Agroturismo Pod Sosnami

Good For No Data

More about Kazimierz Dolny

my dishmy dish

Pension MonikaPension Monika

The castle in the distanceThe castle in the distance

Three Crosses HillThree Crosses Hill

Travel Tips for Kazimierz Dolny

The art & design of heaters ~ 2003

by Pawtuxet

Here the cat finds a wonderful warm spot to cuddle by the stove....used to heat the tea room. Guess the cat is the resident mascot. The young woman who worked at the counter would occasionally feed wood into the stove to keep the building cozy.
I was taken with these stoves and other heaters which I observed in a number of stops we made. I will accumulate all my photos of them in a travelogue, because I think they are so interesting. The US didn't have such attractive wood stoves. Some of these are enamelled and some are a very durable type of tile.

Weather

by aysun

If you live in a country which has not and sunny summers, you can not be accustomed the idea of rainy and cold summer.
The weather becomes you like spring.But ýf you feel suffocated because of the hot, you feel good!
It's like a clima...

Lovely streets, amazing galleries...

by gosiaPL

I love this little cobbled street (Klasztorna St.) that took me from my guest house straight to the market, ain't it cute?
There are more like this one, real treasures, and make sure you peep into all of them - you never know what you'll find round the corner...

Well, on the second thought, correction: you can be sure you'll find one of the many art galleries that Kazimierz Dolny is known for. I really enjoyed poking around among paintings, sculptures, ornamented lamps, hand-painted cups or the piles of charmingly useless objects! ;-)

Religious reminder ~2003

by Pawtuxet

There are constant reminders of Catholicism throughout Poland. In this little village one can often see a priest rushing off to one of his duties...or a few nuns on their way to decorate a grave at the cemetary. Churches, shrines, holy days. All far more prevelant than what I am accustomed to. This is not a criticism...only an observation which I find fascinating.

Relaxing at 3 Krakowska St.

by gosiaPL

I loved sitting in this porch!
Because I spent 4 days in the town, I could be pretty relaxed about how I use my time there, having seen all the landmarks and a few galleries... The porch is a great place to have your morning coffee or breakfast, or sip a drink in the evening.

If the owner is around, he'll join you to tell you a few funny stories :-) I got a kick out of his story about the old table in the picture - me and my friend were sipping brandy there when he told us that partisans in WW2 distilled moonshine on this very same table! :-D

Comments