Rondo Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Voss

GRANVIN- ULVIK ROAD SKJERVEFOSSENGRANVIN- ULVIK ROAD SKJERVEFOSSEN

Stopping off to look at the GorgeStopping off to look at the Gorge

I'm not as drunk as I look - honest!I'm not as drunk as I look - honest!

some falling out...some falling out...

day in Voss

by ynnpar

3 of us will be in Voss for a day in Mid-March; the intent is to do some skiing. But I'm just wondering if it might be interesting to do some snowshoeing there? Does anyone snowshoe around there, or does everyone just use skies and snowboards? Anyone know if you can rent snowshoes? We're not packing much for this trip and I'd like to avoid having to bring mine. Thanks.

Re: day in Voss

by FletteMette

Try Voss Resort Fjellheisar - they have got skis and equipment for rent, but I'm not sure about snowshoes. They do seem to arrange guided ski / showshoe trips though, so it's worth a try. Their website (www.voss-fjellheisar.no) is in Norwegian only, but try to email them: voss (a) voss-fjellheisar.no

Re: day in Voss

by daarth

Though it's not totally unknown, snowshoes are very little used in Norway. Crosscountry skiis are more used were one in North-America would use snowshoes

Travel Tips for Voss

Tea!

by PrincessMonja

I know I've mentioned this already in my review of the Park Hotel but...

The Norwegians seem to only have Earl Grey tea in hotels and cafes, if you prefer bog standard 'pg tips' style tea best to bring your own teabags!

Rappelling

by inawic

I must be honest - I used to be TERRIFIED of just the thought of rappelling. I had decided I would never ever take part in this insanity. However - I sometimes get this urge to challenge myself, so I just closed my eyes and did it. And it turned out to be FUN!

Guides will tell you exactly what to do all the time, and you feel secure all the way. The cliff is 15 metres, and there are several options of routes.

You can also rappell down "Tvinnefossen", then equipped with a wet suit. Harness is provided.

Voss - Norway's extreme sport center

by scarsinface

"Bungee jumping"

Want to face your fears, go one step further than you ever though you could do?

Try Europe's highest bungee jumping. You are lifted up on a tandem parasail, up to about 180 meters - unhook the life line, and jump....
You will have about 100 meters free-fall where you see the water below you rushing towards you.... extremely quickly.. What a rush.

The adventure base

by Sileas

Voss in western Norway is one of the most confident small towns I ever encountered. It is a place of just 8000 inhabitants, but those seem to be everywhere in Norway.

These pages will be continued in the future as I will spend my summer in this town again.

Comments