Regent Hotel

SooBrand's Profile Photo

Average Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2005

The hotel was cheap and the rooms were clean. The complementary breakfast was really good (everything fresh and good variety).

The downsides were:

1) 15 minutes from town walking (OK, I can deal with that though)
2) Room was not non smoking so a bit smelly
3) Suppose to be free internet access in the hotel, but there isn't really. They first told me there wasn't any, then said it was a plug in the room and I had to bring my own laptop. I couldn't find a plug though!
4) Staff were friendly but not terribly helpful about the internet access.
5) Booked through travelpoland.com and got a voucher that covered all taxes. On arrival I was given another local tax to pay as well.

Directions: In the Kazimierz district. Nice area, lots of cafes, bars et c.

stiab3's Profile Photo

Good place to stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 21, 2005

Very clean and comfortable hotel. The breakfast was excellent. Lots to choose from. The showers in the room were ace - good pressure!

Pricewise - it was a bargain. And the location was ideal. Only 5 minutes away from Wavel Castle and 10 minutes from the main square.

dutch2220's Profile Photo

Wonderful Hotel in Kazimierz, Krakow

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 20, 2005

I had the most wonderful stay at this hotel! My overnight train from Prague arrived early -- actually VERY early at 6am, but the clerks at the front desk were extremely helpful and gave this weary traveller a room immediately. The single room itself for such a low price ($42), was very large, clean, and offered the best, cleanest and largest bathroom I have had in Eastern Europe! Anything I needed was brought to my room instantly, the staff was extremely friendly, and the housekeeping left me a clean, organised room each day. I cannot rave enough about this hotel, particularly for the location and the price. Prime Kazimierz, easy walking distance to Wawel Castle, Rynek Glowny, Planty, etc. Check it out!

Unique Quality: Not such great views, but typical street views of the area. Amenities included excellent satellite reception on a decent television (more English channels than I had found in Czech Republic), wake-up calls were delivered precisely on time, and whenever anything extra was needed (i.e. during the height of winter I needed extra blankets), they were brought to my room instantly by accommodating, friendly staff. Not one complaint for this wonderfully centrally located hotel. Much more than I would have ever expected for the very cheap price. In fact, I will stay there again in June, 2005!

Directions: Heart of Kazimierz, the former Jewish District which is well preserved, and well worth seeing.

Nearby Regent Hotel

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Room Service
  • Pets Allowed

Krakow Travel Forum

Need advice about Krakow, Poland? Visit the Travel Forum for Krakow and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Krakow hotel reviews