Ul. Grodzka 51, Krakow, Southern Poland, 31001, Poland

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 33% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• kanjon's Profile Photo

A home in the center of things

I stayed at Senacki Hotel 51 Grodzka Str. during a trip to Kraków that I made by myself in october 2004. It was important to find a hotel where I could feel at home and which had good communications close-by and with Internet connection in the room. Senacki had it all and more. It was clean and the service was great.

My single-room (one of four in the hotel) was quite small but with space for all my stuff in a big closet. It had a satellite tv, mini-bar, phone, free access to internet and a new and clean ensuite bathroom. The bed was a little bit hard I remember, and my room had windows to Grodzka Street, which is a really beautiful and athmospheric street but kind of noisy at times. I slept all night long anyway.

The generous breakfast buffet was wonderful. One of the best hotel-breakfasts ever! There was all kinds of local specialities, great bread, sausages, cheeses, fruit youghurt and vegetables and more. Unfortunately I never dined at the hotel-restaurant, but I must say that their menu looked really good, again with a nice mixture of modern and traditional Polish dishes.

In the mornings I was out on the stone-paved street and could start my investigations immediately with so much to see really close by.

I kept my computer and other things in the safe by the reception, no extra charge. The staff was really helpful even though some of them didn´t speak english as well as the others. But that was not a big problem at all. The prize given below is for a single room.

Unique Quality: Located in the center of the Old Town, great breakfast, cool neighbours ( facing the S:t Peter and Paul´s imposing Baroque church and St Andrews church (you must go and visit, but check out visiting hours!), cosy athmosphere (13-th century basement) and friendly staff, about a minute´s walk to the Wawel.

Directions: In the middle of Grodzka street in the Old Town close to the Wawel castle

Comments