Nordstjernen Hotell

Kongensgate 26, Narvik, 8514, Norway

Satisfaction Poor

More about Narvik

The building that hosts the museumThe building that hosts the museum

17th Mai17th Mai

Narvik, NONarvik, NO

Narvik, NONarvik, NO

How long is it from Narvik bus station to the train station on foot?

by Radagastos

Hello, my question is this: Is it possible for me to arrive to Narvik via bus from Tromso at 14:15 and then catch the train for Lulea that leaves at 14:45?
Thanks!

Re: How long is it from Narvik bus station to the train station on foot?

by SailorRoar

I haven't been there but the railway website says that it is a 15 minnutes walk. So I guess it is doable if your bus is on time. Also I would also check if the bus maybe also stops by the railway station in addition to the bus station if I where you...

And also check if they are officially corresponding, if they are you can book the bus ticket through the railway ticket office, then there is a bigger chance of the train waiting, at least for minor delays.

Travel Tips for Narvik

Jim's Hospitality

by travelfrosch

There is no question what (or, I should say, who) made a huge difference for our visit. Jim (Narviking) went out of his way to show us his home, even going so far as driving us around and offering us coffee and cake at his apartment. Thanks, Jim! You are truly Narvik's Goodwill Ambassador to the world. :)

Take the tram way located near...

by mikeworden

Take the cable car located a short walk from the railroad terminal to the top of the Fagernesfjellet. From there you will get amazing views of the harbor and surrounding fjords. The views are too amazing to descibe and should be experienced by anyone who travels in Scandinavia. Fagernesfjellet. The town of Narvik itself is fairly new as Narvik was destroyed during the second world war. The views from the moutain are priceless and not to be missed.

King of the Street Lamp

by travelfrosch

This rather noisy creature appeared quite proud of its perch. I originally thought it was an Arctic Tern, but after further research, it did not have the trademark red beak. I think it's a Guillemot (though I've been told it's probably a Magpie). Whatever it was, it certainly wasn't shy.

"Dog Parking"

by Leipzig

Hehe..this is strange.
Here you can fasten your dog if you want to enter this office. Since there are no trees nearby you have to pay to use the metallic ring.

Well, I received an email some times ago from Thor Gaarden from Narvik and he told me that the maschine is for the cars and "dog parking" is free.

Climate in Narvik

by Leipzig

There is no special rainy season.

Avg. Temp. in Spring: max.: max.: 0 – 8°C ( 32 - 47°F); min: -2 - 5°C ( 28 – 41°F )
Avg. Temp. in Summer: max.: 12 – 16°C ( 53 - 60°F ); min: 8 - 12°C ( 48 - 53°F )
Avg. Temp. in Autumn: max.: 2 – 10°C ( 36 - 50°F); min: -2 - 6°C ( 28 – 43°F )
Avg. Temp. in Winter: max.: -2 – -1°C ( 28 - 30°F); min: -4 - -3°C ( 25 - 27°F )

Comments