Pokoje Goscinne

Ul. Wislna 10, Krakow, 31-007, Poland

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Unikat B&B aka VT Central

Like many VTers in town for the Euromeeting I chose to stay at the Unikat B&B (also known as Pokoje Goscinne). This is an old building just a couple of minutes’ walk from the Market Square or Rynku Glowny. Rooms are spread over several floors and there is a lift (although some VTers reported that their room could only be accessed by narrow, winding stairs). But I wouldn’t recommend it for someone with a disability as there are a few steps down to reception.

Prices are reasonable – I paid 150 PLN (approx 36€) for my room, which is the quoted price for an en suite single, but was lucky enough to get a small double for single occupancy at no extra charge. If I’d been travelling with my husband I would have found this rather too cosy but for one person it felt quite spacious – apart from the bathroom which was narrow and cramped. I had a window overlooking the street but although the location is so close to the main square it seemed relatively quiet at night and I wasn’t disturbed. However I would have liked a curtain wide enough to cover the window as the wide gap on either side, and the 4.30 am sunrise, meant that I was woken very early by the light streaming into the room and directly on to my face.

Facilities in the room were minimal – no hairdryer (you can borrow one of three kept at reception), no safe, very little hanging space (just a few pegs on the wall), but there was a TV – which I didn’t ever switch on! In the bathroom there was just a bottle of hand-wash – no other toiletries. But the room was clean and light, the bed comfortable (if low) and I was happy to be staying here.

Breakfast is included and is served in the adjoining restaurant (although owing to building work we ate some of ours in another nearby). There is a choice of 5 set menus – I can recommend the scrambled egg. You’ll pay extra though if you want more than one coffee, or fruit juice with your meal.

Unique Quality: The location is unbeatable – convenient for the action, yet relatively quiet, and in a street I felt very happy to walk alone however late my return from the bar!

Directions: Wislna Street leads southwards from the main square at its southwest corner

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

LOCATION - LOCATION!! VT CENTRAL

May 26 to 31, 2010
    Taking the advice of Matt, the majority of us stayed at B & B UNIKAT or POKOJE GOSCINNE. It was certainly an excellent location as it was a few minutes walk to the Town Square and minutes away from our Euromeet dinner venues.
    The wonderful reception staff were so friendly and helpful and English speaking.
    Our double room with bathroom was 250 zl per night, which also included breakfast. The first two days we had breakfast downstairs at the Nibis Restaurant and the next three days at Bordo which was just around the corner from the Unikat.
    Both breakfasts were a set menu - about five choices. We mostly picked the Menu with scrambled eggs, bread with jams, side salad of meats and cheeses.

Directions: 50 metres from the main square

• gmg61's Profile Photo

Right in the heart of the city

This B&B is right in the city centre, about 50 metres from the Market Square.
    Rooms are located in two facing buildings, and they are rather small, but the price is OK, the location is super and the price includes a good breakfast. Also the service is nice and careful.

Unique Quality: Great location.

Directions: Ul. Wislna is the road that starts from the southwestern corner of the Market Square (Rynek Glowny)

Comments