Ulica Grodzka, 9, Krakow, Southern Poland, 31-006, Poland

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• leics's Profile Photo

Totally central.........

Booked this through Easyjet; it couldn't be more central, just 30 seconds or so from Rynek Glowny, the Main Market Square. The hotel is actually two buildings; Reception and half the rooms are in one, the rest of the rooms (and the breakfast room) are in another a few yards away. I don't know if you can get from one to the other inside, as I never bothered to find out.

This hotel is part of a chain and has been recently refurbished, which means the showers etc are excellent. My room was at the front, overlooking Ulica Grodzka, one of the main streets and therefore rather noisy. In fact, ear plugs are absolutely vital for any room at the front; although not raucous, the general buzz carries on into the small hours (the horses and carriages stop around 11pm, I think), and cars and lorries are allowed in the evening and early morning. There's no air-con, so having the windows open in summer is essential. The walls are very thick, and the windows double-glazed, so I imagine it's quite cosy in winter.

The staff are young, friendly, helpful and speak excellent English. Breakfast is typical hotel buffet; rolls/toast/cereal/cheeses/jams/coffee/juice etc etc. There is a lift in the Reception building, although there wasn't one in my building (the Easyjet rooms, perhaps?). The hotel is very aware of security too; as both entrances lead through to restaurants on the ground floor, there are iron gates and double security doors which your room key opens.

Unique Quality: You really couldn't ask for a better position in central Krakow. I was very impressed by the staff and by the cleanliness of the room. A good mid-range hotel..

But you really will need ear-plugs, unless it's winter and freezing cold!

Directions: You'll have to walk a few metres up Ul.Grodzka if you get a taxi in the daytime, as it's pedestrianised. Trams and buses stop nearby, and the station is about 10 minutes walk away.

• SimonRees's Profile Photo

Location, location, location!!!

We had booked to stay in the RT Regent, but on arrival we were moved to the Rezydent due to a problem with the water at the Regent. At first I was a little disappointed as I had hear so many good review of the Regent but once I saw where the Rezydent was I could not believe our luck. It it's a stone's throw from runek glowny, so everything was in walking distance.

The room was a decent size waith a fridge, tv and a desk. For being moved we were given a bottle of wine for our troubles which was a nice touch. Only problem that we had was that our room was at the front of the hotel and at night the noise coming from ul. Grodzka below was sometimes a bit on the loud side, but if you want to stay in the centre of the action then that's a small price to pay.

The staff are friendly and helpful and I enjoyed practicing my Polish with them even if they did laugh at some of my attempts. For the money, I don't think you will get a better located hotel.

Directions: Just off rynek glowny, right in the heart of Krakow.

• bankowskiboy's Profile Photo

situated in a great spot.

very pleased with the hotel,near to the rynek glowny,on grodzka street,friendly staff,nice breakfast,at a very reasonable price.the beds were so comfortable,could be a problem with noise if you are a light sleeper,so ask for a room away from the front.but i would have no qualms about staying in this hotel again.

Unique Quality: our picture doesn,t do the room justice.

Directions: on the royal route near the main square.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Hotel close to the Main Market Square (expensive!)

This hotel has been constructed within several connected historic properties. It comprises four separate sections only one of whitch has a lift, so it's not ideal for the infirm.

The good news is the quality of decoration and retention of the original style of building. Very well situated about 200 metres (219 yd) walk from the Main Market Square. There's a restaurant (Krew i Roza = Blood and Rose and an English speaking reception.

All rooms are well decorated with antique style furnishings, and are complete with satellite TV and en suite bathroom.

There are also several one-bedroom apartments, which have a sitting room, kitchen and bathroom, and which are ideal for families.

Unique Quality: Location :-).

Directions: Walk from SW corner of the Main Market Square - on the right just before Akropolis Greek restaurant

More about Rezydent Hotel

Polish cuisine

by matcrazy1 about Krew i Roza

Krew i roza means "blood and rose". Go the same entrance from Grodzka street as to Hotel Rezydent and don't turn right (it's entrance to a Hotel Rezydent). Go downstairs to the underground.
The restaurant offers good variety of Polish cuisine in mediaeval in style underground interiors.
I was there twice: first was OK (food and staff), second time food was quite good (but not the best at this price) but I was waiting maybe 20 min. sb to go to give me menu and then maybe next 20 min. to order dishes hmm... did they work or rest?
. - borsch with a meat pastry - delicious!
- soup from boletus (a fungus) - very good!
- roasted lamb - very good!
As I remember I paid approx. 12-15 US$ per person.

by Traw

I have booked a double room at the Rezydent Hotel in October. However, I have found a great variety of photographs of the rooms since booking. The ones I first saw wer huge with orginal architectural features that looked great. S I I have also seen some photographs posted by people who stayed there and the rooms shown look awful.
I understand the hotel is in two separate buildings. Please can someone tell me which is the better one to stay in. Are the pictures of the really nice rooms actually suites.

Re: Rezydent Hotel

by leics

I stayed there last year, and I liked my room. See my tip here for pics/info: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/73696/77aeb/3/

It was a double, at the front of the building-without-the-reception/breakfast room, and huge (though it might be noisy if the windows are open).

Why not just email the hotel and ask them to give you an older-style room? I found the staff to be both courteous and friendly, so I'm sure they'll oblige if they can.

Re: Rezydent Hotel

by bankowskiboy

hi traw, me and my wife stayed at the Rezydent on our first visit to Krakow 4 yrs ago, you might have seen one of our pictures, but the photo's don't do it justice, i'd say the rooms were traditional, and comfortable. The restaurant for breakfast is only two doors away, and a nice buffet breakfast as well, in plesent surroundings.

Comments