Molde Fjordstuer

Kvernes Stave-church, 50km from MoldeKvernes Stave-church, 50km from Molde

"Varden" and the Romsdal Alps"Varden" and the Romsdal Alps

MMS-photo, Lauryn Hill on stageMMS-photo, Lauryn Hill on stage

Molde webcamMolde webcam

motorhome - please help me to rent one

by Bartek102

I am going to spend a 10 days holidays in Molde area. Ideally, I would like to rent a motorhome and wander around. Unfortunately I am not able to find a rental company in Molde. Can anyone help me in finding the one ? Alternatively, I heard that private people who are interested in motorhomes rental post advertisments in local newspapers, but unfortunately, I do not speak Norwegian. Can anyone help me please in finding a motorhome for rent ?

Bartek

RE: motorhome - please help me to rent one

by siri

Hi! I am not sure exactly what you mean by motorhome. Something like this
http://www.caravanservice.as/ ??

OR something like this? http://dethleffs.de/bilder/caravans/new_line/nl_aussen.gif

I am from the Molde area, maybe I can help you.

Travel Tips for Molde

There are some lockers in the Hurtigruten-station

by globetrott

Inside the Hurtigruten-terminal you will find a few automatic lockers like shown in my photo. I dont think that this building is open day and night, but they have a souvenir- and newspapershop there as well, so they will certainly by open most of the day and then untill the last depariure of the hurtigruten-ship.

Roses,Jazz & the most stunning View !

by globetrott

Molde is set in one of the most beautiful bays of Norway and you should not miss it, when driving through Norway.
Hurtigruten will pass through Molde as well and stop for a short time in both directions.

Small town, jazz, literature & hiking

by bluV11t

"Jazz"

Albeit beeing a small town, Molde has the good fortune to host two very different festivals. The first, and largest, is Molde International Jazz Festival (MIJF
english: MIJF English page).

The festival was founded in 1961 and has been an annual event ever since. Week 29 every year (approx. 3. week of july) this little town filles up with people, music and celebration. We may love it or hate it but we can't deny that this is what puts Molde on the map.

"Literature"

The second festival is Bjørnsonfestivalen, the Norwegian festival of international literature. Established in 1992 in connection to Molde's 250-year anniversary Bjørnsonfestivalen is today Norways oldest festival of literature.

The festival gets its name from Norways first Nobelprize winner, Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson (1832-1910). He lived in and around Molde for 12 years in his youth. Bjørnson created the modern, Nordic historical drama and he also wrote the lyrics for the Norwegian national anthem.

Molde

by Bjorgvin

I cherish many good memories from Norway, in particular from the Oslo fjord area, Sognefjord and Gudbrandsdalen. One place I have to mention is the town of Molde, capital of Møre og Romsdal, sometimes called “The town of roses”. Set in beautiful surroundings this is a place of many cultural activities, including an international literature festival and the famous annual Molde International Jazz Festival. During the invasion in April 1940 it was the temporary home of the Norwegian government, and it was from the shelter of a famous birch tree that king Håkon VI and crown prince Olav watched an air raid on the town probably meant to harm them. The town was much damaged but later rebuilt.

Geiranger to Molde Bus Tour Part 3

by geekgrrl

"Approaching the Troll Road"

The next amazing thing was a road down a mountain, the Trollstigen, the Troll Path. From this photo, we had no idea what was coming ahead.

"Waterfall at the top of the Troll Road"

I took a photo at the top of a lovely waterfall. In the next instant, I was looking over the edge of the road down

"the Troll Road"

I was not expecting this at all. We started off at the top of an incredibly high mountain and went through 11 switchbacks to get to the bottom.

"the Troll Road"

There were wonderful waterfalls coming down around, including the Stigfossen waterfall which is 590 feet high. The photos I took may do it some justice since I just can’t find the words!! The gradient on this road is 1:12. The road is quite breath-taking and a little terrifying.

"the Troll Road"

See if you can spot the cars on the road down below.

"the Troll Road"

The waterfall was awesome!

"the Troll Road"

This is the valley where we were headed.

And down we went.