ul Glowackiego 22, Krakow, Southern Poland, 30-085, Poland
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 52% less but rated 27% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Krakow

Behind Hansi's video, VT Webcam Shoot, KrakowBehind Hansi's video, VT Webcam Shoot, Krakow

Tower, Krakow, PLTower, Krakow, PL

Kraków Main Train Station - Kraków GlównyKraków Main Train Station - Kraków Glówny

Grunwald Monument - KrakówGrunwald Monument - Kraków

Private tour of Krakow

by ChrisSheena

Its been 40 years since I last visited Krakow as a young boy. In a couple of weeks time I shall be back there for a wedding but only have one free day. Does anyone know of a good tour guide who would be interested in giving a private tour of the city ? There are tour companies out there who will do this but a well informed tour guide who is also prepared to share places "off the toursit track" would be helpful. This would be for one or two people. I speak Polish as well as English !
Thanks / Dziekuje.

by alza

Czesc Chris! I visited Krakow on my own over 7 days in 1999 and can't tell you how much I loved my time there!
I don't have a private guide to suggest, unfortunately, but I did see back then that there were tour companies -- though it's just not the same. With travel experience around the world since then, I totally understand your wish for a private guide.
This summer I was lucky to have a local archeologist friend with me in Tivoli, near Rome. Although I'd been there a few times, this time was a very special experience which I'll treasure forever.

There were many places in Krakow where I know now that I would have really appreciated a private guide. I've been wanting to go back there since and to do it the way you want to do it. If I find anything to help, I'll let you know.
Meanwhile, I hope that members in the know about private guides in Krakow will step in.

enjoy your wedding in Krakow and your one day to explore that beautiful city!

by von.otter

Contact Andrzej Puchacz (apuchacz@travpol.pl) of Travpol (http://www.travpol.pl/).

He arranged our tours of Warsaw and Krakow; both were first class.

by alza

thanks very much von.otter, for suggesting Andrzej Puchacz! I'll keep it in mind!

Travel Tips for Krakow

Kazimierz - my favourite place

by jorgec25

This Jewish quarter is a true gem in Krakow.

Leaving the market square behind and shortly after passing by the impressive Wavel castle you reach a modest neighborhood, but once you plunge into it there ares surprises in every corner.

Visit the synagogues and the Jewish cemetery, with the wall around it being mad of the remains of tombstones destroyed by the Nazis.

But besides the Jewish heritage, Kazimierz is bursting with cultural offer, with bookstores and cafes stretching out of the main square (Plac Nowy) in all directions.

Day and night there's always something happening, something to see or listen to, and someone to talk over a drink while sitting in one of the cafes.

visit Rynek Glowny (Main...

by Tolik

visit Rynek Glowny (Main Market Square). It was Europe's largest medieval marketplace and is on par in size and grandeur with St. Mark's Square (Venice). It even has the same plague of pigeons. Legend tells though 'they are no ordinary birds; pigeons are the spirits of the knights of Duke Henry IV, who in the 13th century were cursed and turned into birds'.

Being in the old part of...

by Wiktoria

Being in the old part of Krakow but outside the main old town district is already a treat in itself but... my favorite 'welcome to Krakow' is always to enter the oldest part of the city through the Florian Gate. For me it works like a time machine. All of the sudden you get transformed a few centuries back. It's an overwhelming feeling. You can only understand the rush you get if you've experienced the place yourself.
Check out my new travelogues from my August 2001 trip to Poland.
Kanoniczna Street photographed in August 2001.

Legends: Nawojka

by Skeptic-jr

Nawojka was a half -legendary woman living in 15th century, the first female student of Krakow's Academy (now the Jagiellonian University) and the first female teacher in Poland.

According to the rules from those days woman could not study at the higher level. So Nawojka was in the disguise of the 15 years old boy Jakub (Jacob).

After three years of cheating and just before reaching the educational level prohibited for girls she was uncovered. The rector trial was a danger to sentence her for a death. She managed to save her life, because some professors gave her a recommendation as a great student. Then she went to the monastery.

Nowojka today is a name for a student hostel at the Reymonta Street. It was a first dormitory for woman in Krakow.

Biking is excellent!

by Raimix

I had some off the beaten (not planned) attraction in Krakow. With one friend we were biking with mountain bikes from his living place to one lake, that appeared after salt mining.

I liked that mountain bikes ride as road was really hilly and quite sharp. I believe it is great to rent bikes in Krakow and have a ride at least at old town area and parks around, maybe to go to other side of Wisla river to see how Wawel castle looks. Bike, good wearing, good boots.

Comments