19 Bozego Ciala St, Krakow, Southern Poland, 31-059, Poland

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• SooBrand's Profile Photo

Average Hotel

The hotel was cheap and the rooms were clean. The complementary breakfast was really good (everything fresh and good variety).

The downsides were:

1) 15 minutes from town walking (OK, I can deal with that though)
    2) Room was not non smoking so a bit smelly
    3) Suppose to be free internet access in the hotel, but there isn't really. They first told me there wasn't any, then said it was a plug in the room and I had to bring my own laptop. I couldn't find a plug though!
    4) Staff were friendly but not terribly helpful about the internet access.
    5) Booked through travelpoland.com and got a voucher that covered all taxes. On arrival I was given another local tax to pay as well.

Directions: In the Kazimierz district. Nice area, lots of cafes, bars et c.

• stiab3's Profile Photo

Good place to stay

Very clean and comfortable hotel. The breakfast was excellent. Lots to choose from. The showers in the room were ace - good pressure!

Pricewise - it was a bargain. And the location was ideal. Only 5 minutes away from Wavel Castle and 10 minutes from the main square.

• dutch2220's Profile Photo

Wonderful Hotel in Kazimierz, Krakow

I had the most wonderful stay at this hotel! My overnight train from Prague arrived early -- actually VERY early at 6am, but the clerks at the front desk were extremely helpful and gave this weary traveller a room immediately. The single room itself for such a low price ($42), was very large, clean, and offered the best, cleanest and largest bathroom I have had in Eastern Europe! Anything I needed was brought to my room instantly, the staff was extremely friendly, and the housekeeping left me a clean, organised room each day. I cannot rave enough about this hotel, particularly for the location and the price. Prime Kazimierz, easy walking distance to Wawel Castle, Rynek Glowny, Planty, etc. Check it out!

Unique Quality: Not such great views, but typical street views of the area. Amenities included excellent satellite reception on a decent television (more English channels than I had found in Czech Republic), wake-up calls were delivered precisely on time, and whenever anything extra was needed (i.e. during the height of winter I needed extra blankets), they were brought to my room instantly by accommodating, friendly staff. Not one complaint for this wonderfully centrally located hotel. Much more than I would have ever expected for the very cheap price. In fact, I will stay there again in June, 2005!

Directions: Heart of Kazimierz, the former Jewish District which is well preserved, and well worth seeing.

More about Regent Hotel

Regent Hotel, Krakow

Just come back from an excellent long weekend in Krakow.
Following advice from this site we booked the Regent and were not dissappointed!!! The square and castle are a pleasant 10 to 15 minutes walk away.
The hotel is surrounded by many restaurants, bars and clubs in the Jewish Quarter, although the food was always good we found that we were often the only people in the restaurants here whilst those near the square were always much busier.
A top tip- we went to the train station to catch a bus to the salt mines and Auschwitz however due to road works we were very confused as to where to get the bus.
We ended up taking a taxi, who offered us the same price per person as the bus. Whats more he took us to Schindlers factory and pointed out the sites on the way.
I would definately recommend getting a taxi at the train station- much cheaper than the prices offered by the hotel.

A good choice

This is a well-run place. It's a relatively easy walk to the castle and the old market square, or an even easier tram ride. The complimentary breakfast buffet is a nice spread, and if your flight leaves before the buffet's 7 a.m. opening time, the hotel will even pack you a meal. That's a rare commitment to service.

Excellent Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member daverey

Just spent 3 nights at the Regent hotel in Krakow with my wife. We booked the hotel through "Travel Poland" and got

exceptionally cheap rates - I think about £STG 30 per night for the 2 of us, including breakfast.

The hotel was excellent - in a great location in the old Jewish quarter of Kazimierz, which is full of bars and

places to eat, and around a 10 minute walk to Wawel Royal Castle and 15 minutes to the main Market Square.

We were given a room on the 3rd (top) floor, which was actually a triple room - it consisted of an entrance hall, a

very new and modern-looking bathroom with shower, a bedroom with a double bed and a lounge area with a single bed,

wardrobe, dressing table and TV. The room was very clean and comfortable and warm, although the bedroom area wasn't

the warmest given that it was snowing outside, but it was fine with the extra duvet from the single bed!!

The reception staff were very good and spoke pretty decent English, and the breakfast was excellent given the price

- more than enough choice of cereals, cold meats, salads, breads, yoghurts and also scrambled eggs and sausages.

There were always taxis waiting outside the hotel if you needed them, and every night 3 free bottles of water were

left in the room to drink.

One thing that has been mentioned previously is the organised tours - the hotel will arrange private taxi trips to

many of the local attractions (Salt Mines, Auschwitz etc). Whilst they are not overly expensive, you can get them

much cheaper just by leaving the hotel and getting a cab somewhere else. The Hotel were offering the taxi day-trip

to Auschwitz for 300 PLZ (around £STG52), whereas we went to the station and got the same trip for PLZ210 (£STG37) -

and that was without really bargaining!!

I was strongly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean, warm, comfortable & exceptional value base for

exploring Krakow.

Deserving of Number 1 in Krakow

by TripAdvisor Member BerkshireBabe

Have just returned from this hotel - chosen purely on the excellent reviews it has received - entirely deserved. The room was quite small but who wants to sit in a hotel bedroom all day? Sparkling bathroom although I would have liked nothing better than a long hot soak after a day's sightseeing and I'm sure you can request a room with a bath. For an "eastern european" country the staff are exceptional if you understand me... Excellent breakfast buffet, one of the best I have seen but rose petal jam is an acquired taste! I did ask for a hairdryer one evening (too cold to go outside with wet hair) but although the blurb mentioned one was available on request, I was told there wasn't one? The hotel also didn't collect us from the airport as previously arranged but thankfully it all worked out ok in the end. All in all for the price I think it is superlative value for money. The location is fine, and I always welcomed the chance to walk off my dinner! There are some great bars/restaurants nearby and everywhere I went was very reasonable. I would go back to the Regent in an instant. Keep up the good work.

Didn't get to stay here

by TripAdvisor Member thamesy

I had forgotten the reviews I had previously read on this site about 'youths wrecking rooms', which necessitated us also being transferred.... to the Rezydent Hotel. In fact we were really pleased to be so centrally located, and it all worked out well, but I do wonder what the Regent is up to.

Excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member clarkee

Enjoyed wonderful few days at the Regent last week. Hotel booked taxi to and from airport - great value, friendly drivers. Our arrival was good also, nice welcome - immediately to our rooms no hassles at all. Rooms, we had a triple, comprised of two bedrooms, one with double bed and other with single - brilliant! Warm spacious and beds very comfy indeed!! Bathroom good, no bath, but good powerful shower and everything very clean and fresh. Reception very helpful and cheerful as were all the staff. Super breakfast - fruit, veg, sausages, scrambled egg, etc. - quite a feast to set you up for the day. Bar/restaurant in the evening quite good though we were never able to get what we wanted off the menu! The prices too seemed to vary day to day in our case! Anyway loads of good places to eat nearby, especially Arka on the square to the left as you exit the hotel. Lovely atmosphere around the Kazimierz area, old full of history and character. We felt very happy and comfortable here and would very gladly revisit as soon as possible! Wawel Hill just 5 minutes away and maybe another 10 minutes away on foot to centre. Wonderful hotel, great city, friendly helpful people. Full marks to the Regent.

we shall return

by TripAdvisor Member staffsgt0

just returned from a five day stay at the Regent and cannot fault it.the room was lovely,large.clean and well furnished.breakfast was plentiful with excellent choice and we chose to eat dinner at the hotel prices being comparable to anything offered in less comfortable surroundings. the standard merited a five star hotel.the only oddity was the waiting staff couldn't grasp the fact that we brits eat our veggies WITH our main course and not afterwards as a seperate course.the hotel was just far enough from the centre to make a good nights sleep possible.the taxi drivers at the hotel were a mine of information and very helpful one word in polish and everyone became friendly. highly recommended

Comments