Plac Szczepanski 7, Krakow, 31-011, Poland

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo

Recommended by VTers- convenient apartments

The Globtroter apartments were recommended to me on VT and I chose to stay there for several reasons.
    1. I thought I might be alone for the first week and everyone at reception speaks English. That would be important because I do not speak Polish.
    2. For a fee, they will meet you at the airport and drive you straight to the door of the apartments. You can also arrange to have them take you back to the airport.
    3. They are located just a short walk off the square.. which is where all the activity is.
    4. They will help you arrange tours or give you directions to whatever you need.
    5. They gave me a very good recommendation for a car rental.. reasonable price... agents speak English. (see transportation tip)
    6. There is someone at reception 24 hrs. a day and the outside gates are locked in the evening.
    All of these things made the Globtroter a convenient and economical place to stay. The rooms are very simple. Coffee makers included. Frig was way too small in the one room we were in for the first night.

Unique Quality: There is a lovely garden just outside everyones' doors.. and a multitude of flowers and plants cascade from window boxes outside your window.
    You can visit a very simple room on the 3rd floor to use internet access if you don't have a computer with you. Luckily Gosia brought her laptop and so we had wireless access in our room.
    There is a luxury accomodation rented by Globtroter which I had booked, but after seeing the entrance and approach to the apartment, I cancelled that reservation and we decided on two double rooms for the four of us women....rather than the one larger apartment with only one bath and altho a gorgeous main bedroom... the other 2 would have to sleep on a pull out couch...which hardly seemed fair if splitting costs four ways. Peter at Reception finally got the problems unravelled and it all ended well.

Directions: just a few blocks off the square - very walkable to everything

• tini58de's Profile Photo

Globtroter

Thanks to VT I found out about this place and we can only recommend it to everybody! The location is within the city walls and only 3 minutes walk to the market square, our room was spacious facing to a courtyard and the staff was more than helpful (the reception is open 24 hours a day). Breakfast is not included. In March 2006 we paid 180 zl/night.

Unique Quality: Superb location, spacious room, wonderful and helpful staff! Highly recommended!

Directions: 3 minutes walk away from the Rynek/market square

• tashski's Profile Photo

Highly recommended

The Globtroter is a hotel/hostel really close to the main square. It was clean, conveniently situated, and extremely welcoming. The staff were all very helpful and friendly - and the cost was very reasonable for a hotel so close (1 minute) from the main square. There is no breakfast but a cheap cafe right next door opens at 8 or 9 in the morning. Rooms can sleep up to 4 or 5, and you pay for the room, not the amount of persons. Cost is about £45/$70 per night - and so the more of you sharing, the less you then pay per person.

Unique Quality: Really helpful staff - they arranged our transport to and from the airport at a really good price, and also arranged transport for us to Auschwitz, including the tour, which worked out much much cheaper than the organised tours with Cracow tours. Also, it meant that the minibus driver waited for just myself and my friends suiting our times, and we didnt feel rushed and pushed along like cattle as it was with Cracow tours the last time I visited Poland.
    Also, must mention GREAT showers, not drip drip. PERFECT temperature and pressure EVERY TIME.

Directions: take the road Slawkowska from the square and turn right. Globtroter entrance is on the right, but look carefully cos you might miss it (entrance is through a passageway).

• dd99's Profile Photo

Guesthouse in central Krakow

The globtroter is a cheap guesthouse located right in the center of Krakow.

The rooms are clean but smallish. I stayed in 2 rooms, both singles - one medium-sized and one small. There is a TV but no English channels at all. Breakfast is not included, but there is a good cafe/restuarant next door.

Unique Quality: Nice courtyard (owned by the restauarant).

My first room opened out into the courtyard, my second into the reception area - when there werer people around it could be noisy. I suppose this would not be a rpoblem with the higher floors.

Overall - not too impressive but good value for money due to the excellent location. Staff are very friendly. I think I paid 135 Zl per night.

Directions: 5 mins from the central square. Taxi rank nearby.

• naruto's Profile Photo

Best Guesthouse in Krakow

I enjoyed my stay at Globtroter thoroughly. Friendly staff (e.g Jack), fantastic location, and very reasonable price.

Globtroter is located in the Old Town, near Rynek Glowny, a street away from the main square. It is a mere few minutes walk away. Yet, the main building is situated away from the main street, therefore the rooms are quiet and peaceful.

The rooms are clean and warmly furnished. My single room at 25 Euros (in March 2004), came with an ensuite bathroom. There is even a TV, and a free bottle of mineral bottle to welcome you. Comfortable bed.

Jack, the owner, is extremely friendly and willing to share sightseeing tips. Speaks great English as well.

Unique Quality: -Reasonable price
    -Great Location
    -Friendly people
    -Clean, thoughtfully furnished rooms

Directions: From train/bus station, take the underground passage, surface at Pijarska. Turn left on Sw Jana pass the Muzeum Czartoryskich, and right on Szczepanski.

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo

Globtroter

If you fancy a guest house room in Krakow, then the Globtroter is ideal. It's situated in a quiet courtyard on Plac Szczepanski, just off the Rynek. The owner, Jack ,speaks fluent English and he and his family will give you a warm Polish welcome.

Directions: Plac Szczepanski is next to the Rynek

• Krakow`s excellant value budget choice

Located just off Rynek Glowny square(THE main square in the old town), this place offers top quality, comfy and warm cosy rooms for very, very reasonable prices.
    You can have 2 bed rooms, 4 or 5 bed rooms, most with a nice balcony..
    I`ve stayed in hotels which were more expensive and did`nt come near the standard reached in this place!
    The staff are very helpful with pointing out places to see, where to go, how to get there etc...they know some damn fine Polish restaurants - local and cheap - that serve the finest dinners i`ve tasted!
    No curfew - you get your own key.

Unique Quality: The place is so very central - and the price is hard to beat.(approx 18euro each for a 2/3 bed room)
    Very peaceful - no parties or student/hostel types staying here which = a good nights sleep.
    Friendly staff, and no curfew.
    Its waliking distance from most sites - only a few minutes walk from the bus station - loads of bars and food joints near-by too.

If your on a buget and are thinking your best option is to book into a hostel - i`d urge you to check out this place first - its a gem.

Directions: Off the main square and walk onto Szczepanska street, then take the first right which will bring you onto this small square.The accomadation is located here - easy to find - you`ll see the GLOBTROTER banner over the door

More about Globtroter Guest House

Globtroter and Krakow the best holidays I had for years

by TripAdvisor Member jacksonp

We have just returned from three weeks round tour of Europe. We have enjoyed most of the places, however one of them - Globtroter in Krakow - gave us such a great expeariance that I have decided to share it with you, since I have chosen this place after reading other members reviews on Tripadvisor.
We have flown from Berlin to Balice Krakow airport (this airport is close to Krakow (approx 10 miles) Note: if you are going to Krakow do not choose Pyrzowice airport - which is 60 miles away - we have met some travellers from U.K. who made this mistake and it took them over two hours to get to Krakow)
Our plane was 45 minutes late, but Kuba, the driver from Globtroter, was waiting for us. Within just over half an hour we were in our rooms, after a great welcome at the Reception by Peter, where we were given a short verbal "tour" of Krakow, the best restaurants (not most expensive - by the way, food in Krakow costs approx.1/4 to 1/2 what you pay in U.K. I have found it a little on the heavy side - not too dietary, but very good - pierogi is a "must try"), a lot of info on local museums and places to see (the choice is great - the time we had, 4 nights,was too short). We were all give a map each and a promise (which was kept) that they will answer any questions that we may have.
The rooms were a good size, very warm and comfortable. Good size bathroom with hot and spacious shower. All our rooms had kettle and a welcome pack with tea, coffee and sugar. (Note: In Poland It is not customary to drink tea with milk - if you want good cuppa you will have to ask for the milk in all the restaurants).
Globtroter is very close to the main square (Rynek), less than a minute walk. You can walk to most of the places of interest on foot. Kazimierz (Jewish district) is furthest away - it took us just over 20 minutes to walk there - it is worth it.
We were glad that we have split Wawel Castle tour over two seperate visits (reception advice) - you can do it in one, but I think that it would be very tiring and you will not expeariance the full pleasure of this magnificent historical place.
We have visited Auschwitz with the tour organised by Globtroter- picked up just outside the main gate (9.15), booked on an official tour (we have had a private guide, but I understand that vthis is not always possible), visited Auschwitz I then taken to Birkenau (here we expearinced another little gem - we were saved over a 1 km walk by the driver who drove around the camp to pick us up at the back of the camp (The Monument) where the tour has finished. Some people never see this part - as we have found out from people that we have met in the restaurant and who booked the trip to Auschwitz with one of the tour operators in the city. We were back in the city before 16:00.
Auschwitz is a "difficult" expeariance, but it si very interesting and all of us felt that " you have to see it with your own eyes" and to pay respects to people that died there. It should be on everybodies agenda.
Wieliczka - Salt Mine was at the other end of "happiness" spectrum. It is an unbelivable place and it has restored a believe in a human race (after seeing Auschwitz) - there is no other place on earth like St. Kinga Chapel.
Someone wrote that Krakow is a crown studded with gems. We agree with this statement fully, but would like to add that one of these gems is Globtroter Guest House -
Thank you for making our stay so complete - WE WILL BE BACK to see the rest of your wonderful City.

Peter and Jackson family

P.S. Peter - you are a star

New Year in Krakow

by TripAdvisor Member hkateBoston

I have welcomed New Year 2007 in Krakow (Poland). The only dissapointment was the weather, or more precisely lack of snow. I have always imagined Poland to be a very cold country and have assumed that the snow is a cert, but not a little bit.
Our party of four stayed in a Guest house very close to the center of the old city. We were very happy with our accommodation. Globtroter Guest House was recommended to me by my friends who stayed there in September. I have also spoted them in one of the Steve Rick's travel guides (I am not sure if I should have mentioned this here but it is done now) We booked two rooms. They were spacious and very clean. Every day, the rooms were cleaned and fresh towels were provided. Limited English speaking channels on TV, but we didn't come to Krakow watch TV. Large bathrooms with shower - no baths. All the staff could comunicate in a good english and they were very helpful with all the advice they gave us about the restaurants and local customs. The New Year party was also booked by the reception. We had a great time for a very reasonable cost. I thought that the amount of food given was too much, it could have fed twice as many people. At midnight all of us went to the Main Square where there was a fantastic display of fireworks and great festive atmosphere created by about 100,000 people. I do not remember much of the 1st of Jan. On the 2nd we went to Aushwitz Camp with the tour organised by Globtroter reception - very good value for money (7 people on the tour - 90 zloty per person, this included all the transportation and an English speaking guide at the camp.
On the 3rd we were taken to the airport for our flight home.
We loved our time in Krakow, snow or no snow, and we will return in force in September to see some more of this magnificent city. Thank you Globtroter Staff for all your help, see you soon.

Kate and friends.

Superb little hotel right in the centre of a happening city

by TripAdvisor Member david_darlington

An excellently situated hotel, it's within walking distance of many great bars, clubs and restaurants. Very friendly staff, Peter spoke excellent English and gave us good advice on where to go for food and drink, arranged us a trip to Auschwitz, all of which was no trouble for them and the prices were great. Room was basic but very clean, and the way the hotel looks onto a courtyard, doesn't make you feel like your right in a busy city so it is relaxing. Highly recommended and I look forward to visitng Krakow again, most likely staying at the Globtroter.

Comments