Snillfjord Hotels

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2175

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ven Camping: Campground at Vennastranda, Snillfjord

My house is just nearby...; no need to stay here for me. But I sometimes direct friends and other visitors to this place when my place is full.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average

• Saagar profile photo Saagar
  • Reviews: 2175

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hemnskjel Feriesenter: Complete, small holiday centre

Hemnskjel Feriesenter is more than a pension/guest house as I categorized it.
In fact, they have Snillfjord's only proper - albeit small - conference facilities, 24 double rooms in well-furnished apartments in 3 different log houses, boats for hire, outdoor jacuzzi, mooring facilites for sea-faring visitors.
Self catering possible, restaurant available.
I go here occasionally for food.

One of it's kind in Snillfjord (doesn't take that much, though ;-)) ).
Nice restaurant (see restaurant tip), and an extraordinary proximity to the sea and the Trondheim /coastal shipping lane.
There are some war memorials ( a big fortress) and other culrutal remains nearby.
You can fish in the sea almost out of your window.
They have various activities on offer, most of them sea-related.

I always get sceptical when I hear the name "holiday centre" in Norway. Frequently it seems to be just another suburb, but, misplaced. Like here; I don't like the way they have blown apart the rocks in order to create the mooring and the place itself, and it will take some years before the scars oxidate and moss and lichen will grow over again.
There is amore construction and holiday apartment complexes sprouting up nearby by the same investors, done with little thought for the local environment.
I don't think investors or locals bother much about such aestethic considerations at all.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average