Ul Syrokomli 2, Krakow, Southern Poland, 30-102, Poland

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Ibis Krakow Centrum

Great Choice for a Reasonable, Clean, Pleasant Hotel in Krakow

by TripAdvisor Member jeffpeff

Having never stayed at an Ibis before, and having read a number of reviews here, I was expecting something much more bland than I found at the Ibis Krakow centrum. I found it to be a very comfortable place with nothing to complain about inside, especially at around 80 USD a night.

Location is pretty good as far as the main sights of Krakow go: About a ten-to-fifteen minute walk to the square, and shorter, still, to the Wawel castle (which you can see from the hotel by walking just to the corner). My room was spacious, with a generous desk, a comfortable bed, and a clean, functional bathroom (very little in the way of extras: Soap and shampoo only). TV includes Polish channels, as well as Canal, France 2, BBC, CNN, and more. Very busy lobby with lots of friendly staff, and a big restaurant/bar. Plenty of tourist info brochures available. Wifi internet available via an Orange card with scratchoff account number/pin, at pretty reasonable rates. There's a 24/7 supermarket right across the street.

Breakfast was great: Plenty of choices, including the standard eggs, croissants/breads, cheese, meats, as well as regional Polish things I hadn't had before and liked.

Yes...If you want a 'romantic' hotel with plenty of individual character, this wouldn't be it. But everything I needed was taken care of with a smile, and I had a very happy, comfortable stay. If I were pressed to find a fault, it would be that the location, while within walking distance of the main tourist places in town, could be a bit more 'tourist-friendly' of an area...Like, with a selection of inviting pubs and restaurants close by, if you're just looking to go out and have a drink in the evening. Instead, it's in a bit of a 'workaday' part of town...Pubs and restaurants are around, to be sure, but if you want to go clubbing in the Kazimierz section (which is where the locals go), it's a good twenty minute walk to get there (or shorter by tram, of course).

Great Reception

by TripAdvisor Member GregB

The reception staff were very helpful in welcoming us to Crakow, arranging transportation and making some phone calls. The room was comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. None of those hot feather beds here - just comfortable sheets and blankets. The hotel is a bit far for back and forth trips to the city square - take the tram and you will save a lot of extra steps. The river is very close by and there is a pretty park that leads all the way to the castle.

Gets the basics right

by TripAdvisor Member Togtraveller

This is an excellent choice for a short break in Krakow. It's like all the other Ibis's .. yes but it gets all the basics right. It is well located - as others have said only a 10 minute walk into town , alternatively it is next to the tram stop and the number 2 will get you to the train/bus station in ten minutes or so. Breakfast is good - a continental type (and hot sausages ) with lots of choice , efficient service etc. Rooms are blissfully quiet, with climate control , comfortable beds, and a good shower. You can reserve on their web site and cancel before 6 same day if you have to. Staff, like the rest of the Poles we encountered, are very pleasant and helpful.It can't be faulted.

perfect stay

by TripAdvisor Member welltravelledIreland

stayed at this wonderful hotel for 3nights early june,centrally located, a short tram ride to central square.the staff were some of the friendliest i have ever met.nothing was too much bother for them.rooms are small and basic but adequate facilities including large power shower and air conditioning. ate breakfast one morning in hotel.great value for money buffet style.would highly recommend this hotel.

service with a smile

by TripAdvisor Member LOCHSIDE

My wife and I have just spent five fabulous days in Cracow.As usual I spent ime reviewing trip advisor to select where we would stay.I must agree with all the plaudits that previous contributors have written about the Ibis Hotel.The staff were tremendous, always ready to help and always smiling.The room was standard but more than adequate with a real power shower.The breakfast was much more than the basic continental offering found in some hotels and really set us up for the day.Although not in the centre it is a short stroll to most of the sights and its location means a quiet night is assured.Without the benefit of Trip Advisor and previous reviewers I would never have considered booking into this hotel and it would have been our loss.Excellent value and service.If we return to Cracow we will return to this hotel. Have already recommended it to friends.

by TripAdvisor Member Nikandlesley

Stayed one night on way back from Ukraine to UK. Arrived at 1am to a warm welcoming smile. The hotel is at the back of the Novotel by the bridge over the river by the castle. Room clean and comftable. Bathroom smaller than in other Ibis hotel but functional. Breakfast as expected with Polish twist. Free internet access via PC in lobby. Only 2 min walk to main square. Can back for lunch and got really good and fast service.

What more do you want from an Ibis? Staff spoke english and were very friendly. Asked for directions and was onlt too willing to help.

ditto

by TripAdvisor Member MaggieQu

Good hotel, great location. I would basically agree with all the other comments, except I did not always find the staff at reception particularly helpful. Some were wonderful, but others may have been having a bad day. Stayed for three nights. Tip: You can buy tram tickets in the little shop in the Novotel around the corner from the Ibis.

Standard hotel - no frills

by TripAdvisor Member 501places

Hotel was as you expect from Ibis - small rooms but comfortable and clean. Reception friendly and courteous. Breakfast buffet is ok but for €8 I would have liked more variety.
Location is good - by the river and around 10-15 walk from the main square.

Just as good the second time around

by TripAdvisor Member Drumcovitt

Second time at this hotel, just as good as the first. We were glad of the airconditioned room as Krakow can get very warm and quite humid. Clean and fresh. The addition of outdoor seating is a big improvement.

Someone made a comment about the lack of variety for breakfast. I don't know what they normally have for breakfast, but cereals, fruit salad, fresh fruit, eggs, different hams and salamis and cheeses and all sorts of bread, toast, pastries and even crispbread, sausages, pickles and yogurt seems like a reasonable array to me and we had breakfast five days in a row without getting bored. Different folks, different strokes, I suppose. If I had been staying in the 5-star Pulitzer in Amsterdam I might have been looking for honey-roast bacon with fresh thyme and buck's fizz made with real champagne.

Anyway, the Sarcastic Horse and partner enjoyed it greatly. And we plan to go back next year.

Great Location - A must for a short stay in Krakow

by TripAdvisor Member alanm1476

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend and found it perfectly suited for our needs and excellent value. Very central location right by the river. Only a few mins walk to the centre square. Very helpful and friendly staff, who greeted us at 6 in the morning when we arrived, and who also arranged taxis and booked us trips to all the major tourist attractions in Krakow from the hotel. We ate in the restaurant one night and found it very good, but never had breakfast. Room was spacious and bathroom was clean with a massive shower!!! One complaint was the bed wasn't great but for 3 nights it did the trick. All in all, for a short budget holiday to Krakow this suited perfectly and I would certainly recommend it..

Comments