Radisson Blu Hotel, Alesund

See Amenities

Comfortable hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 3, 2008

We had a comfortable stay. Service is fine, but the room's very average and a bit away from the centre of town. Good breakfast.

Unique Quality: By the sea (like most of Aalesund!). Saw a big cruise ship turning just outside while having breakfast -at one point I thought it was going to crash into the hotel!

Directions: End of pedestrianised kongens gata. Past DNB (Den Norske Bank) branch.

longsanborn's Profile Photo

One of Alesund Classy Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2008

I stayed at the Radisson SAS Hotel during my visit to Alesund. The hotel is close to the city centre, next to the fiord sea and very close to the ferry boat pick-up point (this was important for me as I planned to go to the fiords). I find the hotel to be modern and airy, and its service to be good and efficient. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The room was large with a view to the sea and the islands. The room was clean and complete with TV, table and chairs, etc. Nice clean bathroom too.

Overall, I am happy with the Hotel and don't mind staying here again - if i ever return to Alesund.

Unique Quality: The hotel has excellent buffet, with many choices of cold and hot food. Coffee was surprisingly good.

Directions: Take the hotel shuttle bus from the Alesund airport and it will drop you off nearby the Hotel.

Heidi11's Profile Photo
Heidi11 Aug 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I stayed in Radisson SAS Hotel in Alesund for a whole weekend in May 2013, from Friday to Monday. I was travelling alone. Reception and bar staff were friendly and efficient. Bar staff especilly friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was good and varied. The views from my executive room were very nice, directly to the dock for Hurtigruten ships, which I loved. The location of the hotel is not downtown but the city is small enough to get there in a 5-min-walk, so very good location too. Free wifi even in the bedrooms but low strength since my bedroom seemed to be out of range of the router. Free wifi anyway, which was good. However, the bedroom was not very clean when I arrived and I didn't get it cleaned any of the three days I stayed. They came into the bedroom just to make the bed. They even left the dirty glasses I used to have a soluble pill twice a day, as since there were more glasses I would be happy watching the collection of dirty glasses in the toilet. (I ended up washing them myself after using them.)The second day, apart from making the bed they also took away one of the two pairs of slippers they had provided me with. It wouldn't have bothered me at all if they had taken away the dirty glasses too and swept at least the toilet floor but they didn't. (Let alone vacuuming the rest of the room). Also on the second day I left one of the towels on the floor to have it replaced. I found it back folded on the shelf, though not with the others, wet and dirty as I had left it on the floor. It seems since there were more towels... At least they might have taken it away if not replaced it. I spent three nights there and if it hadn't been for the views to the Hurtigruten dock, she docks three times a day, I'd have left the hotel after the second day. As I said in the beginning, I was in an executive room so I expected at least some more cleanliness. Quality not reflected in the (expensive) price.

Nearby Radisson Blu Hotel, Alesund

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Ålesund Travel Forum

Need advice about Ålesund, Norway? Visit the Travel Forum for Ålesund and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Ålesund hotel reviews