Ullveien 4, Oslo, Oslo, 0791, Norway

Spikersuppa ice skating, OsloSpikersuppa ice skating, Oslo

The Vigelandspark, OsloThe Vigelandspark, Oslo

In Oslo from 15 - 17 October - Help

by mairalassalvia

I always wanted to go to Oslo and as I found a very good flight ticket deal I didn't hesitate to buy it, but now I'm really trying hard to find a hostel or a budget hotel to stay in Oslo from 15 - 17 Oct and I cannot find it :'(
Does anybody have a tip, what can I do or where can I find something? :)

Thank you in advance!

Hi!

I have stayed in Cochs Pensjonat before and I liked the area a lot. It is centrally located---nearby the famous attractions, yet, in a nice neighborhood. Check-out the prices here: https://cochspensjonat.no/forms/booking.html

Another famous place to stay is the Anker Hostel. I haven't stayed here yet but heard good reviews about it. http://www.ankerhostel.no/en/

The Perminalen Hotel is another centrally located hotel. Very nearby everything and the location is in a quiet side street of Oslo. Check out their site: http://www.perminalen.no/Default.aspx?L=GB

I hope this is of help.

by davlap

Hi i have been using Hostel world online and had a lot off good hostels,permalin in oslo,have 4 bed dorms for girls and the same for guys ,price is 33euro and is centrally located. Have a look at hostel world and maybe expidia.

Hi Tita,

I already tried the 3 of them, all fully booked :-( But thank very much!

by mairalassalvia

Hi davlap, thank you! I tried both and I only can find a stay for Friday, nothing for saturday =/ I never though that it would be so hard to find

by titabell

If you are asking for tips, there are a lot of tips about Oslo from our members here on VT, including mine. Have a look at those pages by simply typing Oslo for Destination on the upper right hand side of this page.

How about the:

Bed and Breakfast in Oslo:

Here's another link that might help:

I tried some other accommodations that I know of, but it seems that they too are all fully booked. There must be something special going on in Oslo on that weekend.

by Terje1966

The Thon Hotels are supposed to have a campaign in october with prices down to
nkr 400 pr night. you might be lucky.

www.thonhotels.no

www.choicehotels.no/ is another big chain of hotels in Norway that sometimes have special offers,

by Hildeal

Travel Tips for Oslo

Don't forget to smell the roses

by marielexoteria

We hear this saying often when we're too stressed to appreciate the small things of life, but at Frognerpark/Vigelandspark I made this come true as I read what the roses are called. All those roses had different fragrances that were just simply unforgettable.

The weather in Oslo today

by Saagar

The weather in Oslo is changeable, and a sunny day can turn into a rainy, windy gray one in no time.
The most agreeable time to visit Oslo is late spring and early summer (from mid May till the end of June). UNlike Bergen and other west coast cities, though, you can expect nice weather the rest of the summer, too, with some spells of rainy and windy weather. In late July and August there can be some hefty thunder showers and downpurs.
Autumn is working time and especially late aurumn can be drab. Nor is Oslo a proper winter city, the snow comes and goes and the cold can be real bitter due to the proximity to the sea. For snow and winter, head out for the hills above Oslo. By Easter, side walk cafes are opening up again and the first beer outside is always celebrated and noted in the calendar.

For planning purposes or just curiosity you should view the web cameras in Oslo:
www.aftenposten.no/webcam/
www.vg.no/foto/kamera

Sorry, I was there on training...

by bkh

Sorry, I was there on training manuvers in the military. I just mainly saw the country and met the people who are by the way the friendliest ones' I ever met during all my travels in the service. The most beautiful evening sky that's almost impossible to describe.

Karl Johans gate

by yooperprof

This is the main "drag" through Oslo! From an American perspective, it presents a combination of Pennsylvania Avenue, Broadway, and Main Street. It links the Sentralstasjon (the main rail station) with the Slottet (the royal palace). For much of the way, it is a pedestrianized street. Toward the station, there are the standard jeans shops and fast food outlets. Toward the palace, you'll find fashionable restaurants and cafes, as well as venerable national institutions like the National Theatre and Stortinget, the Parliament. You can pretty much see all of Oslo on Karl Johans gate.

Beautiful & Safe Nordic City

by Kiisu

I was pleasantly surprised how cosmopolitan this beautiful nordic city is. Also, as a woman traveling alone, I felt safe everywhere I explored. We women should always be aware of our surroundings and not get ourselves in precarious situations. However, in Oslo and in all of Norway, I never felt the need to go on the defensive. How wonderful!

Comments