Aparthouse

More about Wroclaw

Rynek - WroclawRynek - Wroclaw

The Meeting Point - WraclowThe Meeting Point - Wraclow

Gillybob, Wroclawiak and SuvankiGillybob, Wroclawiak and Suvanki

garden facade of the canons' housegarden facade of the canons' house

Looking for people to hang out with

by hammer_reality

Hi, I'm a 21 year old student from Sydney, Australia. In Wroclaw for a few more months. I don't really do anything here at the moment...just kind of 'finding myself'. Not as glamorous as it sounds, books lie. I don't know many people here at all. I'd love to meet travellers around my age for drinks and things like that. Drop a reply, if you'd like to get together. :)

Sarah

by bobsreturn2004

Hi Sarah,

Why dont you book yourself into a hostel,always a good place to meet people.

RE: RE: Looking for people to hang out with

by hammer_reality

I rent.

RE: RE: Looking for people to hang out with

by bobsreturn2004

ah,have you gone to any bars??

by nuim

hi, i emailed you about this!

by nykevins

Hey Sarah...

My wife and I will be travelling to Wroclaw on 10/13 and 10/14.. We will only be staying one night but would love to hang out...Just drop me an e-mail and let me know where/when you would be able to meet..

We are from the US...

-Kevin

by houston13

Sarah,

For how long will you be in Wroclaw? I am planning on being there myself during the first week of December for few days.

By the way I am from Houston, Texas.

Have a nice weekend,

Chris

by taziii

Hello, I have lived in Wroclaw for a long time and I am going to stay here to the end of February 2007. During weekends I have much free time so I feel like meeting new people from all over the world and show them Wroclaw so don't hesitate and email me if you intend to visit such a nice place like Wroclaw. Best regards:-) taziii @ wp . pl

by shaolinmonk

I would suggest you to try joining hospitality club or couchsurfing sites, where you can meet up with travellers and host them if you choose to. I have met many interesting travellers from that site and its much more fun.

I live in wroclaw but not exactly your age group. However would be fun to meet up with someone for a 'english' chat.

Travel Tips for Wroclaw

Butterfly

by Mikebond

The area near the botanical garden is very green and one enjoys walking there, where you can have unexpected - and unwanted - meetings, such as the one my mother had with this nice butterfly. It alighted on the back of her neck and stayed there quite a long time. Maybe it found my mum's neck warm or wanted to be photographed. Who knows?

Polish cuisine

by HORSCHECK

When travelling around Poland you will notice some typical Polish meals. There are both popular national dishes and typical regional dishes.

Probably the most famous national-dish is Bigos which doesn't have a standard recipe, but roughly speaking is a stew of sauerkraut and meat. It has to simmer for a few days.

Another dish which is well known all over Poland are Pierogi. They are warm semi-circular dumplings traditionally filled with meat, cabbage or cheese. Other fillings are are possible as well.

A typical regional dish for Lower Silesia (Wroclaw) are Silesian dumplings - kluski slaskie. They are little round shaped potato dumplings served with gravy, often served as a side dish to Goulash or any other piece of meat.

Legnica...

by coceng

If you are in Wroclaw, please find a day to go to Legnica. it's a beautiful town about 1 hour train ride from Wroclaw.
I missed my train to Berlin from Wroclaw..but I managed to get another train to Berlin from Legnica instead. My friend Adan, he's from Legnica. So, that's an added bonus if you know a local friend who could take you to his hometown, which to me is one of the best (non-touristy) places that I have been to in Poland !MY LEGNICA PAGE

ICE-CREAM

by evona about Barton bis

This is a little cafe with ice cream. They have very good choise. There are too ice-cream for the diabethics, and too whibout cholesterine and whibout milk. Very good are the black currant, vanilla, citrone, chocko and many more. Ice-cream :) one portion (small ball) - 1,80 zl

I think the best and cheapest...

by Franek

I think the best and cheapest way is to take a train. Cabs are expensive and if they feel you are an outsider, which they will, you will find yourself without any cash soon.
Either city bus or go train. If you have a good bicycle make sure you have a good lock.

Comments