Hotel Gem

SpiochSpioch

Corpus Christi church, side chapelCorpus Christi church, side chapel

Train from Wroclaw to Budapest

by cvn4691

We (2 persons) will be staying in Wroclaw from May 19-23 and going from Wroclaw to Budapest on the evening of May 23, 2008. Please let me know whether I need to reserve for train tickets now or I can just buy the ticket on in Wroclaw. If I need to buy them in advance, please let me know the website where I can buy. Thanks.

by leics

Same answer as for Budapest. Absolutely no need to reserve online beforehand, but if you are worried about availability just pop in when you arrive at Wroclaw and buy tickets then.

is a very good site for finding European train times/routes. If you want to find fares you will have to check the individual country's website. For Poland:

www.polrail.com

by cvn4691

Thanks so much for all your replies. We want to take a night train from Wroclaw to Budapest on the evening of May 23. Please advise me of 1) whether there is nigh train leaving Wroclaw for Budapest or we need to go to another city in order to go to Budapest, 2) how we can make the reservation for a double sleeper and how long in advance we should make the reservation, and 3(if you know) the total price for a double sleeper. Thanks.

by leics

See the replies here:

Travel Tips for Wroclaw

Da Fountain

by Amalthea

Wroclaw fontain on the Market Square (rynek) is a controversial issue. It is loved by some, hated by the others. It does it's job tough, there are many people gathering around it and it's one of the favourite's Wroclaw meeting places (along with the Fredra monument and the Pregierz) It is adorable at night and it's surely wonderful even tough it's style does not correspond with the overall Rynek architecture. I miss the Market Square, the street artists, I miss my street and the trees I see in front of my window, I miss Biedronka shop and the bazaar nearby, the dorms and the great parties at AE. Komandorska street rulez!

The Rest Of My Photos Around Wroclaw...

by coceng

These are the rest of the photos taken by me in Wroclaw. Accompanied by a friend, we went to this amazingly beautiful city in The Lower Silesia.
This city lieson the Odra River; The 4th Poland's largest city.

I glanced upwards & snapped this photo ! Amazingly beautiful arches roof !

East joins West in Wroclaw

by marishabandb

After WWII many Poles from Lvov and other eastern regions were re-settled in Wroclaw, as their homelands were incorporated into the Soviet Union. As a result, Wroclaw has adopted many of the cultural traditions that characterised pre-war Polish Lvov.

Wroclaw has five drama theatres and a famous pantomime theatre, a symphony, opera and operetta, and a feature film studio that exerts a determining influence on Polish cinema today.

a typical summer scenery..

by Toja

Poland is famous for its storks and other wild creatures. You cannot find a country in Europe which is more liked by these interesting birds. Well.. easy to guess why, of course they are all Poles ;-) (kidding) The real truth is rather sad for the birds.. they need dump meadows and swamps with frogs or unfertilized ground with mice and there are not many such places in todays Europe..
Actually, I've heard Poland is famous for the nice and a bit wild landscapes.. where not everything is planned with a scale and weeds are in the places where they belong to.. I guess it was a compliment..

Wroclaw Glowny

by drmorf

I took the train from Praha HlavnĂ­ NadrazĂ­ to Wroclaw Glowny. The cost for a round trip ticket was about $30.00. The ride was about 6 hours each way. Wroclaw Glowny is within easy walking distance of the the major sights in Wroclaw.
Wroclaw Glowny was a little scary at night. There were some interesting "characters" hanging in and around the station. Beware of your belongs and surroundings.

Comments