Utrecht Hotels

Our Members Say

• mvtouring profile photo mvtouring
  • Reviews: 3932

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

B&B Kilim: B&B Kilim-centre-inn

We had a fantastic stay here. The hosts (sorry cannot remember their names, quite difficult is all I can say) was absolutely fantastic and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We had a fantastic airy & spacious room which opened onto a balcony. Breakfast was good and always more than enough to eat.

Central location is what makes this place great, plus the service you get from the owners.

• Written June 30, 2009
Tip Photo

• nighthawk profile photo nighthawk
  • Reviews: 1438

Taking photographs was rather difficult for the large windows were too bright. But standing in the window-sill ..... sorry Yvonne, you just didn t fit in this time....I was getting nervous with you all staring at me .... and the woman wanting her seat back ....

• Written September 12, 2002

• Globeman profile photo Globeman
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel Ouwi Utrecht: Great bed and breakfast

Unless the bad experience someone else on this site had, i can say that i was surprised by this hotel. The rooms weren't that big, but comfortable. Off course you cannot expect 5 star quality when you go to a two star hotel. The prices were very competitive in Utrecht. There was shower and toilet, free internet in the room en i loved the breakfast with "good morning" printed in my toast!! can you believe it. The centre was very easy to reach, busses stopped almost in front of the hotel every 3 minutes. Walking would be around 5-10 minute to cityheart. During my first and second (yes i have been twice) stay, the hotel was filled with doctors and speakers from universities all around the world.

"good morning" toast, excellent public traffic, in my case to the university, which took me 5 minutes, same for the centre of the town. Nice garden with original canal where boats cross by.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 10, 2003

• Djinn76 profile photo Djinn76
  • Reviews: 808

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Camping de Berekuil: The city camping

We had some issues to find it although it is located only a couple of kilometers from the city center.
Quite a big and modern camping, there is a pool nearby but this wouldn't be the place to swim, there is also quite a big swimming pool for that (even if the water was terribly cold).
For a drink there is a cafe-restaurant but I wouldn't recommend it. The service was simply awful!! They even refused to give us some change for the showers, pointing us to the reception!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Camping, Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written August 1, 2004
Tip Photo

• sandravdp profile photo sandravdp
  • Reviews: 1325

Hotels are near Utrecht...

Hotels are near Utrecht Central station. You can find several. Also al the expensive hotels like the Hilton are here. In the center of Utrecht are hotels too.

• Written September 7, 2002
Tip Photo

• denise_BG profile photo denise_BG
  • Reviews: 100

Malie Hotel -...

Malie Hotel - www.maliehotel.nl. It doesn't look like a typical hotel. It's so comfortable that you feel like being at home all the time.

I loved the breakfasts!

• Written August 26, 2002

• DanielF profile photo DanielF
  • Reviews: 2936

A good place to stay at a...

A good place to stay at a reasonable price is the hotel Tulip Inn. Large mandarde-type rooms in the top floor.

• Written August 26, 2002
Tip Photo

• margaux profile photo margaux
  • Reviews: 82

Depends on what you want to...

Depends on what you want to spend, but we have Grand Hotel Karel V, which is a very expensive 5 star hotel in an old monument in the very center of Utrecht. There's also Stadscafe Oudaen that has it's own brewery and is a little less expensive, but also at the Oudegracht, in the center of Utrecht.

Then there is Hostel Strowis, http://www.strowis.nl, a nice hostel with different styles of rooms and not too expensive.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written August 24, 2002

• lorino profile photo lorino
  • Reviews: 168
Well, when I arrived in...

Well, when I arrived in Utrecht everything was booked. I frankly wasn't sure if I would find anything available but sought help at the VVV office. There I found a double available with their help at Ouwi. Breakfast was included. To be honest I probably wouldn't recommend this location as it was couple miles outside the Center. And to be frank, I paid for a double (which VVV was told all that was available) which was obviously a single accommodation. It had a single size bed (similar to a train berth), desk and VERY small bathroom w/shower (don't drop the soap, you'll hit your head on the sink). The room was probably no more than 6 ft. in width. I spent very little time in the room as I felt a bit claustrophobic.
I would say this was expensive for the type of accommodation. I paid approx. $70US for a double (very obviously a single room). Warning: rooms uncomfortably small (similar to train berth), was nearly out of toilet paper in bathroom when arrived (made me question whether room had been serviced before my arrival), service at desk not exactly friendly. Location, far from city center although half block from busstop that will get you there via 15 min. ride.

If you are overweight, unfortunately you couldn't stay here if you wanted to. Seriously, if you had the same room I was given, you will not fit into the bathroom or shower - it was that small. I would expect you would be EXTREMELY uncomfortable. This is meant as a heartfelt warning not a joke. There is nothing worse than an uncomfortable accommodation! If not for the pouring rain, my fatigue after travelling all day, etc., I would have said 'no thanks' and hopped the train onto to Amsterdam.

• Written August 24, 2002

• pupina profile photo pupina
  • Reviews: 59

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

B&B Ruisdael: The real deal

We stayed at a B&B in Utrecht which was part of a house. The hostess was very friendly and she made us good breakfast everyday. It is a really good option if you're tight on budget. There are tea and coffee facilities in the room and the bathroom is shared. The place was very clean and there is a piano in the living room.

Near this B&B there the Wilhelmina Park where you can go for a quiet walk and enjoy some breathtaking views.

• Related to: Budget Travel