Mercure Unia

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Lublin

New Town HallNew Town Hall

Lublin Tourist Information OfficeLublin Tourist Information Office

Crown Tribunal and Trinitarian Tower by nightCrown Tribunal and Trinitarian Tower by night

Lithuanian Square: Hotel EuropaLithuanian Square: Hotel Europa

Bead Shops in Lublin

by camarran

My hobby is making bracelets, earrings etc using beads. I will be visiting Lublin soon and would be interested to hear of any bead shops or craft shops in the area.

Re: Bead Shops in Lublin

by sihi

Hi!
As I found in internet there must be some shops in Lublin.
Forexample Cepelia on street Krakowskie Przedmieście 22.

Re: Bead Shops in Lublin

by blawatek

I'm not very interested in beads ;) but I've made a small research in interent and I found ...nothing in Lublin. As far as I know from my female friends all this accesories are often bought via internet (like e-bay or Polish allegro.pl). Anyway if You want to buy some beads in a "real life" look for a shops called in Polish "Pasmanteria". For sure they are also in Lublin!
Greetings
Blawatek

Travel Tips for Lublin

Lublin by night

by HORSCHECK

Many of Lublin's main sights are beautifully illuminated at night. Among them are of course many buildings in the old town area, such as the Crown Tribunal and the Trinitarian Tower.

One night when we walked across the market square there was even someone testing different light patterns on the facade of the Crown Tribunal.

From the square Plac Po Farze a scenic view of the illuminated castle can be enjoyed.

Tenements at the old town market square

by HORSCHECK

The old town market square (Rynek) has a seize of 62 x 72 m and in its middle stands the neoclassical Crown Tribunal. Please read my "Things to do tips" for more info about the Crown Tribunal.

It is surrounded by fine burgher houses:

The building at Rynek 12 is the so called Konopnic Tenement whose Renaissance facade is from the early 16th century. Both Charles XII of Sweden and Peter the Great were guests here.

At the address Rynek 6 the Chociszewska Tenement with its late Gothic window frames can be found. The history of the building dates back to the 16th century.

Other well worth seeing buildings include the Klonowica Tenement from the 16th century at Rynek 2, the building at number 11, which once belonged to the Franciscan order and the Wieniawskich Tenement at Rynek 17, which now houses the restaurant Gospoda Sielsko Anielsko.

The Devil's Claw

by gosiaPL

I got a kick out of looking at the famous Devil's Claw mark on the Old Tribunal's table exibited on the Lublin's museum groundfloor!

Apparently, once there was a poor widow who was unjustly sentenced by the corrupted Tribunal to pay a high compensation fee to a rich magnate. On hearing the sentence she cried: "If I were tried by devils, I would have been given a fair sentence!". The devil heard her: he came at night, made the judges change the sentence, and left his claw stamp on the Tribunals table...
True or not, the 1637 Lublin Chronicle has the whole story!

This picture is actually a fragment of a postcard with the story on it as well. The claw is covered with glass so using flash would be no good; non-flash photo would be too dark as the table itself is quite dark.

Rough Guide to Poland

by HORSCHECK

Although I have already been to Poland quite a few times before this two weeks trip through south eastern Poland, I felt the need to buy a good guide book.

Most of the places which we visited on thisr trip (May 2010) were not covered by any of the In Your Pocket guides, which are usually my prefered guide books when travelling through Eastern Europe.

So I finally decided to get myself "The Rough Guide to Poland - 7th edition". It includes about 40 pages about Lublin and the surounding region. I found the guide quite handy for this trip as it offered many practical tips for independent travels.

Rough Guides: http://www.roughguides.com/

Majdanek Concentration Camp

by evert_n

I don't think everyone goes here.. nor know there's a camp in the middle of the city. We were travelling by our own car and finally found it. You can access it with a trolley car too, but going by your own car is easiest. You can park your car very close to the camp fence and the gate.

Sure was an interesting place to visit, especially for me who's interested in WWII.

See my Majdanek page for more information.

Comments