Hotel Restaurant De Boekanier

Hotel Cafe Restaurant de Boekanier
Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Vrouwenpolder

The church of VrouwenpolderThe church of Vrouwenpolder

Wolfgang and Natascha fighting the windWolfgang and Natascha fighting the wind

The beach and the DeltaThe beach and the Delta

Travel Tips for Vrouwenpolder

me and my kite

by IceBear7

Blue skies, sunshine, the sea, an old couple with a dog, a few families with kids running around. And me with my kite. This is one of the most relaxing things I know in this world.

I guess you can't have that in summer, when the beach is full with Germans on vacation, but I love the quiet fall and winter days when the wind and your kite are your best friends.

Camping for 0 euro!

by nighthawk

That s what attracted my eye one day surfing the net. So i e-mailed and got answer it would only cost about 16 euro, tourist tax or something.

Whilst we drove towards our weekend destination, our youngest asked: Where are we going mummy?
To Vrouwenpolder (literally women's polder) I answered.
't Was silent for a moment and then she asked: Is that place just for women? Isn t daddy allowed there?

Well, since she sounded a bit worried we told here men weren t a problem there ;-).

Vrouwenpolder ... a street, some houses, a supermarket, a pizzeria, a chinese take away, a snackbar and a grand cafe, oh and some churches that s most of what I saw of Vrouwenpolder for we had to drive through mainstreet and then onto a small road leading through the polder towards the campsite.

Am pretty sure live wouldn t be half as nice for the people living here if it weren t for tourism ... might already have sunk into the sea if it weren t for all the tourist bringing their good money here ;-).

The postcard in the picture I stole from www.loesje.nl, a wonderful site with lotsa postcards, all with inspiring motivating text .. like this one : Every one still spoke computer language first days at the campsite .. hehe so glad I ll be home before I really miss my computer ;-) ...

Oh and Nighthawk was here hehe ... one night hubby and the kids went for a swim some 8 kilometers further on and I stayed home to cook a meal for when they came back .. ample time for a walk along the beach and since there was no one there to tell me no do not I left my mark ...

My own beach :-)

by IceBear7

"...more or less"

I feel a lucky person to be able to go to a trip to the coast just for one day. Although I miss the days when I just had to jump on my bike for a few minutes and be at the beach.

The Zeeland coast is only two hours by car from Aachen, and I just love spending time there. If it's just for a few hours, or a whole weekend like we had in November.

Comments