"At the beach"
The first settlement in the Domburg areas probably was a Roman one; remains of the Nehalennia temple were found in the 17th century after been burried by the dunes for centuries.
Dormburg got is name as it was built as a "Duinburcht", a round fortification in the dunes in the 9th century.
In the church records the name Dumburgh is mentioned in a document from 1200. The settlement grew bigger and in the 13th century it was split into Dumburgh infra castellum and Dumburgh extra castellum; a part inside the walls and a part outside. Each part had its own church.
In 1223 Domburg got city rights, but stayed small without any real power.
In the 17th and 18th century Domburg was used by locals from nearby cities to build their summerhouses.
In 1834 sea bathing was started as a business at the Domburg beach and after the construction of the "Badpaviljoen" in 1837 and the "Badhotel" in 1866 the bathing business increased. Bathing first were limited to the rich and famous, but in 1870 the railroad to Vlissingen opened and created an opportunity to travel to more people.
Nowadays Domburg is still small and compact and property prices are skyhigh. Still this small towns attracts many tourists.