Quality Hotel Vica

Fogdebakken 6, Bossekop, Alta, 9501, Norway

More about Alta

More stone carvingsMore stone carvings

Alta Norway Winter Holidays

by cybervinayak

Hi

Myself and my wife are planning to visit Alta in Feb 07. Instead of booking package tour through tour operator, we are planning to undertake outdoor winter activities like snowmobiling, raindeer & husky safaris ourselves. Can anyone give me the addresses for such activities in Alta? Are such agencies easily approachable through hotel reception?

I would also like to know, whether I should purchase Thermal gear before coming to Alta(I understand that it is very costly).

Vinayak

RE: Alta Norway Winter Holidays

by FletteMette

Here are a few websites:

I'd buy the necessary thermal gear before going to Alta - it's pretty likely that you'll find what you need cheaper elsewhere (even though your profile doesn't say where you live).

RE: RE: Alta Norway Winter Holidays

by cybervinayak

Thanx FletteMette

I will browse the site and take necessary action. As I have registered just two days back I have not filled my details as yet. Well as I am from India staying near Bombay(Mumbai), I do not require special winter gear I am also not exposed to extreme winter conditions. Your guideline will certainly help me in planning.

Be in touch

Regards
Vinayak Joshi

Travel Tips for Alta

Alta, Norway

by wolf1964

"Watching the Aurora Borealis"

This is the highest I have been with regard to places on the top of the earth and it's a beautiful place. I'm staying at the Quality Hotel Vica, where the food is good and the staff are friendly, informative and very helpful.

It's an excellent place to visit if you want to watch the Aurora Borealis, as well as maybe go for a husky ride and actually drive the team.

I hope to return some time.

Comments