AAE Okna Attic Krakow City Centre

johngayton's Profile Photo

A Hostel With Private Rooms

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 3, 2010

For Euromeet 2010 I reckoned there's be a few late nights and so decided to book somewhere more central than my previous trips but was still being a cheapskate and so this place suited my criteria.

Yep there were certainly the expected late nights and whilst I could walk into the city centre from the location of this place in about 15 minutes getting back often took just a little longer - well I did have to attempt to pass several late bars en route - HIC!

As the name might suggest this hostel is located in an attic, on the fifth floor of one of Kazimerz's classic characterful tenement buildings. There are a couple of dorms and three private rooms, two of which share facilities whilst the third is ensuite.

Unique Quality: For cheap accommodation this place almost makes the grade. My ensuite room was spacious with a double bed, comfortable armchair, reasonable work space and great views over the city and Wawel Castle. Staff were friendly and helpful (when I actually saw any of them) and the use of a shared kitchen with freebie tea, coffee and mineral water was a bonus, as too was the use of the washing machine.

Not so good though were the bedbugs! It was only after I'd gotten home that the niggly itches I'd thought nothing of became full-blown irritants and thew only thing I can put them down to is either bedbugs or fleas.

Also not so good was the patchy internet connection - it worked fine all weekend when I was out all the time but on deciding to have a couple of quiet days on the Monday and Tuesday that became as much of an irritant as the bites are now.

On balance I don't think I'd recommend this one to anyone and certainly won't stay here again.

Directions: On the outskirts of Kazimerz, down by the river and within a couple of minutes walk from Wawel Castle.

Nearby AAE Okna Attic Krakow City Centre

5 Photos of AAE Okna Attic Krakow City Centre

Krakow Travel Forum

Need advice about Krakow, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Krakow and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Krakow hotel reviews