Szeroka 33

Szeroka 33, Krakow, 31-053, Poland
Szeroka 33
Booking.com Priceline.com eDreams

More about Krakow

Katyn Memorial Cross.Katyn Memorial Cross.

Take me home pleaseTake me home please

Church of SS. Peter and Paul - KrakówChurch of SS. Peter and Paul - Krak√≥w

Baroque Vodka and Food Bar-a selection of VodkasBaroque Vodka and Food Bar-a selection of Vodkas

Our visit to Krakow and Zakopane March 2009

by jonathanbarker

Hello

two friends and I are travelling to Krakow next March, and we are hoping to include a couple of days in Zakopane. I have an idea of where to stay in Krakow, but would like advice about a hostel in Zakopane.

We believe that we can travel by bus from Zakopane to the Slovakian border and then another to Poprad.

Also I have heard of a micro brewery in Krakow, which I would like to visit.

by 68maciek

1.I like the most mountain huts/hostels in Tatry.However you can find whatever you want, as March isn't usually the high season in Zakopane.
2.There are buses between Zakopane-Lysa Polana-Poprad.
3.I know only C.K. Browar at Straszewskiego/Karmelicka/Krupnicza

by evaanna

I don't know about hostels but it's very easy to find a room in Zakopane. Go to
http://www.z-ne.com/ There are more links possible but this one is in English. If you wanted a cheaper room, you could stay in one of the villages near Zakopane. In fact, if you don't make any reservations, you should still be able to find a room easily, just looking for the sign: 'Noclegi' or 'Pokoje' (do wynajecia). They are everywhere there, the ones in the very centre being the most expensive. There will probably still be snow in the Tatras in March and the off-season prices won't be applicable. As far as I know there are some buses going directly from Zakopane to Poprad, no need to change.

by sihi

Hi!

Dont go to Poprad but go to another brewery in Tychy. On the way you can visit Auschwitz or Kalwaria Zebrzydowska monastery (UNESCO site).

Travel Tips for Krakow

KRAKOW is the city that is...

by Maggies

KRAKOW is the city that is certainly changing with the times. It shows a unique ability to mix tradition with modernity. It gives you nice variety of both the old and the new. You will never forget its atmosphere. Especially the Market Square (Rynek Glowny) in warm summer day (or night) is something you will always want to come back to.
Come and enjoy!

INTERIOR OF STS. PETER & PAUL

by LoriPori

As you walk into the church, you will be totally impressed with the wonderful INTERIOR OF STS. PETER & PAUL. It has one nave surrounded by a number of beautiful chapels. It contains a late Baroque main altar ( circa 1735 ). Most of the decorations are from the first half of the XVIII century.

Photos # 1 & 2 - The Chapel of Our Lady of Loretto - Dating back to 1649 with a painting of Our Lady of Loretto in the background.

Photo # 3 - The Chapel of St. Ignatius Loyola ca. 1645 - An 18th century baroque altar with a painting of St. Ignatius in the background

The Toilets, PART 2

by tashski

In public toilets and in many tourist attractions and pubs/restaurants, there tends to be an attendant who cleans the restrooms, sitting there with a dish full of coins, waiting for your donation. I found it useful to always carry a few 1 zloty coins in my pocket to drop into the plate/dish to save me going through my wallet/bag looking for change.

What a dress!

by matcrazy1

Look at dress of that lady in the middle on my picture. She was our free, English speaking guide to amazing interiors of Wierzynek restaurant.
Hmm... is it local custom to wear such dress by women - tourist guides? Not at all, but in many old interiors...

Wieliczka Salt Mines

by kentishgirl

You must visit the amazing Salt Mines at nearby Wieliczka, you can take a bus from Krakow....not from the actual bus station, but there is a small yard with minibuses just off of Paiwa street. Tthe journey time is approx 45mins, they cram as many as possible onto the buses so be there first to get a seat!

When you arrive, if you do not speak Polish then you must join an English speaking tour, you cannot go into the mines yourself...it would be both dangerous and pointless....the guides are a wealth of information and the mines are spectacular. We spent a couple of hours down here, at the end you get a scary lift back up to the top!

Comments