Villa Julia

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kazimierz Dolny

Kazimierz DolnyKazimierz Dolny

View of the church from the castleView of the church from the castle

The Market Square from Three Crosses HillThe Market Square from Three Crosses Hill

Views from the WatchtowerViews from the Watchtower

Travel Tips for Kazimierz Dolny

View of the Town from the castle

by Rawicz

The town of Kazimierz Dolny, situated on the Lublin plateau, lies on the right bank of the river Vistula on its way to the Baltic. The Kazimierz Dolny community includes the town and 14 Districts. The number of inhabitants is in the region of 7300, of whom 2300 reside in the town. The total community is spread over 72.5 sq. km and the town itself covers 30.4 sq.km. Becouse of its attractive position, its rich history, its picturesque medieval houses, wonderful architecture and kind climate, Kazimierz is known not only in Poland but also abroad as a sought after tourist center where guests can relax and enjoy their holidays. To serve them there are a number of hotels, boarding houses and restaurants.

The Market Square (Rynek)

by matcrazy1

The Market Square (Rynek) is the most lively part ot the town.
There is the wooden well, a well known feature of Kazimierz Dolny that many people photograph themselves.
You can see the Parish Church on the small hill on the background on the picture.
MORE: in my Must See Activities tips.

Garlic ~ 2003

by Pawtuxet

Some of the silliest things fascinate me when I travel. I came upon this man selling strings of garlic, onions, and rose hips with evergreen sprigs twisted through the string. It was such a colorful way to hang garlic in your kitchen that I couldn't resist tucking one in my suitcase. Our garlic is usually twisted into a rope consisting of just plain garlic and not nearly as pretty as these. OK...so I'm a little strange.

Internet cafe amongst old houses

by gosiaPL

Surrounded by old houses in this neat little town, you're not cut off from the world :-)
I took the picture of this lovely house just a few minutes after I left the internet cafe. I was staring at the houses around me and I did not even think of taking a photo of the cafe's sign... Well, it is in the white house to the right, and I hope you can see the wooden sign hanging beneath the roof..?
I hate the road sign in the picture, but really, I could not dig the damn thing out no matter how hard I tried! ;-)

Internet access fee is peanuts: 2 zl ($0.50) for half an hour and there's no limit on time.
Direction: it is in Lubelska St. - turn into the eastern corner of the square and within 1 minute you'll see it on your right, next to the other lovely old house that I mentioned in my 'General' tips.

Knights in the market square

by gosiaPL

This is a common scene in the heart of Kazimierz Dolny on weekends when there are crowds of tourists. Sooner or later two guys would appear in knight's costumes and they would improvise a sword fight.

Sure they expect you to spare them some change for this little entertainment :-)

Comments