Our Members Say
- Reviews: 3829
Camping De Klepperstee ****: Amenities at De Klepperstee
I need to dedicate a 2nd tip to this camping to describe all the amenities.
Here you go:
- a supermarket, also for stamps, telephone cards, pizza takeaway, barbecue service...
- a children's swimming pool
- various playgrounds
- laundry facilities
- bar/club house
- restaurant/ snackbar
- tennis courts
- jeu de boules track
- bicycle hire
- basket ball court
- an internet point (takes coins)
There is a special pavilion for children's activities, apart from the various playgrounds. There are also strict rules on the campground that ensure safety and an agreable stay for everybody. There are also facilities for disabled people (ie bathrooms). A lot of people stay the whole season or own a caravan there. So there are not only families but also seniors that enjoy camping. My parents-in-law owned a caravan there until they were well into their eighties, and lived there actually the whole season from 1 April to 31 October. Youngsters, travelling alone, are not allowed on this camping, which makes it a quiet and safe area.
In the photos you can see the children's pavilion (& sculpture), the restaurant, shop, and a not so good photo of the pool (I didn't want to photograph the few children and their parent). And the entrance to the camping.
- Reviews: 3829
Camping De Klepperstee ****: Excellent seaside camping
This is really a 4 star camping. Immaculately clean and well kept and at a short walking distance from some of the best beaches on the North Sea coast.
I have visited this camping regularly for the last 20 years because I have family there who own a caravan on the premises. I also stayed there (loaned their caravan) when my children were little. The island Goeree-Overflakkee (connected to mainland by bridges) is very popular for family holidays, cycling and walking. There's also lots on offer for lovers of birds and flora.
At the link below (PDF) you can download a full colour brochure including prices in German, English and Dutch.
There are various accommodation types to choose from, per night:
- camping places without electricty
- camping places with electricty (6 ampère or10 ampère) = € 32,50 or € 35,00
- comfort places (10 ampère electricity, water, sewage and cable TV)= € 41,00
- comfortPLUS places (extra: private bathroom), for weeks/weekends/midweeks = € 54,00
- short-stay places (17.00-10.00 hrs) with 10 ampère electricity, extra tent not allowed = € 12,50
- camper places (Mossel) with 6 ampère stroom, extra tent not allowed = € 17,50
- holiday homes (wooden houses), various prices, from € 390 in low season to € 545 high season for a full week.
Excluding € 0,63 p.p.p.n. tax and € 7,50 per booking.
All other conditions and prices can be found in the 2008 brochure
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful