Bernstorffstredet 1, , Kristiansund, Møre og Roms
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Kristiansund

View at high magnification from KvernbergetView at high magnification from Kvernberget

Innlandet seen from SundbåtenInnlandet seen from Sundbåten

Kristiansund and the Atlantic Road

by bodiski

We would love to take a trip on the Atlantic Road. Does anyone know of a tour that would take you over the road? It looks outrageously expensive to rent a car for a few hours. We will be there on a cruise June 16, 2009 from 8AM until 6PM.

by foona

Where will you be on June 16? Molde or Kristiansund or elsewhere?

There are daily, local buses between Molde and Kristiansund over the Atlantic Road. Is that what you have in mind or organized tours? If you give me a bit more info, I'll see what I can find.

by foona

Sorry, I just noticed you posted in Kristiansund-forum. I guess that's where you'll be ;)

by Rachel972

That's a long stop at one place. Which cruise is this? Not the Hurtigruten, their times are different. Does your cruise sell this land tour? The other passengers will want to do the same.

If you get the public bus and have to do both directions, you have to be sure about the timetable to get back on time, which is no problem when you rent a car or take a tour of the cruise.

The Hurtigruten have this drive from Kristiansund to Molde.
I read that this drive is great in stormy weather too, but I wouldn't do it in thick fog.

by bodiski

Sorry to take so long to reply. I forgot to check and see if anyone had responded to my request. I was looking into trying to rent a car but it is looking very complicated. I have also been warned that it is not that easy to drive in Norway unless you are used to it. The Norwegian Cruise has a shore excursion called "Averoy: Miniature Norway" for $109. It's a 4 hour trip. Mostly I wanted to experience the Atlantic Road. A guided tour would be nice but I would also consider public transportation. We would just have to be very careful to get back to the ship on time.

Travel Tips for Kristiansund

Kristiansund

by Toshioohsako

"Being surrounded by islands"

Kristian (population: 23.000) is situated on the western coast of Noway - a town built on 5 islands. It was named after Danish-Norwegian King Vhristian VI in 1942.

The climate here in winter is relatively mild and the summer is warm.

One feels really being surrounded by many islands.

"Very lively town"

The town is deelpy populated and you will see many ships and boats along the main street. Its an important city for fishing and transportation.

"Every where you see ships"

You will see all kinds of ships-fishing boats, sight-seeing boats, big and medium-sized container ships. It's fun!

Comments