Alexander Hotel

NEAR RAILWAY STATION

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 10, 2010

Thursday, June 3, 2010
Returning from the train trip from Lviv, I thought it best to get a Hotel near the Train Station, so I checked booking.com and booked the ALEXANDER II.
Sarah(Toonsarah) and David (DavidGB) also booked there. It was certainly a great location, just a few minutes walk from the train station. It was a little noisy from the trains, but we are used to it, as a train runs also at the back of our house in Canada.
The reception was friendly and she spoke good English. There was a lift to our room, which was quite adequate with a shower stall, hairdryer, TV, telephone, internet access.
Breakfast Buffet included in the price and served in the Hotel Restaurant - coffee, tea, breads, jams, honey, cheeses, meats, boiled eggs, yogourt, apples, cereal, etc. Very good and hearty breakfast. Our booking.com price was 260 zl

Directions: From train station go left through the square - walk over the bridge - look for Radzewillowska Street. Turn left onto Zamenhofa - it's at the end of the street on the left.

merlinsboy's Profile Photo

Convenient and Clean

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 7, 2006

This was a reletively inexpensive hotel which was clean and tidy, did a good breakfast and was conveniently located for the main attractions and the pick up points for coach trips.
Church bell across the road was only drawback!

bankowskiboy's Profile Photo

nice clean hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 30, 2005

saying as there were 10 of us on the trip,the hotel was just a base for me and my wife,as all the others were in apartments.so we only slept in the hotel.all rooms have a mini bar,tv,hairdryer,phone to reception.the hotel is situated in a good spot.only a short walk to the main square.

Unique Quality: nice clean friendly hotel.

Directions: within easy walking distance to the main square.

Wonderful room

by written on May 14, 2005

The room looked very, very new. Of course everything was very clean. There were to twin beds.

My room was located on the rear side of the building, like this very quiet.

A nice bathroom with toilet, shower and hair dryer (not that I need that, but it was there)

A mini bar filled with drinks and salty snacks.

But as I am used to sleep in a very dark room (with roll-down shutters), here this room had only light curtains, so I was awake very early every day. But like this I had long days in order to discover Krakow.

Unique Quality: The best hotel I stayed in during my Poland trip.

A great place to sleep

by written on May 14, 2005

I had made my booking of the Hotel Alexander done via the website www.HotelsPoland.com. And also the hotel was paid in advance via this website, like this it was not necessary to take extra money to pay the hotel.

The price for this hotel was 63 US$ per night (breakfast included) - and with the special action (see previous tip) I had to pay 3 x 63 = 189 US$. (= 146 Euro)

I had chosen this hotel for its location, only 15 minutes on foot coming from the train station, and about 5 minutes walk from the big old market square of Krakow.

Unique Quality: The building and the rooms looked very new, it just looked great.

The perfect location

A good breakfast buffet.

A very, very friendly staff behind the reception desk and in the restaurant / bar.

A great place to stay

by written on May 14, 2005

As I was planning my Poland trip, I wanted to choose the hotels upon location.
Especially because my transfers within Poland were by train, and on foot.

Like this I found the hotel search engine : www.HotelsPoland.com, and like this I found the Hotel Alexander.

And as I was booking early, there was an action, book 3 nights, you only pay 2.

So as I planned a 4 nights stay in Krakow, I only had to pay for 3 nights. That was a great deal.

Unique Quality: good location

Amenities at Alexander Hotel

• Business Services
  • Pets Allowed

Krakow Travel Forum

Need advice about Krakow, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Krakow and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Krakow hotel reviews