Ulica Westerplatte 15, Krakow, Southern Poland, 31-033, Poland

Travelocity Booking.com Hotel Wyspianski

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• morgenhund's Profile Photo

Perfectly adequate for those with modest needs

I booked the Wyspianski for its location - it is across the road from the Planty which runs round the old city of Kraków and very centrally located. From it I found that I could vist all of the major attractions on foot - the walk into the city centre to the market place is only 5-10 minutes walk. Having previously been a popular hostel-like establishment, the Wyspianski is now a three star hotel with modest conference facilities and a restaurant. I opted to only have breakfast in the hotel - the breakfast was good with a good range of things to have, and good coffee and fruit juices. My room - a single in a twin room was perfectly adequate - with TV (although Polish and German channels only) and a bathroom with shower en-suite. It was plenty big enough and comfortable and was more than adequate for my modest needs. I booked on hotels.com to get a very good rate approx EUR 72 per night - which was well within my budget.

Directions: About 900m from the station - close to the Planty and the old city.

• chrissyalex's Profile Photo

Right in the Middle of Everything!

This 3 star hotel is right in the middle of everything! Directly across the street is the Planty. It is less than a 5 minute walk to the Old Town Square and about 10 minute or so walk to the main train station and the bus station ( which is very handy if you plan on visiting Zakopane and Czestochowa). Also , there is a tram stop right in front of the hotel . Additionally, if you plan on taking any daytours to places such as Wieliczka Salt Mine or Auschwitz-Birkenau, the bus for these tours stops at the right hand side of the hotel promptly at 8:50 every morning . You can buy your tickets on the bus. No advance booking is required.

The hotel itself is nice with polite , helpful staff. My room was a little on the small side, but clean and cozy. It had a TV, hairdryer and comfy down pilllows and comforter. The shower was warm with good water pressure.

I was quite happy with this hotel. So much so, that my parents are planning a trip to Krakow later this year and I booked this hotel for them.

Unique Quality: The included breakfast is different. If you are a big meat eater you will love it, especially if you enjoy jellied meats, sausages, dried fish etc. But for a person like me, who doesn't eat meat, there was still quite a variety to choose from such as fresh fruits, breads, cheeses, cereal and pastries. I have no complaints.

• wightlion's Profile Photo

Hotel Wyspianski

Loverly, clean, and well run hotel only 5mins from the main square.
    the staff at reception are especially welcoming and spoke English very well although the bar maids could do with a humour injection !!
    The rooms are quite spacious and cleaned daily
    the hotel foyer were spotless

The only downfall is that the hotel does cater for groups of mid to late teenagers and that some customers in the middle of them could be upset by the noise of shrieking and of the running up and down the corridors.

would I return to the Wyspianski ?

Unique Quality: The restaurant according to the other guests was very good but i personally didnt use it due to the Vodka induced coma that made me sleep through my alarm clock,... ahem!

• bryINpoland's Profile Photo

cheap mans hotel

when travel to cracow, me and my good friend ola, stumbled across a nice hotel named hotel wyspianski. it is located right in the heart of old town cracow and is in walking distance of everything. i found the price to be very reasonable for its location so i was more then happy to dish over the cash.

the staff didnt speak much english, barely any english at all as i recall, but ola is from poland and speaks the language so that didnt matter to us.

the rooms were nice and i found the whole hotel to be clean and very pleasant.

Unique Quality: i always laugh when i think of this hotel. i remember the room we got had 2 single beds. at the time me and ola were dating and as a joke i asked where she was sleeping. she jumped into one of the beds and got comfortable and said "this one" in a cute voice. just as she siad that. she spilt her coca-cola all over her bed and jumped up instantly and said just as fast "i mean i am sharing a bed with u"

Directions: if u are arriving from the main train station. head directly south down westerplatte street and u wil find it about a half mile on your left.

• morgane1692's Profile Photo

Right across the street from Old Town

Location, location, location...several blocks from the train station, a short enough taxi ride in from the airport, and right across the street from Old Town and all that that entails!

Unique Quality: Great view, yes, I saw and heard the Cathedral right outside my window! Really big rooms for the money, too! Towel warmers in the bathroom!!

• Maggies's Profile Photo

WYSPIANSKI HOTEL

85 $ for a double room

Unique Quality: About a year ago it was the cheapest place to stay. Now it's completely renovated, the standard and the prices are higher. A pity though, cuz it was a good place, very close to the Old Town where you could stay for about 25 $. I guess we don't have any of these cheap hotels anymore. Wanna comfort, gotta pay for it... ;-)

More about Hotel Wyspianski

excellent central location

by TripAdvisor Member topper71

Have just returned from a 3 night stay at the Wyspianski Hotel. We upgraded to a larger room at the cost of 20 zloty per night ( approx £4.00)which was excellent value and is highly recommended. The room was spotlessly clean and all the staff were extremely accommodating - the reception staff spoke excellent english. The hotel is perfectly located - less than 5 minutes from the main square and 5 minutes from the railway station as well. We would definitely return to the Wyspianski.

Nice hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member wightlion

Stayed at the Wyspianski in march of this year and booked it through easyjet so what we wanted was a nice cheap hotel within easy reach of the main square and that is what we got.

Reception,
nice and helpful staff,nice and clean lobby

Bar,
serve up some nice cold beer although the female that served us had no humour whatsoever.

Rooms,
functional but nothing special but then again i didnt care really because it was just a base

Guests
Hoards of youngsters running up and down the corridor but only in high spirits

Outside,
looks a bit tired outside but it used to be a hostel and hasnt had a facelift
and beware lots of dog pooh on the forecourt

location 5mins walk from the main square

so all in all very nice

Good for the price - No Aircon (That's a must in Summer)

by TripAdvisor Member oli4uk

I found this hotel to be average to good for the price we paid (Summer 2006) £130 Two persons over two nights. The decoration and furniture is dated, but we found the rooms to be clean, dressed well each day, and found the staff to be as helpful as any other hotel I've visited.

The reception staff will also book you on the daily trips to Auschwitz and the Salt Mines if you wish. Saves the hassle of booking it all independently and the prices are good. BTW the Salt Mines are well worth the trip and very impressive.

The hotel location is excellent in relation to the city centre. The only but would be the lack of air-conditioning. You might now be thinking "What ! Aircon ?, what a tart !" but in Summer temperatures can reach 35 C easily in Krakow and south / west facing rooms can heat up even higher. No fans are offered, just the simply the fact "We haven't got air-conditioning" when I questioned. The close proximity of the hotel to stores and buildings all with air-conditioning units and all the typical city noises made opening the window during the night, not our favoured option, but we had to just to be able to sleep a little in the heat. Needless to say, but we didn't sleep too well.

To conclude, I'd happily stay there again, just not in Summer. Mind you, prices of better known hotels would be cheaper then too .... so I'd have to check those out.

Hope this helps - Oliver.

Stained-glass by WyspianskiStained-glass by Wyspianski

Wyspianski's secessional patternsWyspianski's secessional patterns

Wyspianski's stained-glass windowsWyspianski's stained-glass windows

Wyspianski's magnificent LET IT BEWyspianski's magnificent LET IT BE

On my own in November.

by jakeyboy

Hi Guys! I will be going out to Krakow on November 4th for a 4 night stay. This is my first time visiting Krakow, and i cant wait! I will be travelling alone which does`nt bother me at all, but i was just wondering about places to eat and drink. As i am on my own i will be on a slight budget. I am staying at the Hotel Wyspianski, and would also like to know which is the best way of gettin to Krakow from the airport. I will be getting there around 20.30 - 21.00.
Any tips or advice from anyone would be appreciated. Also, if anyone else is out there around the same time, how about meeting up for a beer and shot of vodka?!!!
cheers!

by zaffaran

Not bad way to get to Wyspianski Hotel is to take a train from Balice to the main station. As I know it operates every 15 minutes from 4 am to 24.00 . The hotel is fairly close to the main station.

by Neilski

I'm sure other people will advise you on good "budget" places to eat and drink,but if you decide to come to the center by train,to get to your hotel leave the station and head left to the under pass.Take the first "exit" you will see a sign to "ul. Westerplatte",go up the steps and walk to the left for about 7 mins and you are there.

by sihi

Hi!

Do daytrip to 12 century salt mine in old Bochnia town. And try Polish drinkable mead and beer!!:)

by johngayton

Then just enjoy ;) Krakow is Crackin' even in November.

by paulinuk2u

everywhere is cheap/ish to eat in krak,my favourite is sunday brunch at the sheraton 105zl

by paulinuk2u

no dont get bus you might think bus is not very full but by the time you get to centrum you,ll wish you,d got the train 4zloty pay onboard staying at the pttk hotel ugh hope you get a renovated room

by johngayton

Yes the train is definitely the easiest way into the city and assuming you don't have loads of luggage then there is no need to bother with the shuttle bus as the station is only about 200 yards from the main airport exit.

Say Dzjin Dobry (SP!!) to Krakow for me :)

Comments