ul Nadwislanska 6, Krakow, Southern Poland, 30-527, Poland

Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Near the Jewish Quarter

The Qubus Hotel is large and modern and sits by the side of the river on the site of the former Jewish Ghetto.
    Clean, comfy beds, decent breakfasts and easily accessible by walking or tram it might not be centrally located to the Market Square but is well placed for the trendy bars and restaurants in the Jewish Quarter.

Unique Quality: The small swimming pool on the sixth floor has the best view over the river towards the main centre of Krakow

Directions: From Rynek Glowny, (the market square)walk down Sienna and catch a tram or walk straight down Starowislna. Cross the river and the Hotel is on the right

More about Qubus Hotel Krakow

First Class

by TripAdvisor Member chezziejb

We have just returned from a three night stay at the Qubus. The hotel was beautiful and I knew it was for me as soon as we walked through the door. The check-in was quick and the staff on reception were always friendly and helpful. We had a king size bed in a room on the 4th floor complete with swivel flat screen tv and free internet access. The beds were large and comfortable and smelt fresh. The bathroom was very plush with bath and shower and hairdryer. The room had a stowaway ironing board and iron which came in useful. The hotel is situated by the river about a mile and a half away from the main square, so it was very quiet. A taxi into the main square cost between 10 and 15 zloty - about £2-3. There is also a courtesy riverboat that takes you into the town up until 6pm. We used all the facilities of the hotel, steam room, sauna, pool, jacuzzi and sun loungers where you could lie down after your swim and relax.. Towels are provided for you and there is a gym instructor on hand if you fancy working out! Breakfast had something for everybody whether hot or cold, watching your weight or pigging out! Drinks were very reasonably priced in the hotel if you didn't fancy venturing out but you must try one of the many restaurants. Four of us ate a 2-course meal and had 3 pints each and it came to a mere £60 for the lot. The average price for a beer was 5 zloty - about a £1! You just can't spend your money. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a bit of luxury but not the hustle and bustle of the city. Me and my husband are both in our late 30s and this hotel had a mixture of age groups, from families to OAPs.

World class city....great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member JoeNPhiladelphia

Three day stay, staff is excellent. Have warmed bathroom floors and in room computer screens for you. LED tv's, safe, mini bar etc. Very new and clean. There are other great hotels in this city and you can pick your style, but this would be at least a 4 star in the US and pretty much what you would expect. Cab ride into Centrum is very cheap about 10 Z and the cab drivers are honest and helpful..

You can take a Tram or walk. The Vistula, which flows thru the entire country is beneath your feet. Rowers provide an extra touch. The pool and hot tub on the 6th floor have a wonderful view of the world class city as you bubble your pains away....

Fitness room as well or take a run along the river....its all good.

Food is very good with great service but the square is really full of world class food......enjoy

What a Find! Amazing Value.

by TripAdvisor Member verymodest

Stayed here with my wife in August 2007 for 3 nights while travelling around Poland and I must say that this is possibly the most impressive accommodation in all of Central Europe, as someone else said, at least a 4 star or probably even 5. The hotel is very new, clean and quite luxurious, yet at affordable price compared to some other comparable places we stayed in. The location is fantastic, right across the river from old town, easy walk to Old Town Square. There is fast internet in rooms, as well as a safe, flat screen tv, and more. There is a great swimming pool on the 7th floor with views of the city.

Overall, I highly recommend this hotel.

Love This Place-Even the nonEnglish Speaking waiter was great!!

by TripAdvisor Member alexa310168

Firstly, book this place through [--]. They service was impecible. I changed the booking twice. NO PROBLEMS! The rate was the best on the market and even my Travel club, who 'guarantee to beat any other quote' couldn't!!

ONE complaint. The pool was CHILLY!! Not good news when your feet are aching from walking around the 'attractions'. But the views from the pool, sauna, power showers, etc. are lovely.

The hotel staff were FABOULOUS. I asked for a special room, as our visit was a surprise for my husbands birthday and they put us on top floor overlooking river! Wonderful.

Waiter couldn't understand us at all but he sought help at every curve and didn't get anything wrong with our dinners. SUPERB!

Business Centre is 24/7 with full printing, etc. Handy for checking in flight online.

Shop - sparse. But there are plenty of shops in the City so didn't buy anything there.

Walking to Market Sq is pleasant enough. Took us about half hour, but we walk slowly.

There is a shopping centre on the other side of the river too, with plenty of things to buy.

Oh, one thing before signing off. THERE IS NO KETTLE/HOT DRINKS facilities in the room. Don't know if this is a Polish thing or just with Qubus. But they make a GREAT Latte downstairs. (If you like Coffee and Baileys get a Qubus Coffee - LOVELY for a pre bed hot toddy!!

I will be sorting out photos and posting asap

Disappointing....

by TripAdvisor Member Cavancouple

In slight (?) contrast with the other reviews for this hotel I really did find our stay quite disappointing. Honestly I think the main reason for this is that I was expecting fabulous things with all the amazing reviews and I do not think Qubus delivered. Yes it’s a nice hotel and yes it has some quite nice points. I haven’t stayed in any other hotels in Krakow so I don’t know how they compare but I found our stay to be a bit above satisfactory….

The hotel is nice and new. It’s a bit out from the town but taxis are cheap so that wasn’t an issue. The reception/ lobby area is clean, airy and without much character.
The reception staff were friendly and check in was grand.

We had a sandwich to eat on arrival which wasn’t great but probably because we wanted something a little more filling (it was a piece of chicken & grilled cheese on 1 slice of fried bread) but weren’t ready for a dinner so it’s not exactly a strike against the hotel…

Loved the view of the river and general area going up in one of the elevators.
Really liked the pool, Jacuzzi & steam rooms on the 6th/7th floor. Had the place to ourselves and it really was nice. Loved the view. Actually wished I’d made more of this now thinking back on it!

Our room was the main disappointment. I had previously figured the room would not be like the one on photos included above though after staying in another hotel (slightly more expensive but 5 star) in Warsaw the previous night and having a room more like a suite my hopes were raised. But the room in Qubus was tiny… It was a nice room and I liked the style of it but there wasn’t room to swing a cat.
My major grievance with it however was the bed(s)…. We had 2 single beds put together with a double mattress over them, 2 separate head boards and two single duvets?????????? This is not what I expect in a four star or indeed any rated hotel….. The dip in the bed where they joined was slight but uncomfortable and we found ourselves either sleeping on top of each other in one of the beds or apart from each other which is not ideal on a romantic trip away. The individual duvets did not help matters and it was a particularly uncomfortable nights sleep.
We let reception know of this issue in the morning and we were told that basically all the rooms were made up to accommodate 2 single beds so all the other rooms were like this and there was nothing they could do for us.

Breakfast was buffet style and ok. Was expecting great things and didn’t get them so again it was a bit of a let down…

We got the boat trip down to the Castle which was lovely and a nice touch. Make sure you do this if at all possible even if it’s raining.

There are 2 English channels (BBC World/News & CNBC) and no radio stations which I usually like to have on in the background when staying in hotels.

We requested room service of some additional drinks and ice on our last night at about 12 or so and after speaking to 4 different people on the phone were told that we’d have to come downstairs ourselves to get it. Then they wouldn’t serve us at the bar saying they were finished despite pouring a drink for another guest as we had been standing there waiting…. We had to go outside to the piano bar to get what we wanted. Just thought this was a bit crap to be honest….

The hotel is a nice place but it has been “bigged” up so much on this site that I really was expecting something fantastic. I think if I had’ve read some of these issues instead of “wow”….”amazing”….”5 star”….. etc that I would’ve had more realistic expectations of the hotel.
I thought we’d gotten great value (95 euro per night) but having paid 135 for a five star hotel in Warsaw (which in general was more expensive that Krakow anyway) it made it even less good value.

I might be a bit harsh on the hotel here but it really is to lower people's expectations of it. I do feel if this had been the case for us that we may have enjoyed our stay more...

Qubus Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NoraV

We Have just returned from a seven day stay in the hotel Qubus and like the other reviews on this site we couldn't complain about anything in the hotel the service was excellent the rooms comfortable. Krakow is an interesting city with lots to do in the surrounding areas. The only downside we felt was that the street lighting was minimal and you were not always sure if the area was safe or not. A trip to the mountains is a must as too is the salt mines. Eating & drinking are so reasonable you will think that its a mistake when you convert to euros.

Sept 20th - 21st

by TripAdvisor Member SparkyG

Stayed here on business for 1 night

CONS

The room was VERY small nothing like the website photographs (cell like)

No tea or coffee making facilities

Shower only no bath

Only English channel on the TV is the BBC world service

PROS

Very Clean and modern

Lovely comfy bed with lots of pillows

Heated bathroom floor

Small but lovely pool and gym

All in all it's nothing special, reminded me of an up market hol in exp, not a 4 star hotel, I would have felt cheated if I'd been staying for leisure and ot business.

Ideal

by TripAdvisor Member Michael023

Spent a bit of time and effort deciding on a hotel, including this site. Based on what we read, we chose this hotel.

It was as good as we were expecting. A modern comfortable hotel, just a short distance from the city centre, beautifully situated right on the river.

Yes we could have chosen somewhere closer to the square, but we have legs and we can walk, and get a closer look at the area as we did so. And the taxis were cheap and the tram was so close.

We did a couple of organised trips and the bus picked up at other hotels. Nothing we saw made us wish that we had booked a different hotel.

Ok the room wasn't massive, but we were in Krakow to see Krakow, NOT the hotel room. It was a place to wash and sleep. As for the TV, other people have commented that there were only two English channels. So what, we were in Poland. If you want "English" channels, go to a Sports Bar.

As for us, we ate Polish food and drank Polish beer. We spoke to Polish people. Really quite a good idea in Poland.

The hotel staff could not have been more helpful, the room service and mini bar were not overpriced, although we didn't use them. The beds were really comfortable. It's not often I sleep well on my first night in any hotel, but I did at the Qubus.

The pool was lovely, and I had it to myself for a while.

For the price we paid, 67 Euros (GBP 47) per night for B&B we got a good deal.

A bit far from the old twon

by TripAdvisor Member Apsil

Nice hotel but it's about 1 km from the old town. Taxis are cheap (if you don;t use the hotels own one!)

I would definitely recommend it as long as you aren;t looking for the convenience of a hotel in the old town.

Qubus hotel Krakow

by Copper04

Has anyone stayed at this hotel as need advice on its location.
Is it a reasonably convenient hotel as regards public transport to the center.
I have found a very good deal but wondering what the catch might be. ??
It is indicated to be 1.5km to the center but there may or may not be a direct tram connection.

RE: Qubus hotel Krakow

by servus

there is maybe one small catch about this hotel it's "lying" on "the other side" of Vistua river, but you have only to pass the bridge to enter the jewish quater, there are maybe 5 trams going to the center, the hotel is brand new and has a nice view (when you get your room from river side) if it's a really good deal take it, by the way what's a good deal for you?:)

RE: RE: Qubus hotel Krakow

by Copper04

There are two so called HOT deals, one is with www.ebookers.ie at is €83.50 for twin room including breakfast.
www.asiarooms.com has same deal but slightly less at €82.00.
Its not at all bad for 4 star hotel. ???
Thanks for the info on the location.

RE: Qubus hotel Krakow