Veere Hotels

Our Members Say

• remcobron profile photo remcobron
  • Reviews: 1

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Logement De Craecke: Excellent B&B in Veere

Logement De Craecke is located in the Oudestraat right off the market square. It is a three-star rated B&B but is actually better then a lot of the hotels in The Netherlands. They offer four well equipped rooms with TV (40 channels), mini-bar, and free tea and coffee. They also offer free wifi internet connection in all of the rooms. Two rooms have only a shower, two rooms a bath and separate shower. Three rooms are for two people, the fourth has a large couch which can be converted in a bed. In the morning they serve an excellent full breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, eggs, different sorts of bread and even croissants! Of course there is also coffee, tea, orange juice, and milk to choose from. The B&B has a private terrace where with good weather you can also enjoy the breakfast. They have free private parking around the back (four spaces) and a storage for bikes and oversized luggage which can be locked.

I've loved my stay at Logement De Craecke. The people running the place are extremely nice and helpful. During my stay a couple with child was staying from America and they got soaked when going for a walk the day they had to leave by plane. They were in panic but the people that run the B&B offered to quickly put their clothes in the dryer and let them stay a little longer in their room. An hour later they were on their way with dry clothes and big smiles. That's service you don't find everywhere!

The location is one of the best you can find in Veere. The quality of the rooms is outstanding and the breakfast buffet delicious. They seem to have a new variety of food every day to choose from! I liked the fact that we were able to park our car right around the back and have full access to it all the time. The wifi was great to have as well, I've even called home with Skype without a hitch!

On of the other big plusses I found was parking. They have their own parking-lot right around the back of the De Craecke which means you always have your car right there. The other hotels in Veere don't have this and you either have to pay for parking about 100 yards away, or park you car for free even further away. I didn't have any bikes or strollers with me, but if you have they also have a storage facility for that which you can open and lock 24-hours a day with your own key!

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Seniors
  • Written August 12, 2006

The front of the B&B

Campveerse Toren: Campveerse Toren

A mighty historical spot to stay in Veere. The founder of our country, William of Orange married for the 3rd time to Charlotte de Bourbon in my hometown Brielle. The wedding party then travelled to Veere where they had the wedding breakfast. I cannot imagine otherwise than that they consumated the marriage there as well!

Campveerse Toren looks out over the Veerse Meer (lake) right at the entrance of the harbour. In summer it will be very lively and wonderful to see.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written November 10, 2004

VEERE HARBOUR

Waepen van Veere: Waepen van Veere

Located dead center of Veere where it will be very busy in the tourist season. With mostly yachting and sailing people.
Looks like a great hotel but I won't ever stay here, I think. Veere is only an hour's drive away from my home.
Anyway, I know the location is superb.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Family Travel
  • Written November 10, 2004

MARKT, VEERE

• Reviews: 3829

No B&B or pensions?: No B&B or pensions?

I have checked the Tourist Information website of the Province Zeeland, section Walcheren but there seems to be no B&B, pension or camping in Veere. Of course there is plenty of that in the neighbouring villages and towns.

If any of you know of Veere accomodation, please let me know!

• Opinion of Price: N/A