Agava Guest Rooms & Apartments

Booking.com Expedia.com Hostelworld.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Krakow

Synagogue, Krakow, PLSynagogue, Krakow, PL

Pope John Paul II statue.Pope John Paul II statue.

Russian album inspired by Led Zeppelin IVRussian album inspired by Led Zeppelin IV

In the hire car at Krakow AirportIn the hire car at Krakow Airport

bus or train to krakow from Katowice

by jehoen

Hello,
15 June (sunday) i arrive at Katowice at 17.30. I can take the bus (from wizz air) to Krakow and it will take me there in 2 hours. Is there a faster possibility (and cheap!) I was thinking about taking the train. Is there a train leaving from Katowice airport to Krakow, or do i have to go to the trainstation first?
What would you recommend me to do, take the (mini)bus, train or the normal bus (What is the fastest and cheapest way to do)?
We booked a hostel, close to the trainstation in Kakow.

And then we like to go out to a disco at Krakow.What is a good place to go (i don't want to go to a disco where all English or foreign people come). Where do the Krakow people go out?

Thanks a lot,
Jeroen from Holland

Re: bus or train to krakow from Katowice

by doug48

i would take the train. it is a direct line with no changes. visit http://www.bahn.de for times. i assume you will have to take a taxi from the airport to the train station but taxis in poland are not expensive. enjoy your visit krakow is a beautiful town.

Travel Tips for Krakow

Telephone

by al_mary

We found that when you use the
public telephone, you must have a
phone card, because the phones
do not accept money.

All post offices sell them, and we also
were told that newspaper kiosks also
sold them.

The phone system (calls) are very cheap
compared to what we pay here in the USA.

Sukiennice

by johnsakura

The Cloth Hall
For many centuries The Market Square was a large trading center and was covered with the network of stalls creating something like a trading village. The Cloth Hall - a large set of stalls was founded in the 13th century. Destroyed by fire it was rebuild in the Renaissance style. In the old times the cloth was sold in the hall on the ground floor, while various goods were offered on the floor above. Now you can buy souvenirs from Krakow, works of Polish artists, leather goods, silver jewelery and folk hadikrafts. The upper floor houses the Gallery of Polish 19th Century Art.

Legends: Trumpetcall

by Skeptic-jr

The second legend about St. Mary's Church is at the same time an explication why the melody of the Krakow's trumpetcall breaks.

The trumpetcall is played from St. Mary's Church's higher tower in directions of four world's sides. It sounds every hour in the day (the signal played in the noon is broadcasted live by 1st program of Polish national radio). But it always suddenly stopped at the same part of its melody. The reason for it is the legend linked to the Tatars' invasion, when an archer supposedly stabbed an arrow in the trumpeter's throat.

Today the trupetcall is played by firemen but fortunately nobody shoots arrows.

Traveling to Krakow at the end of May

by Dabs

I don't suppose it's always as wet as it was when we visited but we definitely made use of raincoats as it rained on and off the whole time we were there.

Most of the restaurants we ate at were lower budget to mid budget, we were fine wearing casual clothes (jeans, khaki pants, polo type shirts). I needed long sleeved shirts on several of the days but only used my fleece pullover one night and even then I probably didn't need it

Good walking shoes, much of the old city is on uneven ground Our mid range hotel only had soap and shampoo, if you need anything else you'll want to bring it along To recharge my camera battery, I needed the charger and a 2 prong adapter for Europe, I did not need a converter . Check the electrical item you will be plugging in, if it says the voltage rating is 100V-240V or something like that then it is dual voltage and you don't need a converter. ATM cards and credit cards are widely accepted

I had the Rough Guide to Poland and Fodor's Poland, I think Rough Guide gives a lot more information, Fodor's is sort of dumbed down. I also really liked the Eyewitness Guide to Poland but it's too heavy to lug around, since my copy is 7-8 years old, I tore out the relevant pages and brought them with

Take a walk on the wild side :)

by kolabor

Just 15 minutes from the centre (taking 152 / 192 buses) you'll find the Decjusz Park, a few kilometres before the zoo and very close to the Decjusz's Residence. The park is beautiful, very green in spring, very yellow and red in autumn and gives the shade needed during hot summer days.

Comments