Esquire Hotel

Van Aerssenstraat 65, The Hague, Zuid-Holland, 2582 JG, The Netherlands

Satisfaction Terrible

More about The Hague

, Miniature City, The Hague, Miniature City, The Hague

Stage in the big tentStage in the big tent

MadurodamMadurodam

view-toussaintkadeview-toussaintkade

Dutch language courses

by Maykoopman

Has anyone attended Dutch lessons at an university /intensive or Summer courses?
What about the teaching quality and finding accomodation?
My relatives live in Nijmegen but apparently there are no intensive courses, so I need to find accomodation.
Thank you,.

by pieter_jan_v

Have you looked at: http://www.reginacoeli.nl/eng/index.html

It is the top of the top in the Netherlands.

I understand you want to follow a Dutch language training course at The Hague?

Daily train travel from Nijmegen back and forth is out of the question?

PJ

by ATLC

I assume you have researched the possibilities at the Radboud University?
Have you tried:

Eurolinguist Taleninstituut
Oude Holleweg 5
6572 AA Berg en Dal (Nijmegen)

Postbus 642
6500 AP Nijmegen

Tel: 024 3600 700
Fax: 024 3601 015
Email: info@eurolinguist.nl

I agree it's a rather long journey from Nijmegen to Den Haag (1.50 hrs one-way per train, excluding additional bus rides).
I'm not sure about your question: you are looking for accomodation in The Hague?

by Maykoopman

Thanks for your answer.I checked the Nijmegen university, their programme does not offer intensive courses with daily a few hours lessons. The place would be convenient because I could live with relatives.I checked out The Hague and Delft. I prefer goi^ng to universities, the quality is usually better and also cheaper. So, I keep searching.I checked Delft, so far no answer from them butI will go there directly. Thanks for the time being.

by pieter_jan_v

I have general accommodation links for the Netherlands at:

The links range from student rooms to furnished private houses.

I hope you'll find a suitable space, because the area is not the cheapest for accommodation.

Extend your search with Scheveningen, Delft and Zoetermeer.

BTW The university of Leiden maybe an option; see:

Housing at Leiden may be easier than The Hague.

PJ

Travel Tips for The Hague

Places to visit in and around Den Haag

by Airpunk

There are many places to visit which are not in the city center. You can reach Scheveningen with its beach and the miniature city of Madurodam by tram, the Haagse Bos (with Huis ten Bosch, the residence of queen Beatrix) is a wood area within the city which is a few minutes away from the central station.

Many other cities are less than half an hour away of Den Haag, including Delft and Leiden and even Rotterdam is not far away.

You can find Scheveningen and Madurodam tips among the tips of The Hague, but even as they are part of the city, they are treated as own destinations in VT. So it may be useful to visit these sites too. For the cities mentioned above, it is recommendated that you visit the respective pages. For me, this is one of the largest advantges in Den Haag: You can visit so many different places in just a single day.

Muslims in the Hague

by hassan_abu

Mainly Turkish and other Arabs, Pakistani Muslims visit this Mosque.

So, naturally Friday prayer's sermon was in Turkish.

Anyway, its always nice to see a Mosque in a non-Muslim country.

The Palace of Justice

by Nathalie_B

The Palace of Justice. Built in 1996 this modern building is 70 meters high and definitely very different from all the other buildings in the city, pretty impressive construction. Take a look at the Palace of Justice on your way to the city center, if you walk form the central train station.

Scheveningen Skyline

by RoyJava

Born on an Indonesian island and raised close to the beach of Sorong, Papua New Guinea, I am happy to live in The Hague. It's close to the beach of Scheveningen and I've watched Scheveningen's growth. It started in a slow way ... As the Scheveningen local's I am used to it for now, though it took a little time. Still I think it is amazing how Scheveningen raised its impressive skyline keeping its beauty. I do hope Scheveningen will grow furtheron without losing its original character ... a magnificent beach-town.

Ok sort of funny story time....

by azrael99

Ok sort of funny story time. While in The Hague I walked past a few of the embassies for different countries and then I saw it - the embassy for the USA. Now an embassy counts as sovereign territory so that means the USA embassy in The Hague counts as US soil. So I thought to myself I wonder what the people at the door would think if I walked up to the door and then ask if I could set foot in the embassy for just a second and hence be able to say - 'I've been in the USA' however I then looked at the 2 suited individuals at the door and suddenly realised that not only did they look as if they had no sense of humour, they were also giving me a look of 'If you walk up those steps to these doors we are going to shoot you'

So much for my trip to the USA then :-)

Comments