Norlandia Grand Ocean Hotell

AasgaardstrandAasgaardstrand

Pittoresque view of HortenPittoresque view of Horten

Norwegian Jazz

by Todd64

I know this is a longshot, but does anybody know of a Jazz club just South of Oslo in Horten called "The Lace", and if so do they have a web presence?

I've hunted and hunted, all to no avail. Any help on this would b muchly appreciated.

Takk.

Todd. :o)

Re: Norwegian Jazz

by mccalpin

I have found several references to a place or places called "Lace" in Horten on the Web. I don't know if this means more than one place, or if the "jazzclub" is really a moving collection of people who meet at different venues.

See http://www.lace.no/ - website for Lace restaurant in Horten

http://www.hjc.no/klubbsider.html - this is a website for a "jazzclub" that lists a number of activities at a variety of places (including one gig at Lace). This particular page contains the email addresses for the club's officers, some of whom surely speak English.

See http://www.dagsavisen.no/innenriks/apor/2002/06/664489.shtml
this is a newspaper story (in Norwegian, I assume) about Lace being evacuated with 14 people sent to the hospital (sykehus, which I take to mean "sickhouse" or hospital).

Oh, well, if you don't get a better reply from another VTer, try emailing the officers of the jazzclub; they'll surely know what you are talking about...

Bill

Re: Re: Norwegian Jazz

by Todd64

Wow, thanx Bill,...this is great.

I did see the site for the Restaurant, but I don't think this is the place I'm looking for, so I'll definately look at the others you've provided.

I appreciate your help, thanx again and if anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear from you as well.

Todd. :o)

Re: Norwegian Jazz

by iver

hey,, i live some few kilometers from horten,,,,,,, is LACE the name on the place for sure?? i looked in phonebooks but couldn't locate any jazzclubs or similar by that name,,,, maybe they have changed name???? ( not too uncommon here:(.. )

Re: Re: Norwegian Jazz

Hei Lars!

I think it's the name. Beady Belle; a really GREAT Norwegian Jazz/funk combo are apparantly playing there on the 17th of October.

If you like that sort of music I'd definately suggest you try to make it up there for it. I saw them live here in the summer and they blew me away.

Thanx for your help!

Todd.

Travel Tips for Horten

Horten a nice and small city

by tomerik

Horten is a small norwegian city of approx. 22000 inhabitants. Located by the Oslo-fjord 1 hour from Norways capital, Oslo.

Most famous for the Aasgaardstrand district home to the famous norwegian painter Edvard Munch.

Horten has a nice harbour for those interested in boats. There are also several beaches in the summer. The city center is small with a short distance to everything you need.

I'm not originially from Horten so I do not have a lot of information about the city.
There are a couple of restaurants and some bars and nightclubs. The best thing about Horten is the short distance to other cities.

"Aasgaardstrand"

Very nice village outside Horten. Famous for Edvard Munch who stayed there most of his life. This place is really worth visiting.

Comments