Batory Family Hotel

See Amenities
lotharlerch's Profile Photo

A good choice

by written on October 16, 2008

When we bought our train tickets to Krakow at the railway station in Innsbruck the day before starting we booked also this hotel which was offered by the Travel Service Center of Austrian Railways and when we arrived we saw that we did an excellent choice.

Unique Quality: The hotel is in comfortable walking distance from the centre and even in walking distance from the railway station. It is a small hotel in a rather quiet neighbourhood with friendly staff, nice rooms and an excellent breakfast.

I can only confirm the good marks it got from other VT-ers who were here.

Directions: Not far both from the centre and the railway station.

Tuna_ank's Profile Photo

A hotel in Krakow

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 18, 2008

It was easy to walk to central area. There was a parking lot. Breakfast was good. There is aircondition in some rooms! I hope road construction around it finish in a short time. It wasn't easy to reach there by car.

Turska's Profile Photo

Very nice!

by written on April 13, 2008

We were hoping to find something much cheaper(we were on three and half weeks car-holliday,and planned to sleep very cheap),but because there was a film-festival at town,it was sunday(tourist-info closed),and seemed that no-one spoke English,we finally desided to stay here.I belive that our room wasn´t as "luxus" as some other,but it was still nice,and an other had air-condition and other had a fan.We had to change the room for another night,because we first thought to stay only one night.

Unique Quality: Good location,only couple of minutes walk to old-town walls.Luxurous breakfast!We usually don´t eat at day when we are travelling,that´s why I allways tell you about what kind of breakfast is.

christine.j's Profile Photo

A very nice place to stay

by written on September 21, 2005

In August 2005, my husband and I stayed at the Batory hotel . We had a double with a large private bathroom .Everything was very clean. A good breakfast was included in our rate. It was buffet style and if you had wanted to try everything you could have eaten for several hours, it was so much.
The staff at reception was very friendly. Luckily, everybody there spoke English.We were able to check into our room early, which was very nice.
The hotel is about 15 minutes walking from the market square, if you stroll leisurely. I suppose walking fast it could be done in 10 minutes, but who's in a hurry when on vacation.
There is also a restaurant in the hotel, 20% off for hotel guests. We had dinner there once, since we wanted to try Polish specialities. The food was very good,again more than I could eat, so I asked for a Cranberry brandy afterwards(another specialty of the house).The glass I got was the size of a waterglass, filled to the brim.The brandy had a special taste, I really liked it , but it took me a while to finish it. - I shared it with my husband -

Unique Quality: The hotel has an elevator, but also a wide staircase. For me, that's a plus, since I once was in a hotel when everybody had to be evacuated due to a fire alarm. It turned out to be a false alarm, but I well remember the extremely narrow staircase and the helpless elderly people who we tried to calm down and walk down at the same time.

Good value, convenient hotel

by written on August 7, 2005

Good clean room, friendly service, pleasant bar restaurant with outside seating area - ideal to stare idly at your fellow tourists

Unique Quality: Excellent buffet breakfast - loads of choice. Near to main old town bit - 5 minute walk and near to Jewish quarter if walk other way

Directions: 10 minute walk south of main railway station

An Excellent Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 19, 2004

The service is excellent with the reception manned 24/7 by english speaking staff. There was a selection of brochures and maps available

The room had 3 single beds, although there was just me in the room, plenty of space with a wardrobe, table, TV and phone. The room was bright with 2 large windows. The ensuite consisted of a shower, toilet and washbasin. There were a shaver socket and a large mirror. The towels were changed everyday.

Overall the room could not be faulted.

The breakfast was a choice of cereals and cold meat continental style buffet, with orange juice, tea, coffee and water available. The breakfast was capapble of sustaining you throughout the day.

The Hotel is situated across the road from an Ambulance station and what looked like a hospital, occassionally the Ambulance drivers forgot to wait until they were past the hotel before turning on the sirens but this was not a major problem.

There are plenty of car parking spaces at the hotel, although with the town centre only 10 mins walk away and the rail station the same distance, you dont need a car to get around.

Pete_Leckie's Profile Photo

Just out of town, but nice

by written on May 8, 2003

Not overly expensive this family run hotel was kind of Swedish in decor inside.

The rooms were always clean and the restaurant within the hotel was very quiet. However the food, both in terms of quality and cost was absolutely superb. Even if you don't stay there I can guarantee you a fine meal at this hotel.

Unique Quality: Cleanliness, quiet, quality restaurant in the basement - nice cat as well :o)

Nearby Batory Family Hotel

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Krakow Travel Forum

Need advice about Krakow, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Krakow and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Krakow hotel reviews