Radisson Sas Plaza Hotel Oslo

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Oslo
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Durfun's Profile Photo

SAS Radisson looking glam :)

You can see this imposing landmark hotel from the train station itself.

Even if not staying there, one should go to the top for the first intro to Oslo & some far-reaching views.

Unique Quality: Nice restaurant, great, cheerful service :)

Clean, roomy suites.

Directions: Round the corner from the railway station.

• tomerik's Profile Photo

Nice hotel close to the city centre

37 floors with over 600 rooms with a very nice view over Oslo. The hotel undervent renovation in 2005 and is, as most hotels in Norway, clean and modern in any way.

Unique Quality: Within walking distance to all major attractions and the city centre in Oslo. The hotel has a swimming pool, a sauna and a fitness room. Free internet high speed acess and several bars and restaurants.

• Jtodd's Profile Photo

Oslo Hotel

Proximate to the main train station in Oslo. Great location for walking the city. Excellent service and clean rooms.

I can't recall what I paid but Oslo is a very expensive city. Probably over $200 per night.

• HeikkiPartanen's Profile Photo

Practical to travel by train from airport to hotel

We have travelled by air from Helsinki to Oslo. From Oslo airport we have travelled by train directly to the city of Oslo. We could easily walk from railway station to SAS Plaza Hotel Oslo. We have participated the Nobel Peace Price awards. The interview of the winner Ms. Wagnar Maathai has been held in the city hall. Dinner was outside Oslo in the big wooden cottage. The buffet and the Nobel concert has happened in the next day on Saturday.
    On Sunday we have flight back to Finland - We have had excellent stay durign two nights in SAS Plza and in the city of Oslo. Congratulation Mrs. Wagnar Maathai - once more ! You are doning real peace work in Kenya, Africa and in the world ! Rgs, Heikki

Unique Quality: A super nice view to Holmenkollen ! see picture

• Maria_75's Profile Photo

Oslo Plaza

This is the highest hotel in Nortern Europe, and you have a spectacular view from the top floor! There is a bar at the top and it's really nice to take a drink there and look at the city and the fjord. But if you are on a budget you might want to skip the drink and just enjoy the view, as the prices are higher than the hotel...

The hotel is located very central, right next next to the bus- and trainstation, and all kinds of public transportation are right outside the door. You are also in a walking distance from many of the attractions in the city.

I'm not quite sure about the prices for staying in the hotel, but it's definetly not a place to stay if you are looking for a cheap place... If you want something more luxurious and are willing to pay for it, then this can be a good choice.

More info about Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel Oslo

This Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel is probably the tallest building I ever visited in Scandinavia. I did not stay, I just went up to the bar at the top floor, but I think I should stay here in my next visit, especially if I plan not to visit alone next time.

Directions: 5 minutes walking from central station.

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel

I stayed on the 24th floor which has a pretty good view over Oslo. I like everything in this hotel except one little thing is that they were building a new lobby so it didn't look that good. The continental breakfast was also good. The skybar is also worth checking out.

Unique Quality: Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel is the Northern Europe’s highest hotel. It's located right in the city centre and offers 37 floors, giving breathtaking views of Oslo and the Oslo Fjord. This is truly an international hotel, combining high levels of luxury with traditional Scandinavian hospitality and efficiency.

Directions: Right next to the Central Railway Station.

• monica78's Profile Photo

Near Oslo S

This hotel was once one of the top hotels in Oslo.
    But I have to admit that there are some other hotels in Oslo that have a lot better rooms and service than this one.

The rooms are small. (If you do not have a suite)

Directions: Oslo Central station

• prleprle's Profile Photo

On the high level

I didn't stay in this hotel.... I had room and bad at one farm in vicinity of Oslo and think that I had more chances to explore real Norway than most of guests of this hotel.
    For more informations just click the link... and they will tell you much more than I could!

Directions: City centre

• ymike2000's Profile Photo

Wow, luxury!

I stayed at the Radisson SAS Plaza hotel. It's a five star place that I don't know how the band afforded :)

During my cruise of the Oslo Fjord the guide pointed it out and informed us that at 37 floors it is the tallest building in Scandinavia.

Unique Quality: Outstanding breakfast buffet.

• Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel Oslo:...

Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel Oslo: This hotel is on the borderline east/center Oslo (just two minutes from my humble apartment) So if you stay there, I might come and visit you!!! I would rate it high class, because this is the place the 'the hotshots' use together with three other hotels in Oslo. Clinton stayed here last time (well, the only time!!!) he visited Oslo. I am not sure where Arafat and Barak stayed, but I am pretty sure they didn't stay at the same lodging!
    Plaza is a High rise building, offering breathtaking views, so if you are not sleeping here, make sure you take the elevator up to the 32th floor just to see the view and work with your camera.
    The prices are quit 'stiff' as we say, starting at rates over 1800 NOK. (about 190 USD).
    Other hotels:
    Rica Triangle Hotel - from 95 USD
    Rica Travel Hotel - from 80 USD
    Rica Victoria Hotel - from 75 USD
    Comfort Hotel, Børsparken - from 60 USD

There are lots more, but this could give you some idea about the pricelevel.

• My apartment is really 1...

My apartment is really 1 minute walk from Hotel Plaza, but I stayed here one night as my apartment was rented out last year. Great experience for 'small people'. Together with me at the entrance is Cathrine, a very good friend of mine.

Unique Quality: The view, the prices.......

• blue-viggen's Profile Photo

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel...

I stayed at the Radisson Hotel for sure there are many other good Hotel's to stay at though here is the link for anyone who wants to stay here
    http://www.excite.co.uk/search.gw?lang=en&look=excite_uk&search=radisson+Plaza+o lo&c=web.uknp
    price per room per night I payed 65 british pounds,, I will leave you work out the rest in your own currency

Unique Quality: 5 star and good friendly service and no complaints...

Directions: Radisson Hotel Plaza can't miss it right in the middle of the town with a link bridge from the Central Station into it's main lobby area,

• Tripack's Profile Photo

Radisson SAS Plaza

See web special price from NOK 995.-.

Take your chance ;-)

Unique Quality: Fitness center on the 34th and 35th floor includes a sauna and pool with wonderful bird's-eye views of the city.

Panorama Bar on the 34th floor.

Directions: Sonja Henies Plass 3, Oslo (close to Central Station)

Comments