Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center

we spend christmas at the B*B UTRECHT CITY CENTER

by written on January 22, 2012

we were 3 days at the B&B UTRECHT
we spend at christmas
we had a free christmas dinner free wine free beer
we paid with sleeping at all the mails 19.50
the staff was cool friendly
we had a lot of fun
we will come back at the summer time to enjoy the famous B.Q

Unique Quality: free internet free use of pc s
music corner with a grand piano
checkout 17.00 hours
pancakes at breakfast

Directions: city center

This was a great hostel B*B UTRECHT CITY CENTER

by written on April 24, 2011

A very nice place to stay This was a great hostel. The staff are really friendly, the atmosphere of the place is great and the price is very reasonable. in the city center of Utrecht. Wewill return to this hostel in the future

Unique Quality: provision of 'help yourself' food and the use of the kitchen was excellent
all meals included free coffe and tea great
12 pc s free internet wirelless

Directions: in the city center in front of the theater stadsschouwburg

Cheap hostel with lots of free food, in Utrecht

by written on April 8, 2007

En suite showers for each room. Slight issue of overbooking and the 10 of us we in a small room with 5 bunkbeds and not much floor space, but I doubt that happens often, it was only cos we were a big group booking.

Unique Quality: They encouraged you to eat the free food not just for breakfast but whenever you want. No toaster (though kitchen was being renevated) but lots of bread, jams/spreads, eggs, cheese/ham, pizza and pasta with various sauces, plus oter random goodies in the fridge. They suggest you make sandwices for the day and provide clingfilm and sandwich bags & ties.

Also, each room has a chandelier in it! Quite strange for a hostel eh?

Directions: Opposite the theatre, on the main river Rijn (Rhein)

didgeridorien's Profile Photo

Free Food

by written on April 4, 2006

This is a big hostel right in the city centre. It's run by students from different countries, that study in Utrecht and live in the hostel. The people are friendly and very helpful.

Unique Quality: All the food is for free, there is pasta and hamburgers, you'll just have to cook it yourself. You can rent bikes from the hostel to cycle around. TV and CD corner with a lot of choices. A lot of instruments to play on.

Directions: Take bus 3, 4 or 11 to Stadsschouwburg. It's a minute walk from there.

Bixente's Profile Photo

B&B Utrecht City Center

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 5, 2005

The Hostel is 100% original. A nice building in a really good location. Everything you need is close by and the staff are brilliant because they are more or less travelers themselves. I choose B&B Utrecht for the environment and easy-going attitude of the place. Decent rooms and a fantastic common area with lots of musical instruments, movies and computers. The free food is also nice and keeps daily costs down. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Doors have locks on them.

Unique Quality: ADDRESS

B&B Utrecht City Center
Lucasbolwerk 4
Utrecht, Netherlands

DIRECTIONS

You can take the bus 3, 4 or 11 from the Central Station to the busstop 'Stadsschouwburg' or just come by foot (10-15 minutes walk).

To check-in, please, don't forget to call us upon arrival, because the reception might be closed.

planxty's Profile Photo

Good hostel - if a bit loud.

by written on November 21, 2005

Behind this unprepossessing door is a really rather goodhostel, and I spent a couple of enjoyable nights there. It seems to me to be typical of a new breed of hostels now that certainly weren't available when I was younger. It is more like living in an overgrown student flat than an organised hostel. Rooms are of the dormitory variety, and are warm and clean. Each room has it's own bathroom / toilet, and the water seemed to be hot all day - definitely a plus in November in Holland!

At the price, I really don't know how they actually make money as they include so much for free. There is a free breakfast buffet (all day) which is better than many hotels, free internet 24 hours a day and a good TV room with a large selection of videos. They even provide free beer now and again, would you believe?

Even though I was probably nearly twice the age of most of the guests, I was made to feel most welcome. the staff are particularly friendly.

I would definitely recommend this place if you are OK with hostel accomodation.

Unique Quality: The unique quality of this hostel is undoubtedly the "music corner" in the common room. It has a huge selection of musical instruments (some in more playable condition than others) including a drum kit, guitars, keyboards, amps, assorted percussion and a huge collection of violins. I'm not sure if the violins are actually playable, but they make a great wall decoration.

I'f you've read my homepage, you'll know I'm a musician of sorts, although I didn't get round to playing here. The "music corner" can be both blessing and curse. Obviously, I' love being around instruments, but some teenager with pretensions of being the next Kurt Cobain playing two chords badly (and loudly) when I'm trying to watch TV doesn't really do it for me.

On the upside, I'm told that some local musos come in on occasional evenings and have some very good jams.

Directions: See the map on the website which explains it well.

suvaa003's Profile Photo

A place to sleep in Utrecht

by written on June 20, 2003

It is a hostel, in the centre of the city, just a minute walk a way from the old historical centre. Free breakfst and free internet

Unique Quality: As I just said, free internet and free breakfst and in the centre of the city, located near shops, cafees and all the other things you would like to see in town.

Nearby Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center

Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center

• Hostel Bed And Breakfast Utrecht City Center
  • Hostel B&b Utrecht City Hotel Utrecht

Address: Lucas Bolwerk 4, Utrecht, 3512 EG, The Netherlands

10 Photos of Hostel B&B Utrecht City Center

View Professional Photos

Utrecht Travel Forum

Need advice about Utrecht, Netherlands? Visit the Travel Forum for Utrecht and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Utrecht hotel reviews