Havneveien , Box 100, Sola, 4098, Norway

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

• Rusket's Profile Photo

A snug hotel in a snug harbour

Why on earth would one stay in a hotel half an hour away from home? A romantic weekend with the one you love would be a very good reason to go to this one. I had a more prosaic reason; I attended a course that was held there. And what a place to attend a course! If you are visiting the Stavanger area and don't mind staying 15 minutes by taxi / 25 minutes by bus from downtown Stavanger, it is the place to be. It is not cheap, but is worth the cost. I regret to say I forgot to bring my camera, I will amend that later. But in the meantime, take a look at their website.

The only reason why I only gave them "very satisfied" is that I spent one night "on top of a party", and they did not handle my complaint to well. They are very professional, though, and I presume they have learned from the incident.

The price is valid for weekdays, weekends are cheaper.

Unique Quality: It is situated on the waterfront in the picturesque Old Tananger Harbour, you can tie your boat to it. The surroundings are beautiful, the atmosphere relaxing. A five minutes walk over the low, but protecting hill behind the hotel takes you to the shore where only a couple of islands lie between you and the open ocean.

Rooms are nice, service is good and it is only 20 minutes by bus from Stavanger Airport Sola. AND the restaurant is excellent!

Directions: By the old harbour