86 Pulawska Street, Kazimierz Dolny, 24-120, Poland
Booking.com Travelocity Priceline.com

More about Kazimierz Dolny

Bar WerandaBar Weranda

Twin RoomTwin Room

View of the church from the Market SquareView of the church from the Market Square

Views from Three Crosses HillViews from Three Crosses Hill

Travel Tips for Kazimierz Dolny

Trips around Kazimierz

by gale.blog.pl

Kazimierz itself is a nice place but it tends to be busy especially in tourist season.

Should you feel tired of the visiting crowds please consider taking a walk through rural areas surrounding Kazimierz. Admire the typically Polish countryside and the quiet atmosphere.

Wooden houses

by matcrazy1

There are many wooden houses, with a traditional wood tile roof in Kazimierz Dolny.
This one on the picture is located in the second market and houses a souvenir shop.
MORE: in my Off The Beaten Path Tips. Wooden houses.

Local artist's work ~2003

by Pawtuxet

I wish I could have gotten there when the artists were around. Thought I would see their work in some of the stores, but mostly soulvenirs and of course, some of the nice pottery. So....I bought artist post cards to get a little sampling. This one is by Stefan Giemza. His colors are wonderful. Think this is the street where we stayed ...
PLEASE check my travelogue for more artist's views............

I just love these old houses!

by gosiaPL

Keep your eyes open for the simple beauty in Kazimierz Dolny. You'll miss out a lot if you limit your tour to just the square, the castle and the grand architecture! ( check the Twin-Houses and the Celej House in my 'Must Sees')

I've learnt my lesson... Having covered the best known sites during my first visit, I was able to discover a lot more when I returned two months later. I recommend you do both at one visit :-) The good thing is that these houses are rather small so you don't have to walk & stare upward like you do in Cracow!

This house is in Lubelska St. - turn into the eastern corner of the square and within 1 minute you'll see it on your right.

Museum

by matcrazy1

Visit the Museum called Nadwislanskie Museum located near the main square.
The museum owns over 19,000 items, including fine arts and crafts, historical pieces, ethnographic material and natural specimens.
MORE: in my Must See Activities tips.

Comments