Gabelsgate 16, Oslo, Oslo, 0272, Norway

Booking.com Priceline.com www.choice.no

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Quiet and a bit posh

I stayed there one night with my lova, I think it was in february 2005.

THEN it was called comfort hotel gabelshus, but since it was restored in 2004, it is now decided that it shoud be called "Clarion Collection Hotel Gabelshus". It basicly means it is a "unique" hotel, with something special to it.

The hotel's motto is "room for personality".... basicly every room has its own personality. Unfortunatly, me and my looova got the "scary dog"-room. We both got scared by the dogs on the walls who looked down at us.... so we had to remove them.
    I guess we had a bit bad luck with our room.... otherwise the quality was average for being Norway... basicly everything in norway is pretty typical high scandinavian standard (clean, new).

The service, however, was very good and very bad. The first recepsionist there was really rude to us. We, welldressed youth, asked if we may have another room. He basicly just laughed at us, as if we should have known the hotel was fully booked.

Later that night an extremely friendly younger lady was there, and she was really nice to us. The following day she called all the libraries in oslo to check if one of them was open on sunday - just for me. SO kind.

The breakfeast was really good, I though. Lots of different choices. ... and a very good healthy choice (I was thrilled!).

Unique Quality: Gabelshus is in a very posh neighboorhood in Oslo. Near by the ambassador-buildings, and the more expencive shopping-streets. BE AWARE - the carpark outside gabelshus are one of the most expencive cars you can buy in norway (and with the heavy taxes, those are PRICY).

I recomend proper dressing (either very trendy, or formal wear). If not you may experience weird looks from other people at the breakfeast / nightly meal (which by the way is free, and very nice).

For us who appreciates good architecture, I really recomend strolling around the neighboorhood. Beautiful old buildings, and funny wealthy women with big fur-coats to laugh at.

Directions: Follow "drammensveien" west, till you turn right by "gabelsgate"

Comments