Peregrinus Rooms & Apartments

Peregrinus Rooms & Apartments
Booking.com Priceline.com Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Krakow

Hansi photographing our meal, Krakow 2010Hansi photographing our meal, Krakow 2010

Kazimierz, Krakow, PLKazimierz, Krakow, PL

NutsNuts

Waiting for youWaiting for you

Which?

by unaS

Is there any real difference between LOT air and CZECH air?

The price difference is over US$100 and the hours more or less convenient either way.

One had a very long layover in Warsaw, and the other in Prague. Either way I will have a day to see a city that I have not yet visited.

by unaS

Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing final decided yet ;)

by Kathrin_E

Two flights with CSA and big delays on both.

by MacedonianUK

I have flown with Chez from London via Prague to Skoje-Macedonia, it was briliant!!
I never used LOT, but friend of mine used it and she said they are so-so.
If youare looking for a cheap flight Una, may I suggest to chek Easyjet to London-Luton at the moment shows €95.99 one way for 27 of May, and from London Stansted eateher Easyjet again or Ryanair to Krakow, at the moment easyjet have £36.99 and Ryanair £26.99 tax included.....
miht be something to consider??
www.easyjet.com
www.ryanair.com

See you in Krakow
Valentina

Thanks Katherine.
May I ask what your destinations and departure airports were on those big delays?

by unaS

Thanks Valentina, but from what I can see the hours are very bad with EasyJet and onwards. I arrive in Luton at midnight and the same again - arrive in Krakow near midnight also. I do travel solo and the hours don't appeal, never mind the cost of an overnight in London.

by Gili_S

I used Czech airlines over 20 times, I only had delay once or twice in domestic flights. I rather have delay and mechanical issue fixed then not, I got voucher for lunch and drink anyway while waiting for the flight. I don't think airlines are much different these days, even the gap between normal national airlines and budget airlines is not that big anymore. I look more at what airport I am going to use, is it easy to get from/to as well as to check in and so on.

by unaS

Thanks Gili, that makes sense.

by sihi

Hi!

LOT is better. Very good service and safe flights, new planes.
Fly to Warsaw, the major economical centre in Central Europe, old city, lots things to see and to do.
Visit old town of Warsaw listed to UNESCO with Royal Castle; Royal Way, royal park Lazienki, castles and palaces (Wilanow etc), downtown with modern and "Socialist Era" skyscrapers.
Warsaw is very interesting city.

by unaS

Thanks sihi. No definite decision yet, but I will have to make a final choice soon.

by Kathrin_E

Frankfurt to Tallinn with a change of plane in Prague and less than one hour in between. (I did not book this nonsensical connection, I would have taken a non-stop flight from the beginning but was with a group...)

Flight 1: Frankfurt to Prague. Plane was expected to arrive in Frankfurt with too much delay to have any chance to catch the connection in Prague. So they booked us onto the direct Lufthansa flight in the afternoon, which then went smoothly but we lost a precious half day of our short stay in Tallin.
On the return trip the connecting plane in Prague was 2 hours delayed.

by unaS

Thanks Katherin, I appreciate knowing that.

Travel Tips for Krakow

Discover Krakow on foot

by filipdebont

Krakow is just a wonderful city to discover on foot. Most of the historical buildings are located in the old city centre.

And there are provided marked walks. At many places there signboards which show you which route to follow, and these signboards also show you the important buildings and monuments.

That way you not need to walk all the time with your guide book, or city map in your hand. I loved the walk along the University buildings. It was easy I just needed to follow the yellow line on the signboard.

View from the Tower

by Ash59

The windows at the top of the tower are quite small, as you can see. Although numbers of people entering the tower are restricted by the door attendants, the area at the top of the tower can still become slightly crowded. You may have to be patient to get to the window view that you want!

Polish beer

by HORSCHECK

Poland is famous for a vodka-drinking tradition. Nevertheless, there are some popular Polish beers. One famous brewery is Zywiec which was founded in 1852 and nowadays owned by Heineken.
Another well known beer brand is Okocim; an old-established brewery (founded 1845), which is now owned by Carlsberg. Both Zywiec and Okocim lager contain more than 5 % alcohol.

When you get to Krakow, pick...

by kenbac

When you get to Krakow, pick up a copy of “Krakow in your Pocket”. This is one of the “In Your Pocket” guides, which are currently covering a very large area of Eastern Europe. This is a guide you cannot be without. The cost is 6 zl (£1.20 Ir). You can read the entire guide, in advance of your trip at
www.inyourpocket.com
but still purchase it when you arrive, as you do really need to have it “In Your Pocket”
Great to plan your next activity, while you have a coffee or beer.

Square of Chairs

by monkeytrousers

On my way to see Schindler's factory I saw this square full of chairs. It's presumably an art installation but I dont know if it is permenant or not. Either way it was quite surreal.

To get there walk over the river from ul. Starowislna and the square is a few steps after the bridge on the right near the tram stop.

Comments