Rica Dyreparken Hotel Kristiansand

More about Kristiansand

Kardemomme ByKardemomme By

Beach 1Beach 1

Master Cat at the terminal in HanstholmMaster Cat at the terminal in Hanstholm

Hop onboard for a quick trip to DenmarkHop onboard for a quick trip to Denmark

Bus route from Oslo torp to Kristiansand

by NMatt23

Hi,
My Dad will be landing in Oslo torp to visit us here in Kristiansand. I have seen that there is a bus from Fokserød which seems relatively close to the Torp airport. Does anybody know where I can find a bus schedule for this service....in English?
Many thanks!!

Re: Bus route from Oslo torp to Kristiansand

by FletteMette

Re: Bus route from Oslo torp to Kristiansand

by SailorRoar

Hi

There are 3 bus companies that runs express buses from Oslo to Kristiansand.

Sørlandsskspressen: (no booking needed)
Timetable in English

Konkurrenten: (no booking needed)
Timetable in Norwegian

Lavprisekspressen (second link from the bottom, requires booking online)
Timetable in Norwegian

Travel Tips for Kristiansand

Coffee and a Cigarette

by hailsbails

The Cafe scene is rather big in Kristiansand. At least all the girls i knew always were at a Cafe, saying come meet me here, or there and so on! And im talking everyday. It was custom to go have a hot chocolate or coffee and enjoy a cigarette together, and talk about the latest news! So if you get a circle of friends here, dont be surprised if you are trying every hot chocolate at every single cafe in Kristiansand! I miss going to meet my darling girls for a smoke and drink. It was really a relaxing feeling, to be slouching back in a chair or couch, reading a book, having a smoke, talking rubbish! It was fun, and i definately miss it! This is just one of the fondest memories!

The tragedy in Baneheia

by Hildeal

Kristiansand is a small place where the innhabitans feels related to eachother.
In 2000 a terrible incident happened in Baneheia, a small place in Kristiansand. To girls,8 and 10 years old were found raped and killed inside the wood of baneheia. The day the girls were burried was an official murning day for the Kristiansand people, and the city stood absolutely still for several hours in respect for the little girls.

The murders were sent to prison for 19 and 21 years.

I think this tragedy always will affect the people living there. Especially when the murders get permission from the jail. The people of Kristiansand don't want to see them again.

The mother of one of the girls Stine Sofie is the founder of a foundiaton to secure the kids safety aginst sexual abuse

This painting was made 30 years before the tragedy of Baneheia, but I cant associate anything else than tragedy when I look at the painting.

Start Kristiansand

by Synch_X

Start has for the last two years been down in the 1st division, but after a very dramatic qualifying match against Strømsgodset they reached the premier divison.
Kristiansand Stadium has one stand and two terraces. The main stand has a capacity of around 4,000 seats, the terrace at the opposite side has a capacity of around 7,000 spectators. The third one (on one of the ends) isn't acually a proper terrace, but can be used when higher capacity is needed.

There is plans to build a new stadium in Kristiansand, or at least rebuild the old one. In both cases the stadium will be a football ground without an athletics track around it, and with a capacity of around 12-15,000 seats. None, just bring yourself and your friends.

Kristiansand - Weekendtrip to South Norway

by Mumin

"1st visit"

One day a good friend asked me if I would join him to spend the next weekend which was the Pentecost weekend with him in Norway. He told me he found a cheap ferry link from Denmark to Kristiansand and so we started planning the trip. We finally decided to leave the car at the terminal in Denmark and to take with us a tent and other stuff for going camping. We arrived in Kristiansand at 09.30 in the evening and we absolutely didn't have a clue where we could set up the tent for the first night. After one hour of walking we found a place to spend the night. Due to the northern position is was still sunny, fortunately. The second day we went to the hinterland and spent two days at a very beautiful lake on a hill. Sunday afternoon we decided to go back to the city to find a place to camp near the ferry terminal. After going shopping we finally ended up at the place we spent the first night.

"2nd visit"

will be arround Ascension Day this year

Kristiansand - our gateway to England

by evert_n

"An afternoon in Kristiansand"

We drove to Kristiansand from Kragerý where we spent the night. We had our tickets booked for the ferry from Kristiansand to Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in England, that was the only reason to visit Norway.. What an EXPENSIVE country! Even for us coming from Finland which is expensive for most foreigners. I sent the probably most expensive postcards of my life from Kristiansand, with the stamp one card to Europe cost about 1,60 ý - for example in Poland a card with a stamp costs under 1 ý. We drank something (expensive) in one of the city centre cafes, and I bought a Norwegian flag for me from a bookshop. It was quite small and with a stick. There were large "real" flags available in the hardware store - but the prices were crazy (talk in hundreds..)

Comments