Ulica Krasickiego 10, Tychy, 43-100, Poland

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Leipzig's Profile Photo

Hotel Tychy

Unique Quality: The only thing I know is the lounge and the bar here. I had several beers, Tyskie beer, the local brand of course. One beer cost 3 Zloty, whcih is slight above the average - but hey, it's a hotel.

As far as I know a single room costs 150 Zloty each night.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Hotel in the center of Tychy

Hotel Tychy is located in the cemter of the city. Guarded (paid) parking, restaurand and bar available.
    It seems that this hotel WAS quite good many years ago. Now looks a little out of fashion and a little neglected. His former owner rather didn't care of the hotel. Now the city ownes the hotel and maybe in few years it will be the best hotel in a city.
    But I can't recommend it now.

Unique Quality: Prices per person per night:
    1. Double room - 90 PLN,
    2. Triple room - 70 PLN,
    3. Single room, no bathroom - 85 PLN.
    Full board - 80 PLN.
    Hmm... too expensive at this quality in my opinion.

Directions: In the center of new Tychy

More about Hotel Tychy

by Leipzig about Hotel Tychy

Actually, Matt and I wanted to meet at the station but I have no clue what "Station" means in Polish. After driving around for a while I found the street where Urszula and Matt live. Here was also located the "Hotel Tychy". The receptionist was very helpful, helped me to get a telephone card and showed me the building where Matt lives. The only thing I know is the lounge and the bar here. I had several beers, Tyskie beer, the local brand of course. One beer cost 3 Zloty, whcih is slight above the average - but hey, it's a hotel.

As far as I know a single room costs 150 Zloty each night.

Hotel in the center of Tychy

by matcrazy1 about Hotel Tychy

But I can't recommend it now. Prices per person per night:
1. Double room - 90 PLN,
2. Triple room - 70 PLN,
3. Single room, no bathroom - 85 PLN.
Full board - 80 PLN.
Hmm... too expensive at this quality in my opinion.

General information

by matcrazy1 about Accommodations in Tychy

There are 7 hotels in Tychy. The other possibilties:
1. simple bungalows at the bank of Paprocany Lake in Paprocany district,
2. luxury, one of the best in Poland: Hotel Noma Residence located in Promnice Hunting Manor in the forest at the bank of Paprocany Lake, a few kilometers from Tychy center (access by car/taxi),
3. pick up a tent at the bank of Paprocany Lake. Standart of hotels is various:
1. Luxury - Hotel Noma Residence
2. Medium - Hotel Daria, Hotel Tychy, Hotel Corona, Motel Metro
3. Low - Hotel Stara Poczta, Hotel sportowy (plywalnia), Hotel Prima.

Prices (except Hotel Noma Residence) are low or reasonable: almost always below 20US$ per person in double room.

Prices in PLN (Polish zloty):
100 USD=412 zl
100 Euro=409 zl
100 GBP=642 zl
100 CHF=278 zl

Meeting the locals

by Leipzig

My intention for the visit was a meeting with Maciek aka Matt, or even better known as matcrazy1, and his wife Urszula.
We met at the hotel Tychy for a beer and went to a nice restaurant. After an excellent dish we went to their flat where Matt showed me his little amount of photos. I can't believe someone can take so many pictures. On his trip to the US he took four times more photos then me in my whole life. Now you know why he calls himself "matcrazy" :-D
It was a fantastic evening and I hope to return in the very near future for a longer time to get to know both better.

Hotel TYCHYHotel TYCHY

Hotel TychyHotel Tychy

ALONG  JOHN  PAUL  II  AVE.ALONG JOHN PAUL II AVE.

OFF  THE BEATEN PATHOFF THE BEATEN PATH

Travel Tips for Tychy

St. Maksymilian Kolbe Church

by matcrazy1

Look at St. Maksymilian Kolbe Church at night - it's a roman catholic church. It looks interesting either from the outside and inside. I think that the best examples of modern architecture in Tychy are just its newest churches. Add one bank building (PKO) now.

As always: don't forget to go inside - interior, modern design is unique.

Comments