Hostel "Centrum-Krakow"

Kosciól Mariacki - St. Mary's ChurchKosciól Mariacki - St. Mary's Church

Jama Michalika - decorJama Michalika - decor

City tour bus

by alectrevor

Hi. Is there an opentop Krakow city tour bus running early dates in September. ? Hope so then i can plan my trip. Thanks All.

by nomad7890

Hi Alec. Krakow is extremely walkable and easy to get around. I did not notice any of the tour buses but I was not looking for them - so unless you have a significant physical problem you could walk, then take a bus back. Buses were taking a while so I just walked.

Worse case scenario is that you stop and take a break half way. When I say half way, I take the Barbican as the northernmost point, Wawel as the southernmost. You then have Kazimierz closer to the Wawel area.

Here's a nice site with some suggested routes:

Hope this helps!

by juzz

Hi!
There is such a bus, I tried it last october and I liked it quite much, even though it was too cold to be in the upper uncover part of the bus.
They give you earphones, you plug them and you start hearing interesting stories of the places you see.
You can jump off and on where you want and when you want, I think the ticket lasts one day.
Buying the ticket gives you some discounts and free entrance to some museums.

Have a look here! http://www.tourbus.pl/index.html

enjoy Krakow,
Sergio

by bjakobss

Another kind of sightseeing....http://www.crazyguides.com/

by elagajda

here you will find the travel agency which specialized in organizing all details during your stay in Krakow - www.escapetocracow.com

and here some necessary information about city, pubs, bars, restaurant and recent events - www.escapetocracow.wordpress.com

Enjoy your stay
Ela

Travel Tips for Krakow

I liked seeing the Jagellonian...

by kochamanita

I liked seeing the Jagellonian University. It's not on the river like in Wroclaw, but the facade is still nice nonetheless. Here's a picture of it at night. Krakow all around is a very nice city, I really liked the Rynek, the Cathedral, and Wawel.

Best time to travel

by tini58de

Well, there are pros and cons about each and every time, so I will give you mine on travelling to Krakow in March:

pro:

- not too many tourists (especially nice when wanting to visit the Wawel)
- you might get better rates (airfare, accomodation) because it is not high season yet

con:

- the weather might still be bad (we had snow 2 1/2 days out of 4 and no sunshine!!)
- construction work before high season starts
- a few sights only open from May on (the tower of St. Mary's, Dragon's Cave on Wawel hill etc)

Dragon of the Castle

by Pawtuxet

There is a legend about a dragon at Wawel Castle. The story is told in children's books and there are replicas of the dragon throughout the castle grounds. Pictured here (from a post card) is the detailing of a rain gutter at the roof line. Rain water travels along the gutter,then thru the mouth of the dragon. On the day we arrived the dragons were very busy carrying torrential rain from the roof of the castle to the floor of the courtyard.
Dragons are a theme we see throughout Krakow.

Joanna (here with my daughter in yellow jacket) was another pen pal I wrote to in advance of visiting Poland. She hooked up with us in Krakow, where she lives and works. She was a fun guide and very enthusiastic about her "town".

We depended on my pen pal Gosia, from Warsaw, to fill us in on every nuance of Polish society along the way. Here we see the classic Gosia pointing out another pearl of knowledge from her vast collection of information...cigarette in hand, ALWAYS. We loved this woman. What a treasure she has been for us.

I would have to say that the LOCAL CUSTOM that stands out to me the most in Poland is the people and their tireless enthusiasm to help you. I find them very "giving" people.

Old weapons

by matcrazy1

They used to hang old, medieval Polish weapons on walls of some Polish restaurants in Krakow. Hmm... add semi-darkness, candle lights, huge underground interior with its acoustic, waiters weared medieval custumes which make secret (terrific?) atmosphere.
Good apette :-))).

Many Beautiful & Historical Places....

by coceng

There are many places that we can make Krakow as our base to explore the region south of Poland....One place that nobody should miss or rather why they based themself in Krakow in the first place..is the Auschwitz Camp...or known as Oswiecim Camp...(the name of the place in Polish)...

Auschwitz Camp is about 65 km away from Krakow.

Comments