Stamsund Hostel

Svarholt, PO Box 110, Stamsund, N-8378, Norway

More about Stamsund

Stamsund hostel Email contact

Hi ,

Would be appreciated if someone could help get us the email contact for Stamsund hostel at Lofoten ( we are Malaysian )

Thanks

by goodfish

According to this, they only accept reservations /provide information by phone:

Hi Goodfish ,

Thanks a lot ....

Is anyone from Lofoten can help ?

by goodfish

Don't know if we have any members from there but if so, it still wouldn't help if the hostel will only deal with your reservation over the phone.

by goodfish

If you MUST use email, you may have to choose another hostel - I see that the site I gave you lists several in the Lofoten area. Here's one with an email address:

by daarth

No, they don't have an e-mail addres
But you can reach them on fax: 0047 76 08 97 39
Or phone: 0047 76 08 93 34

Hi ,

Thanks everybody for being so helpful ....

May I know is it easy to get accomodation in Lofoten in March by just walk-in without any reservation ?

Thanks

by Terje1966

Lofoten rorbuer in Svolvær and Kabelvåg is open all year round.
They have as far as i know winter prices but i do not know if that means that it is cheap.Svolvær is the largest place in the Lofoten archipelago and a nice place to visit. maybe the price is not right but you can always send them an email and ask.

Phone:004776071833
post@lofoten-rorbuer.no

Terje

Travel Tips for Stamsund

Snowboard

by maritagnes

Stamsund alpine skiing resort offers skiing activities during winter.
In 2001 Stamsund hosted "The Arctic Challenge" - where the world's best snow-boarders participated. The event took place on the world's biggest half-pipe ever!

Stamsund - My main base in the Lofoten center

by gubbi1

During my preparation of my trip I found that hotels on the Lofoten were pretty expensive and would bring my planned budget to collapse. So I decided to have a look at the possible Youth hostels. My plan was to find a base somewhere in the middle of the Lofoten chain and then to stay in A, which is almost on the outer tip of the islands. This way I hoped to be able to see most of the Lofoten with a minimum of wasted time for driving. Stamsund seemed to be a great location so I reserved my nights here. When arriving I was positive surprised as the Youth Hostel was located directly at the water in a fishing house. It had a great atmosphere and the people here were all really nice. I found a great spot on the Lofoten.

Stamsund is a rather calm town, but gets busy when the Hurtigruten boat arrives. There are just two stops on the Lofoten, Stamsund is one of them.
It is recommendable to have seen at least once when the boat approaches and turns around in the rather narrow harbour.
In Stamsund you will find some fish industry, canning fish for the export.

The Hurtigruten ship is approaching the Stamsund harbour.

See live which will be the next one and where the others are...

This is the Youth Hostel. Believe me, you will relax!

Stamsund - laidback beauty

by Tellme

"Midnight Sun Fun"

I once went to a far flung village in the Lofoten Islands in the Artic Circle. The village was Stamsund and I will remember it always as one of my favourite places on earth.
Iwas intending to go for a couple of days as the ferry only passes through every couple of days. So I thought I'd pop over see what there was to see and be on my way again. Once I got there I was totally thrown off balance by the natural beauty and tranquility of the place.
I stayed at the Youth Hostel there run by a guy named Roar. The hostel was right on the water in a lovely little yellow hut. The hostel offered free use of fishing gear and a couple of little row boats and for the week that I was there ate free fish every night. The hostel was like a commune of sorts with everyone pitching in to do their share. Example.. One lovely German lass caught about 40 fish so while she was taking a rest from her hard earned efforts a small group of people cleaned and prepared the fish, another group made the salad, another group got the BBQ fired up, a couple of people cooked the fish and everyone helped clean up. After dinner we engaged in a spot of square dancing to commemorate the summer soltice and everyone went to bed in the wee hours of the morning despite the sun shining all night.
There isn't that much to do in Stamsund except kick back and relax. If you're adventuous you can take a quick dip (the water is so cold it burns) or take a hike up the nearby mountain.
I'm sure the atmosphere changes with each group that's there, but my brother made the trek a couple of years after me and he says it's one of his favourite places too.
So if you've got time and money - transport isn't cheap in Norway take a look for yourself.

The port to the Lofoten Islands

by maritagnes

After leaving Bodø by the Coastal Express, Stamsund will be your first taste of the Lofoten Islands after crossing the (sometimes rough) Vestfiord.
Stamsund used to be a vivant little fishing port, but is today also an exciting melting pot for art, theatre and tourism.

Along the harbour

by gubbi1

You can walk along the water in the harbour over quite a bit. There are no fences and as long as you take care that you are not disturbing anyone you can continue walking. I liked the atmosphere, a silent industrial area, but very quiet with a slight feeling to be at a very Northern outpost of civilization.

Have a look at the photos I took...

Comments