Park Inn Airport

haugalandethaugalandet

haugesundhaugesund

Costings

by mccrorj

I have just read the costs of basic items in Oslo and was wondering if they are comparable with Haugesund. Having never travelled in Norway I was keen to visit but a little daunted by the costs suggested for Oslo. I'm looking for cheapish hotel and ideas for food prices, clearly an idea of how much a beer is likely to cost would be appreciated. The last question I had was about transport, can anyone advise me how easy it is to make the journey from the airport to either Haugesund itslef or alternatively to Bergen.

Re: Costings

by SORHUS

the cost of basic items are roughly the same since its the same chain stores there as in oslo
depending on when you are going, the cabins at the camp ground would be cheapest i think, then try out skeisvang gjestegiveri
beer is expensive in norway if you buy it at the pub... sir toby might have cheaper beer then the trendy pubs/bars down at the habour
the airport bus into town would be cheapest, it will take you to the bus station , where you also would find the buses to bergen (about 3 -3,5 hours north of haugesund)
august is a very happening month in haugesund and its hard to find a place to stay... there will also be a lot of concerts both in june and july

Travel Tips for Haugesund

number 3

by SORHUS

today haugesund came in number 3 among 30 cities in norway competing whoes is the flowery town...the competition was called norway in flower

Haugesund

by dln6874

I went to Norway from 12-15 Aug to hang out with a friend who is from Haugesund, which is on the West coast in the fjords. His family owns a cabin there by the sea and a small boat. Fortunately the weather was better there than in Holland (summer is already over here) so we were able to ride around the water on the first day. My friends also did/tried wakeboarding but I had to watch as I did not have a wet suit. What I saw of Norway was really beautiful. I bet there are more beautiful places though, and I've found couple of places I would like to visit next time I am in the country again. One is called the Pulpit and the other is 'Kjeragbolten' - the big rock wedged in between two cliffs (same rock seen in the video of the dancing dude). Both were actually within a few hours of where I was staying! This time around though, we spent too much time drinking and recovering to see much. We did make it to Bergen though on the last full day there. If you ever go there, take the cable car up the highest mountain there for a great view. There are also some trails you can do a bit of walking on (we only did a short one around a lake though).

Sildabyen vest i havet

by mijas2

"Wet and windy all year round"

This is from my hometown.

For info on this town, have a look at:
which is an extraordinary site with thousands of excellent pictures from Haugesund and the surounding area.

Comments