Grabowskiego 7/2, 31-126 Krakow, Krakow, 31126, Poland

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Outstanding place to stay

I had an excellent stay at Cracowdays in September 2011. I received an email from them less than an hour after making my reservation (on another site). Right away we arranged transportation from the airport at reasonable cost.

The room was very comfortable and well designed. I had a double, which was nice sized, uncluttered and tastefully furnished, a mix of traditional comfort and modern minimalism. High ceilings and plenty of light. The bathroom was modern and spotless. There was a nice sized closet with a safe and plenty of space for luggage. A nice sitting area where you could relax after a long day. The bed was VERY comfortable, perhaps a bit softer than i am used to, but i slept like a king here! Wonderfully clean!

Location was on a quiet side street a short walk from the Old Town. Several reviews seemed to imply that the walk to the main square was too far,I did not find this to be the case at all. The walk to the Rynek Glowny was maybe 10 minutes, lots of shops and restaurants on the way. Safety should not be a concern at all. I was also glad that it was away from the square because Krakow nightlife is very active. Location was also good in relation to the sights and transport options. The exterior looks like an ordinary apartment house, but the owners obviously went to great lengths to make it feel just right.

The Staff was exceptional! They were happy to answer any questions and provided good recommendations for restaurants and sightseeing. There was a lot of personal attention without being intrusive or overbearing at all. They gave the impression that no detail was overlooked. It was relaxed and friendly.

Overall, Cracowdays was a superb place to stay. Staff was outstanding and made sure your stay was as pleasant as possible. The room itself was spotlessly clean and comfortable, very new and well designed, everything worked well. It is a well run establishment that focuses on great customer service. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Krakow.

Unique Quality: Staff was exceptional! Very friendly and so helpful.

Computer access- there was a laptop for public use on each floor. this was a very nice touch. Good wireless signal strength throughout the building. The more expensive rooms have an ipad supplied with the room that you can use while you are there.

Breakfast- this was a bit different from other places in that you sat in the common kitchen/dining room. This gave it a nice different feel as you got to meet other guests. Everyone I met at breakfast was really nice and this somewhat different format for breakfast seemed to work well. I liked this feature. The breakfast itself was nicely presented and generous.

The doors do NOT close automatically. There are two separate keys you have, one to come in the building, the other for the room. Reception (and breakfast room) are on the second floor.

There was a refrigerator and some limited kitchen facilities on each floor.

Directions: just off Karmelitska, a short walk to the main square.

• Krakow deserves Cracowdays!

Everybody knows that Krakow is one of the most beautiful, charming and romantic cities in Poland and
    maybe even in Europe ;) Since its my favourite city, I have stayed there in a few different places for many years, but Cracowdays is definitely the most beautiful, cosy and welcoming of them all!
    Staying there in January 2007 I remebered my trip to Australia 2 years ago. I stayed in ... Tropicdays in Cairns:) - having there a very good time! Cracowdays - maybe a good sign I thought!

The apartments just reflect the city's atmosphere and style. The interiors
    are beautifully designed with subtle decorations. They are elegant and made
    with lost of taste! To be honest, I wouldn't mind to live there :) The
    bathrooms are modern and stylish too and comfortable with all facilties you
    need. Kitchen fully equiped and inviting to have a cup of coffee in the
    morning. And a very important thing - all the interiors are spotlessly
    clean.

A good location, just a few minutes walking distance from the Market Square
    is another key advantage. I have read some reviews on other forums speaking of the
    owner - what can I say, I totally agree. Magda - the host is very nice, friendly and
    helpful especially to our visitors from abroad. Good luck with your business
    and I hope to be back this spring!

Directions: Old Town Ditrict

More about Cracowdays Apartments

Excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member paul1664

Me and a friend have just returned from a brilliant weekend in Cracow where we stayed at Cracowdays.

The property is excellent, modern and spotlessly clean. Our room was a good sized twin with very good facilities, with a shared hallway and modern kitchen. The property itself is only a short walk from the market square - no need for trams, cars, or buses. Theres also a free laptop and wireless broadband if you can't bear to be away from your email for too long.

Our host Magadalena went out of her way to advise us where to eat, drink and party and was always available to help (especially after missing an excursion due to 'vodka overindulgence' the night before - she managed to rearrange the dates on our tickets!). Thanks Magadalena!

I really recommend Cracowdays and hope to be staying there next time I'm in Cracow.

agree with the rest

by TripAdvisor Member GlenSpeyguy

Just spent 3 nights in early Jan. at Cracowdays. I've nothing to add to the other reviews. Very positive experience. Magdalena is as wonderful as everyone says. The only negative is I couldn't figure out the TV. It's a little off the beaten path, if you want to stay in the center of things, but the quality of accomodations for the price is unbeatable. Don't be put off by the grafitti on the building. Krakow is not Prague (thank God!), at least yet. It's a little grimy, more real, but I like that, I'm from NYC. There was no place in Krakow that felt dangerous. Go and enjoy the pierogi!

The best place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member Carla11

From the moment we arrived, we felt entirely welcome. Magdelena could not do enough, advising us of all the interesting sights to see, and good places to eat. Even going as far as arranging our trip to Auchwitz.

We were provided with her number and told she was available 24/ 7, amazing.

The apartment was fresh and clean with all the facilities you could need, including free internet access. Very close to the city centre, it was ideally located too.

We intend to return to the beautiful city of Krakow and we will definitely be staying at Cracowdays apartments again.

All in all we couldn't have asked for more.

If you go you MUST stay here.

If you are reading this Magdelana, Thank you for making our time in Poland even more wonderful.

Carla Warwick & Steven Wood, Essex, England

Superb city, superb host

by TripAdvisor Member RichWoolley

My wife and I stayed at Cracowdays Apartments for 4 nights last week and found the whole stay a wonderful experience. We were met upon arrival by Magdalena who could not be more helpful. She sat down with us and a pot of fresh coffee and talked us through a map of Krakow highlighting good places to see, eat & drink. We took her up on many of her excellent suggestions. She was also kind enough to arrange for a late night taxi to pick us up for our trip to the airport on the way home. The apartment itself is spotless and our room, the "Frascati" room was very nice with a great power shower.
The apartments are nicely located just a five minute walk from the Rynek Glowny. You can walk pretty much anywhere you wish to go but there are trams that you can jump on to save your legs. Krakow itself is a lovely place - the inside of St Mary's Church, the Barbican, Wawel Castle, Rynek Glowny and the old Jewish ghetto are all well worth seeing.
We also took day trips to both Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Tatra Mountains (Zakopane) on the bus - both of which were cheap and easy to get to.
You should go to Pod Temida which is one of the old cheap, no frills cafeterias subsidised by the state during the communist era. We had lunch there one day - a bowl of borscht each and some pierogi and paid about £4. It doesn't look much but is delicious. Another great little restaraunt we found was Gullivers which I think is a must if you visit Krakow. I would steer clear of the relatively expensive & snooty Cyrano de Bergerac where, although the food was good, the service was abysmal and you can each a lot more cheaply in a better atmosphere all over the city.
Visit Krakow and Cracowdays where Magdalena will welcome you to her wonderful city with open arms. I can not recommend this place highly enough.

Great place with wonderful hospitality!

by TripAdvisor Member beazdan

We stayed at Cracowdays over Thanksgiving weekend and had a fabulous time. The hosts, Magdalena and Janusz, really went above and beyond to make our trip seamless - not an easy task when travelling with a one year old! They made sure we had an appropriate crib and even picked us up from the airport with a carseat at the ready!

The place is very nice overall - newly renovated with a modern decor. There are 4 bedroom/bathroom suites with a shared kitchen and hallway/computer area (which worked great for us -- once our little one was in bed, we hung out in the kitchen drinking wine and surfing the internet on our computer -- wifi is free!) The best part is how close it is to the stary rynek (old town)... just a few minutes walk and you are in the heart of it all.

Make sure if you stay there to get recommendations on things to see, restaurants, etc., from the hosts. We got some great pointers on where to go for a big early breakfast, and they pointed us towards a great Corsican restaurant once we were tired of pierogi's and beet soup.

We definately hope to go back to Krakow and stay there again soon!

Hostess with the mostest

by TripAdvisor Member sisimia

Following the great reviews on TripAdvisor, my partner and I booked a 3 night stay early Jan 07.
I had stayed in a Krakow apartment before which was, shall we say, less than delightful, but Cracowdays couldn't have been a more pleasant change.
The owner, Magdelana, was there to meet us when we called her on the way from the airport, spent an hour with us recommending bars and restaurants and marking them on a map, later she organised our tickets for Auschwitz, and was on call throughout our stay whenever we had a question or needed help, ringing taxis etc. Brilliant, above and beyond the call of duty!
The room, Barolo, was clean and nicely decorated, the bathroom immaculate (just needed more shelves!), and gorgeous floor tiles (I am an interior designer!). Ten mins walk to the central square, with a handy supermarket on the doorstep. Communal kitchen immaculate also. Street quiet.
Will post restaurant reviews separately.
Won't heistate to recommend to friends travelling to Krakow.
Sian

Great Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member philandsam

The apartments were lovely. They were clean, decor was good, 5 minutes walk to the market square, had a laptop available with internet access, and were extremely good value for money. If your looking for somewhere that is near the town centre and reasonably priced look no further. Magdalena was brilliant, meeting us outside the apartment, driving us to a restaurant, and buying us a polish flag (vodka and grenadine) on our arrival.

Great Location and Absolutely Spotless

by TripAdvisor Member Arachnae

The four of us stayed for three days at the Apartments.

The Apartments are in a tenament building - do not be put off by the building as it looks rather drab from outside but the apartments have been refurbished to a good level and are extremely clean and comfortable.

The beds are Polish style - ie two twins pushed together but this is typical in Poland. They are however new and comfortable with good quality spotless sheets.

The problem with the locks seems to have been sorted as we had no problem at all with getting in and out.

There is a kitchen that is shared between the four rooms. We used the tea and coffee supplied but if we had wanted, the kitchen is fully furnished for cooking meals, etc.

We met Magda who was very helpful and gave us some good recommendations for eating, drinking and siteseeing. I am a bit of a foodie and Krakow has some extremely good restaurants delivering meals at a fraction of the price one would pay at home. I was surprised that there is a large italian influence in Krakow, with many restaurants serving Polish/Italian fusion.

The Apartments are very well located, with the Old Town being five to ten minutes walk away.

We felt completely at ease and safe in Krakow whatever the time. The last time I was in Krakow was ten years ago at which time many people did not speak English (German being the usual second tongue). However many locals now speak very good English and on occasion where we had struggled (my Polish is very rusty) the locals are always keen to assist in translation. We found the Poles warm and welcoming. Service in Poland also is a lot friendly than I have found in other eastern european countries.

We will definitely be returning to Krakow next year and the Apartments will be our first choice of accommodation.

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member SWilson

Really lived up to the reviews here, was the perfect place for our weekend in Krakow. You really don't expect, from the building, that there will be a wonderful, friendly, spacious and comfortable place to stay there! Magdalana was so lovely, very well informed and helpful. The apartments are very centrally located, only 5 mins from the main square, near lots of great restarurants (get some recommendations from her - she knows her stuff!). Would definitely stay again!

krakow in march

by carnaval2002

Hi folks,

Iḿ planning a trip to krakow in march and wanted to check a few things before I decide (Prague is also another option but I think I´ll like Krakoww better...)

Because it will be a long weekend stay I wnted to know a good hotel which is not too expensive. Currently the hotel we will book is named Trzy Kafki Plus. Does anyone know this place and if itś a nice area? We want to be right in the center where all the action is:-)

Can anyone know the hottest salsa and latin clubs in Krakow? We want to be busy from friday evening till sunday evening.

What MUST I do, when visiting Krakow? I want to have the best tip:-)

Thanks in advanced.

by 68maciek

Unforunately I'm not a specialist in salsa field (I wish I could dance better) however:
I 've also heard about salsa parties in 'U Luisa' (Rynek).
I personally know:
Stajnia- ul.Jozefa (Kazimierz)- small dance floor but busy on weekends.

What MUST I do, when visiting Krakow? -a tough question. It depends what do you like.

by sihi

Krakow is amazing city. I recomend to do day trips to Wieliczka salt mines, to towns of Tarnow and Bochnia.

by servus

Trzy Kafki Plus is a little bit away from the center, there are many others i stayed in cracowdays (hope it's not an add:)) you can google it! Before you go read reviews on this and another forums. Must do: see Market Square, St, Mary's Church, Wawel Castle, Collegium Maius, Jewish Quater and of course many of restaurants and bars:), try polish cusine eg. "pierogi" - similar to italian ravioli but much much better!
good luck!

by parampampam

As for salsa, try out the "El Sol" Club, Batorego Street. It's not far from the Market Square. The second to your right on Karmelicka Street.
Real latino's running it. ;)

Another one - on Szewska Street, just by the Market Square - it's called "Rece i nogi" (= "Arms and legs").

Have a good time, but keep sane. ;) We've already got problems with awful noisy guys having "lad's parties" in Krakow. Yuck!...

by kormoran23

I slept in hospitable chambers FINGER GUEST ROOMS - advice see www.finger.krakow.pl

by thijsbecker

This city rocks in general..
There will be a lot to enter.. my salsa isn't as well, so no info about that...
but for a drink before:
Piano Rouge and Buddha Bar on the main market..
to eat:
aqua i wino, just off the market...
names... tja...