Rich Withs Pl. 2, Tromso, Troms, 9008, Norway

Booking.com www.choice.no Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• alectrevor's Profile Photo

City centre

High standard hotel, in city centre near ferry terminal. Price a little high but Norway is expensive ! Single was 1595 Nor .

More about Tromsø

Aagaard Garden in TromsoeAagaard Garden in Tromsoe

Aagaard Garden in TromsoeAagaard Garden in Tromsoe

Jernbanestasjonin Tromsoe: a nice cafeJernbanestasjonin Tromsoe: a nice cafe

Jernbanestasjonin Tromsoe: a nice cafeJernbanestasjonin Tromsoe: a nice cafe

Budget Accomadation

by cosmichoover

Hi! I'm hoping to visit Tromso for a few days in February, my main intention being to see the Northern Lights. Can anyone recommend any budget accomodation - (around £25 pn ish) as I keep being told everything is very expensive, and I don't have a big budget. I will be alone and without my own transport - is there anywhere great to see the aurora without venturing too far from town? Thanks!

by IndianPacific

http://www.gulesider.no/finn:hospitser%2C+troms8 is a website with hotels and similar in Tromsø, unfortunately in Norwegian. 250 pounds is very little, but some of the small family hotels could have prices near that. Try f.x. No 1 City Living Hotel or No 21 Pensjonat Hotell Nord. All will be able to answer you in English.

by IndianPacific

You should be able to see the aurora if it's freezing temperature, but the street lights of Tromsø may force you out of town to see it.

by KakapoTheParrot

Small Budget and Tromsø are sadly not really compatible. It's a shame because the place is wonderful.

I've only been there in Summer and it never got dark, but it's a relatively small place and it seemed to have good public transport to nearby villages, which would be away from too much lighting. Any of the villages to the east on the 'mainland' or west on Kvaløya should be easy to get to if you have too much man-made lighting in town.

Out of interest, the Planetarium was excellent as I recall.

Travel Tips for Tromsø

Again about houses, grass and the flowers...

by adema29

I hope that somebody will tell me why I love them so much. Let's see some photos and enjoy the shapes and the colours... just three months ago the snow was more than half meter thick. The colour of the grass is an unbelievable green... I have never thought that the grass can be so green.

Avian Encounter

by travelfrosch

We were sitting dockside, enjoying a cola (typical Americans, right?), when a certain member of the local population took a keen interest in us. Sara took out the camera and snapped a few photos. Apparently, this local isn't camera shy.

Tromsdalen - my valley :)

by Loeffle

I guess most wouldn't agree, but somehow Tromsdalen is one of my favourite parts of Tromsø. It's located on the mainland (the butchers for seals and whales work on this side) and linked to the island by a bridge since the 1960's. Theres a cartunnel some km's linking Kroken and the University Area in the North as well.

Tromsdalen is special to me because of Tromsdalen Church (Arctic Cathedral), the "strange" football team Tromsdalen UIL (You lose but you rule bonan!) and some nice memories in the pizzeria up the valled. And of course also because of hiking: Unforgettable the Yulia Bakshanova Tromsdalstind hike, my hike on my second Tromsø day and the trip in midwinter with Sofia, Daniel and Schlampino (?) ...

Tromsdalen didn't have very close links to Tromsø until mid 20th century. Tromsdalen was the place of farmers, fishermen and the Sami popular. You an see this pretty well on old postcards.

Today Tromsdalen is one of the nicest (IMHO) residental areas of Tromsø. There are also some minor shopping centres when coming from the South. If you come by car to Tromsø from the mainland you will always pass through Tromsdalen ... I passed it also when I left Tromsø by bus to Finland in July 2001.

take the funicular to the view...

by DanielF

take the funicular to the view point and enjoy the city's beautiful location. This quite town has a special way of living, due to its high latitude. This is one of these places where you feel you are at the top of the world.

You must go to 'Skarven' and...

by virrivonkis

You must go to 'Skarven' and have a taste of our local bear (Mack). The best time is in the summer when we have midnight sun, then it is great to sit out in the middle of the night and enjoy your bear and the sun.

Comments