Bed & Breakfast Oostpoort

Oosteinde 80, Delft, Zuid-Holland, 2611 SN, The Netherlands

More about Delft

Delft CanalDelft Canal

Delft shop -How much is that Doggy in the window??Delft shop -How much is that Doggy in the window??

Patrick perfecting pic takingPatrick perfecting pic taking

Stroopwafel VendorStroopwafel Vendor

Apartment at the Hotel d'Ark

by BowserBoy

I've read the reviews of the hotel rooms, but nothing about the apartments. Does anyone have any experience with them? My traveling budget would benefit from staying in one of the apartments, but as I would be there for two weeks, I'd like to know more about my temporary home. Will be there in October - what is October like in Delft, in that part of the Netherlands?
Thanks & appreciation for any responses.

by planxty

I think you should post this on the travel forums for Delft, you will have a much better chance of a reply.

fergy.

by planxty

My sincerest apologies, it is me that is in the wrong place. I thought I was in the misc. forum. Put it dpown to an old man's slipping mind.

fergy.

by pieter_jan_v

Delft is a nice little Dutch town, with a long history. It's more or less build to The Hague and easily travelled to by tram from the The Hague train stations (HS and CS) or via train to the Delft train station.

Delft weather will be the same as in Amsterdam; see:

More at: http://www.delft.nl/webEN/content.jsp?objectid=33500

PJ

by Pomerol

I stayed in Hotel d'Ark several times and it is a wonderful little hotel. I see that the apartments are located in a different building but I would imagine you will get the same level of cleanliness and service as one does in the hotel.

Delft is a quaint little town and one of my favorite cities in the NL and as noted above, very central if you want to travel around.

by nhoolb

As said above, Hotel de Ark is quite OK but neither have I ever visited the apartments though I still plan to do so one day. If interested I could come back to you when I have done so.

The tram The Hague-Delft (line # 1) will NOT stop at The Hague Central Station (CS) after (approx.) June. The stop there (at CS) at this moment is temporary due to re-construction works in the centre of The Hague. But it will continue to stop at the The Hague HS station as always.

For weather statistics of Delft (statistics of Rotterdam Airport which is 8 miles away):

Travel Tips for Delft

Huig de Groot aka Hugo Grotius

by gordonilla

The statue is placed in the Markt of Delft to commemorate one of it's most famous sons - Huig de Groot; he is better known as Hugo Grotius. Grotius was a Royal Advisor, Professor, Ambassador, author and playwright.

General tourist information

by ATLC

The best thing about Delft is its beauty at every corner, the sun shining on the water in the canals, the many people enjoying typical Dutch pancakes on the Markt square, the weddings at the Town Hall, especially on Fridays and the great many nice little shops. The tourist office (not the usual VVV as that is closed down) can be found at:

Toeristen Informatie Punt
Hippolytusbuurt 4
2611 HN Delft

0900 5151555
toeristeninformatie@delft.nl
www.delft.nl

Where is it located?
Well, if you turn your back on the Nieuwe Kerk (see picture) and walk on the right side of the Markt square, at the end turn right and then immediately left. On the corner you find a fish stall, turn right and then the Tourist Information Point is about 5-10 metres on your right hand side.

an unexpected discovery

by call_me_rhia

Delft, another unplanned surprise... Once again the suggestion came from my Dutch friend: I had a spare afternoon and he suggested I'd leave Rotterdam (was he trying to get rid of me maybe?) Anyway, I followed his suggestion and took the train to Delft. Delft is only 20 minutes away, but it really looks like a world apart: it's a very old town, with little stone buildings, a plesant market square, lots of little canals lined with trees, and even more tiny bridges. It's a very tiny town, but of incredible beauty. What else? History pervades the place. Never have I seen such a huge concentration of beautiful houses, churches and museums. Every corner seemed to scream to have someplace to be visited. I think one could really spend a few days there and not get bored.

New Church

by isolina_it

The New Church (De Nieuwe Kerk) situated on the Markt was built between 1383 and 1510. The black and white marble sarcophagus of William I of Orange, surrounded by allegorical statues representing Fame, Valor, Religion, Justice and Liberty, is most impressive. His little dog, who died because he refused to eat when his master died, adds a poignant note to the tomb. The exceptional tomb was designed by Hendrick de Keyser in 1614 and completed by his son Pieter in 1622. The Burial Vaults of the Royal family are not accessible but there is a diagram showing locations and identifying coffins.
There are also exhibitions on the House of Orange and the history of the church.
Climb the tower of the New Church! Enjoy the view at more than 356 feet high. When the weather is clear, you have a magnificent view over the glass greenhouses of Westland, and the cities of The Hague, Zoetermeer, Gouda, Rotterdam, the harbors and industry of the Rijnmond area and the North Sea.

Typical (?) architecture

by Lalique

You know I just adore these crooked Dutch houses.... they are so cute! First time I saw them in Amsterdam last spring and just fell in love with them... have a look at the gorgeus profile :))))))
"there was a crooked man and he lived in a crooked house...."

Comments