Carlton Hotel Naaldwijk

Tiendweg 10, The Hague, Zuid-Holland, 2671 SB, The Netherlands

Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Jerelis's Profile Photo

Wait until they renovate the place!

Later during our stay we heard from other guests that this hotel used to be a wonderful chic hotel when it first opened its doors so many years ago. The man we spoke thought that it was build like 20 years ago and he probably is right. On my account the current problem is that they really did not do any refurbishment, so stay at the Carlton Hotel takes you back to 1990. Only problem about that is that the furniture and carpet are still there today! (and is really worn out). We were allowed to see the hotel room of the other guest and (well what should I say) it also was really really worn out. The rooms are not that big or special at all, with very old small bathrooms. Another downside of the other guest was that his room was next to the elevators and he heared them all the time. But anyway, we only stayed here for two nights and during the day we spent time in The Hague and Scheveningen (beach area).

Is there a plus to be found? Yes, there is ... we ate very good food in the restaurant and extremely friendly staff. The only reason why we will ever return to this hotel is because of the location and so friendly staff! The normal we had is really not the 4 star hotel quality they pretend to be (very well considered: it’s a rip off). Therefore my conclusion is very clear: if you will spend a long holiday, please go somewhere else and wait until they finally have renovated the hotel.

Unique Quality: There are some good online offers available and the parking is free.

It makes you grumpy.

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised by the huge parking lot. We were allowed to park the car for free, so in comparison to other hotels in the area this is a huge advantage. We arrived at the counter and we were welcomed very polite and helpfully directed to our room. Right there we witnessed our amazing disappointment. We read in the folder the following phrase: Do you want a break from the daily grind? Get away for a little bit? If so, then Hotel-Restaurant Carlton is the place for you! This slogan is the correct idea about this particular hotel I guess. Don´t stay too long inside, because it will make you grumpy. A 4 star hotel and there is so much not in order here! So do break away … just check in, leave your stuff in the room and get out!

We saw paint at the doors that was delaminating, there were cracks in the sink and the window barely closed properly. We returned to the counter and told them our story. They stayed polite, but were not particularly impressed by it. They told us that we booked the room via an exceptional low rate and this was all they could do for us. Maybe they are right about the low rate, but this still doesn’t mean that they can’t deliver a room that lives up to the 4 star hotel they pretend to be!

No 4 stars at all!

At the time Paulien and I decided we wanted to go to The Hague for a few days we searched the internet for a good hotel with a reasonable price. We ended up at the Carlton Hotel in Naaldwijk. At their website we read that "A successful and pleasant stay begins and ends at the 4-star Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant Carlton in Naaldwijk."

First of all it location is good, because it is centrally located, can be easily reached and is close to the historic city centre of Delft, The Hague and barely six kilometres from the beach at Hook of Holland. But there it all ends. Nowhere we could see why it is supposed to be a 4-star hotel! Paint at the doors was delaminating, there were cracks in the sink and the window barely closed properly. Besides that, the hotel is located close by a very busy main road of Naaldwijk and the noise of the traffic was huge. So, a nice priced hotel, but we won't go back again.

Unique Quality: There are some good online offers available.

More about The Hague

, Miniature City, The Hague, Miniature City, The Hague

Oleg Popov at 80 yearsOleg Popov at 80 years

MadurodamMadurodam

Coffee after dinner.Coffee after dinner.

Looking for a puppy

by puppylover2

Hi, I just moved into Den Haag and I dont know any Dutch. I wanted to buy a little puppy. I was wondering if there are any pet shops in the hague. What are the price range for the dogs? I need a little puppy preferably who stay small :)..like little westland terriers and japanese spitz.
Can somebody mention a couple of pet shops in the hague?
Thankyou :)

by pieter_jan_v

Try: http://www.haagsdierencentrum.nl/

I think it's better to look at animals that were "abandoned", rather than to buy from animal dealers.

PJ

by unaS

Always buy direct from a breeder and not from a shop. Or as PJ said, adopt an abandoned animal.

by puppylover2

Thanks. I will visit this site; its not in english, is there any english version of it?

by puppylover2

Hmm, okay. Thanks for the advice. Do you know any breeders in the hague?

Googled it.

If you are interested in a pure bred (pedigree dog), than you should start here: http://www.raadvanbeheer.nl/index.php?id=1519&L=1

If you are willing to take a rescue dog, take a look here:

by lubama05

Hi, you might take a look at www.dierenasiels.com, you can fill in what kind of animal you are looking for, also if it is to be a puppy or an adult. There are a lot of young dogs at rescues, so please don't rule them out.
Lubama05

by catnl

this ia site for westhighland terriers in dutch, several places but not The Hague.
good luck finding a beautifull pup:-)

by puppylover2

Thanks everybody. Helped a lot. I went through all of the sites. Actually, Im not a dog expert and this is the first time Im buying a dog. I really was hoping if there were any puppies in the hague because I want to raise him/her myself. Or atleast a really small dog that remains small.
I went through a couple of resuce and abandoned dogs; they were all very big. I need a small dog. I did find an adult maltese, and I suppose if I dont find any puppy ideally, ill have to look in the asylum for that maltese.

by unaS

Good idea to go visit the rescue centres that hold dogs. Sometimes they get in puppies. If you visit a couple of times and leave your name and phone number they might be willing to contact you if they get something of the type you want.

by puppylover2

Hmm yes. I suppose Ill visit the asylum (http://www.haagsdierencentrum.nl/) and I'll keep visiting and leave my information. Maybe a puppy will eventually show up there.
Thankyou!

Good luck!

Travel Tips for The Hague

Zuiderstrand - Southern Beach

by RoyJava

Remember the opening-picture of the lighthouse? This is the same view, just with rough ocean and huge waves at daylight. It is the area of the Southern Shores of The Hague, the Zuiderstrand - Pantai Selatan (Dutch & Indonesian translation). See the famous Scheveningen Pier at the background ...
Going SOUTH Along The Shore The place is magical, mysterious and, mystic. Wicca- and Druid-people come here to perform their rituals on Full Moon's night, we exercise our Satria Nusantara-sport here, the beach is a dog-friendly area, the beach parking-place is FREE (!) so you'll see the whole family for a nice picnic and, at the Cuisine (Kitchen) you can have a great meal, a cup of coffee, an icecream. Furtheron you'll find the nudist-beach part on a 15 minutes walk. A lot of surfers come here trying to control the huge waves, so I need no more to tell, do I? Maybe wathing the beautiful sunset during winter, summer, spring and autumn ... ;o)

Kurhaus In Winter-time

by RoyJava

Isn't she lovely? The grandeur of a castle-like building looking over the waves of the ocean ... the Northern Sea. Entering Scheveningen from down-town you probably won't see the Kurhaus like on this photograph. And during summertime the beach will be overcrowded with bathing visitors ... So ... the only moment you will get to watch the Kurhaus in all of her grandiosity is ... wintertime, my dears. Draw near to her from beach-side and hold in your respect. The Goddess of the Ocean will accompany you, ... thanks Scheveningen!
Truly Snow Time - Scheveningen

when youre finished youre...

by catnl

when youre finished youre visa, you can go back to the central station with line number 4 at the same side of the street of the Embassy just 2 min. walk. the busride to the station will take about 15 min.

Skyline Old & New The Hague

by RoyJava

Crazy about skylines, animated by VT friend VincentJJ, this one includes the modern new buildings and the old Hollands Spoor station where the international trains pass by. In future times I'll add each of these modern buildings ...

Skyline VT Friend VincentJJ When visiting Megastore, for your mega-shopping, you may park on the roof-terrace parking place. From there you can see this splendid The Hague mega-view and, that remarkable skyline connecting old and new ...

Megastore

Bycicles

by bugulma

Like in all country The Hague is full of bycicles and they are everywhere. In the picture you can see a real ocean of these vehicles. Just imagine how it is dangerous to cross the streets in the Dutch cities and towns :-)

Comments