Thon Hotel Sandviken

View from the FloybanenView from the Floybanen

Bergen (Norway), fish market on TorgetBergen (Norway), fish market on Torget

Bryggen

by marshmendez

I understand the architecture in Bryggen is amazing. Is there a map of the streets and alleys in Bryggen with the highlights of what to see?

by foona

Hi

I couldn't find a online map, but why not ask these guys:

Contact-info: http://www.nettkatalogen.no/firmainfo/stiftelsen_bryggen/1942963606.htm

(David, where are you?)

Hello from Bergen!
The area isn't that big, and my bet is that google streetview is the very best for a pre-view
There are also a lot of sites on the net describing the Bryggen. Here are a couple:

And not least, all the Bryggen travel tips right here on VT!!

by daarth

Ah, this one is real good from the Bryggen foundation:
(click on the English flag)

by Waoife

As other posters have already said, the area isn't very big - you could easily walk the whole area in about 15 minutes if you weren't stopping to look around you. In my opinion, the joy of an area such as Bryggen is just wandering and seeing what you find - it's unlikely that you'll miss any of the major sights in such a small area :)

by iver

i'd take my time to walk the alleys inbtween the old houses,, not only keep to the "mainstreets";

Travel Tips for Bergen

out of this world

by alpikalpik

Two months in Bergen
So, I can talk a little bit about the city.. First time 2004 and then 2005 february.. ok it rains a lot but not that much snow. I like the houses for sure.. People in my group regardless of they come from different continents they did not like Bergen. Because of prices I think! Or maybe I enjoyed lonely people and culture I liked crazy friday saturday nights .
Never seen such a destruction potential in youth in my life-only at weekends-.. -maybe in the UK-

I loved this city, I will visit again Staying in Alrek first time, and then the other place where was far away....
we had lessons in this hospital up to the hill, haukelond??
so many little things..

Bryggen

by Mandy23

There you´ll find Hanseatic wooden buildings with pointed gables facing onto the harbor. Bryggen (the Wharf) has a unique architecture, and is listed by UNESCO as one of the world’s most significant examples of the history and culture of a medieval settlement. We've been twice there yet and I just like to walk along there.

It's in walking distance from the city center of Bergen.

For more info's contact the Tourist information:

Tourist Information,
Vågsallmenningen 1,
N-5014 Bergen
Phone: +47 5532 1480
Fax: +47 5532 1464

Bergen at Sunset

by Marpessa

When I arrived in Bergen I arrived to one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen in my life - it was stunning. (I would have loved to have seen it from up one of the mountains if I had had the time) So my tip is to get outside and enjoy the summer nights in Bergen, watch the sunset, go for a walk, it's very relaxing and a great way to unwind at the end of a day.

Visit the fjords - that's the...

by aliante1981

Visit the fjords - that's the single most important thing that makes Bergen so unique and a 'must se' destination'. You can choose: take a cruise (long or short), view them from above, take a scenic rail journey - it's up to you! Definitely the view of the fjords!

The Cutty Sark Tall Ships' Race

Picture is of “Statsraad Lehmkuhl”, borrowed from www.Lehmkuhl.no

A three masted Barque launched in 1914, She is Norway's oldest and largest sailing vessel and based in Bergen.

Last time Bergen hosted this race was in 1993.The Cutty Sark Tall Ships' Race year 2001 will be in Bergen July 27th to July 30th.

Comments